Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3?
Oct 26, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #47 of 60
BF 3 hands down. The Battlefield series has out done COD at every turn throughout their lifetimes (IMO). There's also a much more dedicated community for Battlefield than COD so it will have a longer life. Heck, BF 2 is still going strong because of the community. 

The COD series has just been completely down hill since 4 (and 2 is still my favorite) and I no longer feel it's worth my time or money...

Also, are we seriously talking about Steel Panther? Count me in, those guys are hilarious.

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #49 of 60
I will just get both
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #51 of 60
I have been playing the game for about 5 hours now.

Initially, I didn't really know if I like the game because it was hard to hit anything and the randomness of dying was getting annoying.

Well, after putting in a few hours and getting some upgrades to my primary weapon. I also figure out how to use the RPG and they C4 explosives.

I realize it is significantly a different game than COD.

BF3 is really fun, I have only played the multi-player game. I particularly like the squad based team matches.

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #52 of 60
BF3 is fun.  But I still like COD.  MW3 hopefully is fun.  

If anyone wants to add me to play message me and I can give you my gammer tag to play.  =)  I got to warn you though.  I don't use a mic.  I use my He-4.  I need to find a clip on mic that I can use with the 360.  Any recommendations?  

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #57 of 60
I like Halo Reach and MW2 better than BF3, I'll be going online when I finish my MW3 campaign. I want my FPS to be about shooting, not spending 1 whole minute getting in the right position just so a tank can blow up my cover and use a machine gun to cut me down. BF3 has been disappointing for me so far. Also, I had a game where a high level player dominated by hiding in their spawn and killed all my team mates with a mortar. It took me 5 minutes just find the guy and I only got to shoot at him once. In the MW series everything is a lot more balanced, at least you can kill the AC130 with two shots from a stinger.  

So, IMO, BF3 is about as good as Black Ops, is BF3 a black sheep in the BF series or is the BF style just not for me ? 

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #59 of 60
BF 3 does seem like a black sheep in some ways. Most of the thing you're describing didn't work in previous Battlefield games. I really blame the 'Bad Company' games for doing this. 

Battlefield 2 is far and away my favorite shooter of all time (Well, not counting TF 2, but it really shouldn't count). Back when PC gamers didn't have to deal with console ports. Sure there were some dolphin divers, but they were easily dealt with. That was about it. 

I hated Bad Company 1, and played a little bit of Bad Company 2, but when I could run around with the Saiga (shotgun) + Slugs and kill snipers...I was done.

Then again...the things you're describing about getting into position and what not might just mean it's not for you as well. Realism is not for everyone. Another favorite FPS of mine is Red Orchestra...and it can only be described as hyper realistic. 

COD is just a more run and gun style that many people like nowadays. I can play it for awhile...but it just gets old for me. Deaths are significantly higher (for most players) than they ever are in a BF game. I just think there's more strategy involved in Battlefield than there is in COD. 

I mean...when a tank blows you up...you're not going to survive. lol

Quote:
I like Halo Reach and MW2 better than BF3, I'll be going online when I finish my MW3 campaign. I want my FPS to be about shooting, not spending 1 whole minute getting in the right position just so a tank can blow up my cover and use a machine gun to cut me down. BF3 has been disappointing for me so far. Also, I had a game where a high level player dominated by hiding in their spawn and killed all my team mates with a mortar. It took me 5 minutes just find the guy and I only got to shoot at him once. In the MW series everything is a lot more balanced, at least you can kill the AC130 with two shots from a stinger.  

So, IMO, BF3 is about as good as Black Ops, is BF3 a black sheep in the BF series or is the BF style just not for me ? 

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #60 of 60
BTW, I only play these games on the PS3 and have only tried the multi-player.

I received Battlefield 3, 2 weeks ago. I have been playing it almost every night until today, when I received Modern Warfare 3.

My initial impression of MW3 is that the graphics are terrible compared to BF3. The graphics on MW3 looks like I just stepped back 10 years. 

The game just does not look very polished, I am even going to say that I prefer Black Ops better then this newer version of MW3.

The game play is consistent with what I am used to on Black Ops, basically running and gunning. Quick game play and fast draw aiming and shooting.

But on this game, it just doesn't have the same environmental sound as Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 is frustrating at times because of the recoil on your rifle.

But it makes the game play and shooting mechanics free real, the MW3 version with virtually no recoil, feel very fake and what you would expect from
a cheaply made video game.

I am going to give MW3 some more time and will try the single player mode, but right now, I am thinking that Battlefield 3 beats the crap out of MW3.

Seriously, if you are a Call of Duty fan, you owe it to yourself to try Battlefield 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back