Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Jul 1, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #347 of 389
That's a tough question to answer as it's very subjective.  The Mo-Fi are different from any other headphone so it very well may be worth buying if you like to switch things up from time to time. Buy em and try em. There are some online sites with longer return policies.

Jul 2, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #348 of 389
Thanks I ended up ordering these over the psb's I'm super stoked for them to show up all I have ready and heard are good to amazing reviews, I do believe I am more excited about these than any other headphones I've ever ordered

Jul 7, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #350 of 389
Any opinions on these for travel? I know they are large and heavy but they seemed to fit me well at Best Buy and didn't seem heavy on my head. I am travelling to Seattle from North Carolina next week and then to Italy a little later and want a good set of over ears. These seem to simplify everything by having the amp built in and they sounded good to me. I have some Dunu DN-1000 but they get uncomfortable for me fairly quickly, they sound great but just can't wear them for too long. Anyway, any opinions on these would be great as there aren't too many actual user experiences in this thread.

Jul 7, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #351 of 389
It's hard to say as many of the people I have worked with have mixed results on the comfort, excluding weight.  Some can wear it all day and love it. I believe if you have a smaller head you will feel the same.  As for noise isolation they have really good passive noise isolation.  For travel headphones they sound amazing.....IMHO.

Jul 7, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #352 of 389
  It's hard to say as many of the people I have worked with have mixed results on the comfort, excluding weight.  Some can wear it all day and love it. I believe if you have a smaller head you will feel the same.  As for noise isolation they have really good passive noise isolation.  For travel headphones they sound amazing.....IMHO.

I actually just ordered them from you guys, maybe you can rush them to me 
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #356 of 389
That is one thing I have found the clamping and weight in the head band is eased quite easily with minor adjustments and the sound is identical to a fine tuned car stereo, I am also a car audio enthusiest and bass head ha. But with the on plus on I do believe any bass head with his own personal adjustments in the eq section done would be quite happy with these. And with that being said I love them and haven't been able to go anywhere without them. I'll have a true test this weekend, I will be on a road trip to Oregon and will leave some notes one comfort and sound after a 10 hour listening session on the road.

Jul 20, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #357 of 389
That is one thing I have found the clamping and weight in the head band is eased quite easily with minor adjustments and the sound is identical to a fine tuned car stereo, I am also a car audio enthusiest and bass head ha. But with the on plus on I do believe any bass head with his own personal adjustments in the eq section done would be quite happy with these. And with that being said I love them and haven't been able to go anywhere without them. I'll have a true test this weekend, I will be on a road trip to Oregon and will leave some notes one comfort and sound after a 10 hour listening session on the road.

I'm a car enthusiast as well; been in that industry for over 15 years.  I'b be curious to know if they are comfortable after so many hours. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #358 of 389
How does this headphone sound with a cellphone like Note 4?

Can it really make similar sound like DAC + normal headphone combo?

How would you compare this to HD700, SRH1840, HD800?

Would you use this for professional mixing?

Can this and cellphone beat Sony PHA-3 and HD700 balanced combo?

Aug 13, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #359 of 389

They will sound great with any cellphone including the Note 4. I personally would just turn off all eq settings on the phone. I won't sound like a high end amp + dac setup but it still sounds amazing for fun listening.  Plus you don't have to have any extras attached to the phone.  It doesn't compare to the HD700 or HD800 for sound quality or detail. I haven't heard the srh1840 yet so I can't say there.  I would love to tell you that it would be great for professional mixing but I haven't done any of that and don't want to bs you. The setup you mention is for analytical listening and no it can't beat that.  If you just want to enjoy post mix/mastered music for the fun and energy of the music then it will beat that combo hands down. I really recommend for hiphop, electronic, rock, some country and music with similar energy characteristics. Think of it like this, pha3 + hd700 = a glass of wine, some cheese, and a Nora Jones or Chris Botti album. The MoFi = red bull, bag of skittles, and Metallica or Skrillex album. IMHO. I'm not sure your musical taste but I hope that helps. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #360 of 389

Sounds great...it really doesn't matter what you play the Mo-Fi from as it has an internal amplifier already. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back