Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Aug 19, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #361 of 389
I'd be very interested to know how does the Mo-Fi compare to Sennheiser Momentum in terms of instrument separation, detail and overall sound quality.
confused.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 7:17 PM Post #364 of 389
Correct - I'm referring to the over-ear Momentum 2.
It is supposed to be pretty a sensitive and easy to drive headphone so I will be using them directly with my Sony A15.
As for the genre of music, I'm mostly listening to Hard Rock and electronic music. 
regular_smile .gif

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #365 of 389

Well I am now part of the Blue Mo-Fi family and proud of it. Just bought them, so impressions will soon follow with more detail, but so far I have more good than bad things to say. :)
Most of all the build quality of these headphones is that of a panzer tank! Ridiculously great quality. The best I've ever seen and felt on my head. People have spoken about the weight being an issue, but I have absolutely no problem with it; in fact, I love it. :wink:
....more impressions to follow shortly....

Happy listening. :)

Sep 2, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #366 of 389
How does this headphone sound with a cellphone like Note 4?

Can it really make similar sound like DAC + normal headphone combo?

How would you compare this to HD700, SRH1840, HD800?

Would you use this for professional mixing?

Can this and cellphone beat Sony PHA-3 and HD700 balanced combo?

Some good questions, but pretty much the answer to all your questions in my opinion is 'no.' The amp alone paired with a mobile device is not a DAC! However, the amp itself uses analog circuitry which can take away just a little bit of that digital edge in your music file recordings regarded that it's a lossless codec, otherwise your ears will fatigue quickly if you are like me where by you are used to having a substantial DAC that recreates vinyl like quality sound. By no means can the AMP act like a DAC for your recordings. I wish. I wish it was that simple and you could get rid of a piece of hardware like a DAC/amp from your travel rig to make things lighter and more accessible, but the answer is 'no' in my findings. However, this does not mean the amp is totally useless or anything; in fact, it is quite useful given the right settings/circumstances. The Amp in the Mo-Fi's can be paired nicely with the amp in your DAC! Yes. There are no cross feed or double amping issues at all cause remember the amp acts as a separate power supply that doesn't tact on to other volume sources in a dependent manner. You know what it is the equivalent to? It reminds me by how one would bi-amp loud speakers where by each source has their own amplification. In this case the the headphone as well as your device get their own amp yet can be married together with no problems or hiccups. I absolutely recommend you get a quality portable amp/DAC and experiment with the headphone's amp together as one.
It's awesome and highly needed! Otherwise your ears are gonna hurt cause your music is still in digital. :frowning2:

Sep 2, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #367 of 389

I also wish 'she' came with the headphones but I guess that would be asking too much. Lol.
Anyhow. I am seriously having fun with the MO-FI's. They will be my travel/street CAN for many years to come. Build quality is unbelievable and the sound quality paired with a decent DAC is beautiful and quite spacious. These are the most surprising headphones and are worth 400+ dollars.
Paired with a good DAC they sound like a 600$ pair of headphones. No joke. They are solid and inviting with Raw power!

Oct 15, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #372 of 389
Beginning of TV Show Empire the young man was singing in the studio and he had MOFI BLUE HEADPHONES ON!!!

Great to hear cause the Mofi's are a pretty special and unique headphone. I love the built in amp and when you pair the Mofi's with a very good quality portable DAP or amp/player it's incredible. Giving the built in amp a good clean power source will make these headphones very immersive with a wide range of sound for a quality on the go listening experience.

These headphones will be with me for many years to come. :)

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #373 of 389
I listened to these plugged straight into my Sony A15 with their internal amp activated and they sounded superb. However, I hesitate to buy them because since the internal amp has an integrated rechargeable battery and like any other battery it will obviously deteriorate with time, which means that in about 5 years or so it will need to be replaced, but I'm not sure if that would be possible.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #374 of 389

Users who are viewing this thread

Back