Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Apr 28, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #2,881 of 2,966
Man, I’m jealous. And not just because your HP looks so good either.

Here I am sending emails to ModHouse 3-4 times already without any response for the last few months. All I wanted to know is the estimated lead time. I wasn’t even angry about the wait.

But you got direct contact to the producer and got your headphone modded to your liking… in some way I feel cheated. Sigh… this lack of communication from MH is frustrating.
Launching emails into the digital void can be frustrating ...
Did you order through Modhouse directly, or through Mimic Audio?
Having your order number prominently in the subject line is probably the most direct way to get their attention, especially if you're looking to change/modify anything.

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #2,882 of 2,966
Launching emails into the digital void can be frustrating ...
Did you order through Modhouse directly, or through Mimic Audio?
Having your order number prominently in the subject line is probably the most direct way to get their attention, especially if you're looking to change/modify anything.
I did it through Mimic Audio. But it doesn’t matter what order number it was since there was never a reply. The lack of communication is the big issue. If there is any future mod I wanted out of my cans or problem with the product, how would I go about getting any help?

This is almost like cliques people form in high school. They don’t talk to people who isn’t part of the group.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #2,883 of 2,966
I did it through Mimic Audio. But it doesn’t matter what order number it was since there was never a reply. The lack of communication is the big issue. If there is any future mod I wanted out of my cans or problem with the product, how would I go about getting any help?

This is almost like cliques people form in high school. They don’t talk to people who isn’t part of the group.
There is a small barrier to entry through popular YouTube reviewers to join their Telegram or Discord server through a membership subscription. Some reviewers have free access to their chats so this barrier is pretty thin.
Their is a clique of sorts but its organic and not exclusionary. It starts out as someone interested in a reviewer and other people in the community eventually join.

I like DMS’s reviews and at the time his Abyss videos so I thought I would join his telegram to get insights into Abyss’s products. But through his channel I got to chat with GoldenSound, Mimic, Zeos, ConvinceMeAudio, Joshua Valour and a few others, especially Ryan. They all have given me their advice personally and their thoughts publicly without asking to join their premium chat or what have you.

Even though I was among the first set of buyers of the Tungsten, I too was impatient given a lead time of two months. I did ask Ryan about twice about his queue and he was always honest about where he’s at. my tungsten arrived about 2-3 weeks earlier than expected. Now it’s unfortunate that Ryan took on a big order in November, maybe there was a supplier shortage or some other incident that lead to a severe miscalculation of building the orders but he’s been diligently working on shipping his orders.

I know it sucks waiting especially for something delayed with little communication, but based on feedback from other Tungsten owners, the wait is worth it. There is generally high satisfaction of what the Tungsten delivers; and personally I think it’s a fun version of the Susvara without spending 20k on an amplifier. But such amplifiers also make the Tungsten sound even more amazing. And it’s a Modhouse product, so it’s easy to swap parts out to tune the sound for your preference. So there’s that aspect as well.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #2,884 of 2,966
Man, I’m jealous. And not just because your HP looks so good either.

Here I am sending emails to ModHouse 3-4 times already without any response for the last few months. All I wanted to know is the estimated lead time. I wasn’t even angry about the wait.

But you got direct contact to the producer and got your headphone modded to your liking… in some way I feel cheated. Sigh… this lack of communication from MH is frustrating.

The Tung Talk chat was dropped to either Golden's or CMA's Telegram chat back in July. That's when I joined. It's a free to join, free not to be a rebel rouser chat. Ryan is in this chat(Alias: Tung Talk), but is not the owner of the chat. I did ask the owner of the chat group if it was okay to post this here. So join, if you wish, just check the baggage at the door if you want to regular consume or participate in the discussion. Hopefully the chat history is preserved so you can go back see prior discussion. https://t.me/+sni8V_lioqM4ZGU1.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #2,885 of 2,966

Have you tried emailing Mimic Audio?
An order number in the subject line generally garners more attention than strings of random words when glancing at pages of full inbox inquiries.
Regardless, hope you're able to get a response soon!
:beerchug:

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #2,886 of 2,966
This waiting is ridiculous. I ordered early November from Mimic and still nothing. It's gonna be May in a few days. These headphones can't be worth a 7 month wait. :deadhorse:

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #2,887 of 2,966
I just contacted Mimic. I'm still next in line, but they said he hasn't given them any orders in months and there is no eta on when he will give them new orders. This is fukcing ridiculous :deadhorse:

I'll give him 2 more weeks and then I'm cancelling and getting my money back. This isn't like the Stax X9K or something like that, that had a year wait. This is some likely mid-fi sh!t. Ridiculous :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #2,888 of 2,966
I just contacted Mimic. I'm still next in line, but they said he hasn't given them any orders in months and there is no eta on when he will give them new orders. This is fukcing ridiculous :deadhorse:

I'll give him 2 more weeks and then I'm cancelling and getting my money back. This isn't like the Stax X9K or something like that, that had a year wait. This is some likely mid-fi sh!t. Ridiculous :deadhorse:
Well, for a while it has been pretty obvious that ETA is 'at some point in the future'. Maybe 4 months, maybe 7. Stop torturing yourself and either accept reality or just cancel your order. :wink:

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #2,889 of 2,966
Well, for a while it has been pretty obvious that ETA is 'at some point in the future'. Maybe 4 months, maybe 7. Stop torturing yourself and either accept reality or just cancel your order. :wink:
Most legit companies give an ETA. No ETA is very strange. The fact that he hasn't given Mimic anything in months is also strange. Has he forgotten about Mimic? If so, he should stop selling through them. I'm a little confused by all of this. I know he is a one man show, but still...

I'm not really torturing myself, I'm just very confused by his customer service model. This really isn't normal.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #2,890 of 2,966
Most legit companies give an ETA. No ETA is very strange. The fact that he hasn't given Mimic anything in months is also strange. Has he forgotten about Mimic? If so, he should stop selling through them. I'm a little confused by all of this. I know he is a one man show, but still...

I'm not really torturing myself, I'm just very confused by his customer service model. This really isn't normal.
There is no 'company' and no 'customer service model' as yet. Ryan clearly received a lot more orders than what he can handle alone in his shed thanks to the extreme hype by some reviewers. I am sure, he regrets some steps on the way, but I am also sure he is a good guy and honest person. He is just in enormous delay.

Apr 28, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #2,891 of 2,966
There is no 'company' and no 'customer service model' as yet. Ryan clearly received a lot more orders than what he can handle alone in his shed thanks to the extreme hype by some reviewers. I am sure, he regrets some steps on the way, but I am also sure he is a good guy and honest person. He is just in enormous delay.
There's an "entity" (modhouseaudio.com) with a web site offering various audio products for sale. On said site, there is a FAQ stating policies surrounding shipping, warranties, returns, etc. The FAQ uses the pronoun "we". This seems to me to represent a company with a customer service model. YMMV, of course.

All that said, I agree with your assertion that if someone is expending a lot of psychic energy over the ETA of their order, it's probably best to cut bait at this point and either wait for the cans to become readily available, or purchase something else.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #2,892 of 2,966
There's an "entity" (modhouseaudio.com) with a web site offering various audio products for sale. On said site, there is a FAQ stating policies surrounding shipping, warranties, returns, etc. The FAQ uses the pronoun "we". This seems to me to represent a company with a customer service model. YMMV, of course.

All that said, I agree with your assertion that if someone is expending a lot of psychic energy over the ETA of their order, it's probably best to cut bait at this point and either wait for the cans to become readily available, or purchase something else.
On paper the company exists. What I meant is ModHouse is not a company in the sense one would expect from Focal or Audeze or even ZMF. It is a tiny, tiny operation overflooded with orders.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #2,893 of 2,966
On paper the company exists. What I meant is ModHouse is not a company in the sense one would expect from Focal or Audeze or even ZMF. It is a tiny, tiny operation overflooded with orders.
OK, but there are lots of examples of tiny companies being more responsive with communication and customer service than are larger ones. Raal Requisite/1995 comes to mind as an obvious example. Anyhoo, I'll bow out as the Tungsten order backlog doesn't affect me personally.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #2,894 of 2,966
OK, but there are lots of examples of tiny companies being more responsive with communication and customer service than are larger ones. Raal Requisite/1995 comes to mind as an obvious example. Anyhoo, I'll bow out as the Tungsten order backlog doesn't affect me personally.
Fair point with Raal and I am also not affected personally, so let's leave it at that.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #2,895 of 2,966
We need a ridiicluous value, awesome headphone to drop from the big guys if we ever hope to clear this logjam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back