Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #1,246 of 2,991
just curious as I haven't seen anyone report that they actually have had a Tungsten delivered... has anyone got their order in the last few weeks... just trying to see how true the 12 week wait is... anyone ???

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #1,247 of 2,991
just curious as I haven't seen anyone report that they actually have had a Tungsten delivered... has anyone got their order in the last few weeks... just trying to see how true the 12 week wait is... anyone ???
Great question. It would be great if @Tulon (Ryan) himself were available to address such questions directly. I'm thinking his input might help to inspire more confidence, and I hope that is not a stretch.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #1,248 of 2,991
I'm assuming he's making entire weeks batches at a time before shipping. The 12 week lead time was as of 11/3/2023, I'm assuming it has only increased with the holidays and amount of attention this headphone has gotten recently.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #1,250 of 2,991
Seems like the Kara is becoming increasingly popular with those who use it with speaker amps like SGP1 and AHB2 to drive their Tungstens.

The headphone output by itself though evidently can't drive this headphone very well.
Figured it had to be useful for this Epic Quest.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #1,251 of 2,991
FYI - I just heard back from Mimic Audio about my order. Their lead time is 14-16 weeks.
I would say, that is not even too bad for a one-man operation and global demand.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #1,252 of 2,991
FYI - I just heard back from Mimic Audio about my order. Their lead time is 14-16 weeks.
Wonder how many they have on order. So Zeos dropped a review on the Phonitor 2 (won't power the Tungsten FYI) and mentioned Ryan is making about 5 Tungsten per week if I heard correctly. From what he said he only opens for about that many each time which is probably why it sold out in 2-3 min.

It's crazy and endearing that these are created (sans driver and cable) by one guy. Super excited for my Mimic Edition.

Edit: Maybe the Phonitor 2 will power? TBD :upside_down:

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #1,253 of 2,991
Wonder how many they have on order. So Zeos dropped a review on the Phonitor 2 (won't power the Tungsten FYI) and mentioned Ryan is making about 5 Tungsten per week if I heard correctly. From what he said he only opens for about that many each time which is probably why it sold out in 2-3 min.

It's crazy and endearing that these are created (sans driver and cable) by one guy. Super excited for my Mimic Edition.
A note on Zeos's review of the Phonitor 2 and Tungsten. He did try the Tungsten when his master volume output was not set to max. He had been fidgeting with the remote setting with the Phonitor 2 using the same remote which was already mapped to his Fubar settings. He realized after that was why it wasnt loud enough, but didnt try the Tungsten with it after readjusting.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #1,254 of 2,991
A note on Zeos's review of the Phonitor 2 and Tungsten. He did try the Tungsten when his master volume output was not set to max. He had been fidgeting with the remote setting with the Phonitor 2 using the same remote which was already mapped to his Fubar settings. He realized after that was why it wasnt loud enough, but didnt try the Tungsten with it after readjusting.
Also he didn't swap the DIP switches on the bottom of the unit. If it was on default position that might explains his conclusion even more so.

Well, i guess Zeos is doing Zeos things.

Personally i'd be surprised if the SPL stuff couldn't drive it, at least, at decent level. What i'm more curious about is how does it synergize with Tungsten's signature, as their amps are very transparent IIRC.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #1,255 of 2,991
Also pretty sure Zeos's Tungsten isn't the latest/final version, which is more sensitive than the version prior.

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #1,257 of 2,991
Great question. It would be great if @Tulon (Ryan) himself were available to address such questions directly. I'm thinking his input might help to inspire more confidence, and I hope that is not a stretch.
NO! let that man work LMAO.

Jan 15, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #1,258 of 2,991
I have complicated feelings about this. Mod House needs to hire more people so more people can enjoy their cans but at the same time I want the founder to make MY set of cans. For those hand made by Ryan, could he autograph it?

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #1,259 of 2,991
NO! let that man work LMAO.
I see your point, but it's no zero sum game though. I just think it wouldn't hurt if he were to pop in every now and then to answer a few questions or give a useful update about the work in progress, when he is taking a break. Surely he does take breaks, or doesn't he? After all, he has visited this forum a few times in the past, so the concept is not new. I wouldn't suggest that he spend the time set aside for work on the forum... Yet knowing that he is accumulating a significant number of pre-orders every week, wouldn't it be great if he could spend a few minutes of that "break time" each week providing an update on the progress of his work? Personally I see no harm in that.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #1,260 of 2,991
I was largely kidding. Not being able to inquire on your order definitely makes the experience harder. But, I also understand his plight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back