Yankees Clinch AL east,Yeah Baby
biggrin.gif

Ditto ... baby
eggosmile.gif

Andy

Oct 1, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #17 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by shesmylovernow
Although the Eastern Sports Propaganda Network would tell you otherwise, I think the White Sox have a great shot to go far this postseason. Great starting pitching + great bullpen + great defense + tendency to win close games = postseason success far more often than not. The Yankees and Red Sox don't worry me nearly as much as the Angels do for this reason.

Posednik and Konerko are rock solid

but the Yanks and Sox have got the big guns on offense and that should ALWAYS worry you.

plus, those teams win and win big. I'm all for the ChiSox going far, but the Angels would be the least of my concerns.

Oct 1, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #20 of 167
They clinched the division title because they are leading the season series 10-8 over the Sox. Therefore evn if the Yanks lose tomorrow, they would still win the tiebreaker which compares versus record for the season.

Oct 1, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #21 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
uh, isn't there one more game?

Yes there is boston needs to win & cleveland needs to lose for Boston to get the Wilcard slot.If both Boston & cleveland lose they will have a game against
each other on Monday to decide for the wildcard slot..
The Yankees are the now the AL east champs no matter what.

Oct 1, 2005 at 9:03 PM Post #23 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
They clinched the division title because they are leading the season series 10-8 over the Sox. Therefore evn if the Yanks lose tomorrow, they would still win the tiebreaker which compares versus record for the season.

Oh, that's confusing and stupid...
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #24 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
Yankees are up one with one left to play...
confused.gif

Doesn't matter Yanks already have won the AL East even if Boston beats them tommorow due to the fact the Yankees beat Boston more times during the year even though they would have the same amount of wins.

Oct 1, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #25 of 167
It's helped by the fact trhat the White Sox beat Clevland, as well

Oct 1, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #26 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Yes there is boston needs to win & cleveland needs to lose for Boston to get the Wilcard slot.If both Boston & cleveland lose they will have a game against
each other on Monday to decide for the wildcard slot..
The Yankees are the now the AL east champs no matter what.

Actually, I think Cleveland must win tomorrow to force a playoff game. If they lose, Boston is in no matter what.

Oct 2, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #28 of 167
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng

but the Angels would be the least of my concerns.

I would disagree with that...as a Yankee fan, they scare me the most as they have had the yankees number in the past few years...like the 2002 playoffs. Very good pitching, good offense, and a great bullpen.

Oct 2, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #29 of 167
My Giants are out and I've lost alot of interest. Go Boston, or something...
CPW

Oct 2, 2005 at 8:24 AM Post #30 of 167
As long as Cleveland makes the playoffs I'll be happy.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem likely.
frown.gif

I think the Atlanta Braves and Yankees are going to take their respective leagues with relative ease. Hudson/Smoltz and Johnson/Mussina will be too much, especially with the kind of run support they will receive.

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back