Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3?
Sep 20, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #31 of 60
I read some interesting numbers on Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3.

Anticipated sales on Battlefield 3 are 30,000,000 and on Modern Warfare 3 are 100,000,000.

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #32 of 60

Quote:

Anticipated sales on Battlefield 3 are 30,000,000 and on Modern Warfare 3 are 100,000,000.

A lot of people buy COD no matter what so I'm predicting MW3 will still have huge sales despite Battlefield converters.

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #33 of 60
Quote:

Got a link? Or did you make it up?

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #34 of 60
Those numbers aren't even reasonable. BF3 would have to outperform BFBC2 by over 3x to make 30m units and MW3 would have to outperform BO by about 4x to make 100m units.

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #35 of 60

Quote:
Those numbers aren't even reasonable. BF3 would have to outperform BFBC2 by over 3x to make 30m units and MW3 would have to outperform BO by about 4x to make 100m units.

Acording to here and a few other sources, the BF3 sales would be 11 million.  I saw a video suggesting that MW3 would sell over 15 Million.

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #37 of 60
As a long time BF player. BF3 is gonna be the most played MP game of 2011 and 2012 fact... I have no doubts about that.. My clan just ordered a 64 man server for it..Let the insanity begin. 

While I like playing Black ops and the other COD games. It only wish it had the deep MP game play of the BF franchise. If MW3 is going to be yet another run n gun laser tag game play.. People will loose interest quickly.. BF3.. JET fighters/ Tanks 64 man servers FTW.. There is not going to be any real competition really.

Sep 20, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #38 of 60

Quote:
Always loved battlefield. Was addicted since 1942 and bought every game since. I will admit, I've played BC2 the most out of any of them.
Played my fair share of CoD games though mainly at friends houses. I only play those when I'm *really* bored, and have no other shooters.
But once BF3 is out, I'm in trouble. That game is going to ruin my life -- at least for a few good months. Now, what headphone to get for it...

The Samson SR850..Unreal precision in game.  My 721 Ace pins and 3,200 Dog tags say so.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #39 of 60
MW3 looks like a $60 DLC pack

Sep 21, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #40 of 60
I will be buying both but am hoping that BF3 will become my new game. Been playing CS1.6 pretty hardcore for 7 years or so and with its ever dwindling community and the growing lack of interest in competitions (that I've been running) I don't have much interest to play other than for an occasional game with the few friends that have yet to leave.

BF3 is a whole new game for me, there's already a lot of announced competitions and a huge amount of prizemoney going round locally. Graphics and gameplay look pretty awesome so far but all the marketing hype could just be getting to me. BF3's PR is definitely better than MW3, at least with the general public of gamers.

I loved MW2 but it died off quite quickly and I wasn't happy with the changes made in Black Ops... Hopefully MW3 will be something similar to MW2 but with some improvements over BO's (The main one being quickscoping as I take that directly from 1.6 gameplay), in saying that, I can't see COD growing all that much with so much competition from other titles and the fact that the community is already split over several of it's previous versions. They bring out a game too often instead of making timeless classics such as with 1.6 not to mention MW3 will still be on the same engine that MW2 and BO's is on...

(I voted for BF3)

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #41 of 60
Oct 26, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #42 of 60
Just wanted to do a quick update to revive this thread.

I received Battlefield 3 today and I got a chance to play it for about 30 minutes.

Just a quick impression, the maps are pretty big, it gives you plenty of space to run around. There is alot of obstacles and brush, if you want to just crouch or lay down for safety.

The gun that you start out with has alot of recoil and I am not able to run and gun, I need to be stationary to hit any targets. I guess it is more realistic than Modern Warfare.
It is a fun game to play and I have to wait until tomorrow to put some more time in.

I think each game has it's advantages, Battlefield 3 seems to be modeled for more realism. Just the recoil and how your sight on your gun moves around when you are running. So it is hard to hit anything running. I find myself spaying bullets wildly and not hitting anything. But it is definitely a different tactic involved in playing. You need to be more stationary and try to control your gun better. It just maybe that I need to get used to the sensitivity of the controller.

Also because the map is so big, it does feel like you are on a battlefield, many people running around and there is a chaos to where your team mates are and the opposite side are.

On the other hand, with the older version on Modern Warfare, you definitely get a better sense on shooting people close and far away. Also, the game it is more focused on just shooting and running around. It's easier to just shoot people with more precision. I think that is also fun too.

Not sure yet, which is funner, realism or just running around and shooting people.

Oct 26, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #43 of 60
Seriously? This is like asking, "Who should i go see Steel Panther or Iron Maiden?"

Sales numbers? Give me a break, who cares? Call me in 5 years and tell me who sold more and which one is still played actively.

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #44 of 60
I never heard of Steel Panther before.

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #45 of 60
So far I am really enjoying BF3.

Getting my arse kicked everywhere but it's fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back