Miu-Audio is giving out MR2-PRO earphone for free
Apr 11, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #80 of 98
lol it was first 20 now we're at 80.

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #82 of 98
Thanks for joining the compaign.  The MR2 PRO give away has ended and hope all winners enjoy it.  Since it takes around 2 -3 weeks for the delivery, please be patient.  But if you can't receive it after 4 weeks, please email me.

Apr 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #87 of 98

Quote:
oops, my post was supposed to say - looks like someone already started an impressions thread here

well.. i hate to rush into things, but to answer your impressions question briefly - not so good :-\   when i have more time ill post more on the "impressions thread"

I'll be watching for your impression in the other thread.. I hope the sound improves with some burn in..

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #88 of 98
I thought its a BA IEM by the looks.

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #89 of 98

[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]
Definitely agreed on the packaging.

Enjoying my pair with the Shure E2 Black Sleeve with the 4mm exit bore ATM Earsonics SM3 eartip ATM, gives the best balance of isolation, comfort and sound for me.

I must say, I'm impressed (but then again, I'm easily impressed)

Its small, disappears in your ears easily, synergizes with the Fuze very nicely, and its wonderfully balanced (slightly forward sounding mids, similar in level to the SRH840 somewhat). On the contrary to what Nagasaki said, I don't think they're muddy at all. While the bass are the focus of the MR2, I don't think the treble takes as much as a backseat as the SE215 (with Shure Olives).

It reminds me of the PL50, but its not as forward sounding nor is it as aggressive. To say the least, its a very polite sounding earphone with quite a spacious sound.Technical parallels can be drawn with the Brainwavs M1 at the moment, but I'll reserve more comparisons and whatnot post a break-in period. So far though, I believe that the PL50 should be more technically capable than the MR2 Pro.

The MR2 Pro sound very well balanced to me, and while the bass is the primary focus of the earphone (has quite a bit of rumble presence on it), the other frequencies don't sound lacking. The mids, while forward, are rather dry, and the treble doesn't sound offensive in any way, making listening to the earphones easy =)

Faults with the earphone so far would lie in its driver flex, and while its soundstage has decent depth, its width is pretty average, I haven't tested for height yet with my games however. Instrumental separation is decent, but could be better overall. It'd also be nice if the earphone came with a neck slider, lotsa spare space between the chin and the Y-splitter there =O

One thing I do wish for though, is for the lower bass levels of the earphone to be slightly quieter so as to give the earphone better 'black values' (contrast). <- Fixed with the SM3 Eartips, not so much of a rumble now compared to plain presence, trebles got slightly tamed though, mids stand out better, and aren't as dry.

Just gotta say that while its not as technically capable as the Klipsch Custom 3, I enjoy the MR2 thus far better than the KC3 due to its more engaging sound sig and ease of use =)

From a frequency sweep, they seem to be accented a little at the 8-10kHz mark, and rolls of gently from the 12kHz mark all the way till the 17kHz mark. 18kHz is audible with highly increased volume levels, but the 19 and 20kHz levels are pretty much black (my hearing is still effective up to 19kHz)

More to come after breaking the earphone in =)

PS: One severe caveat of the earphone seems to be its driver flex. Lotsa crackling =O
[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #90 of 98

[size=medium]

[size=medium]

[size=medium]

[size=medium]
Definitely agreed on the packaging.

Enjoying my pair with a Shure E2 Black Sleeve with the 4mm exit bore ATM, gives the best alance of isolation, comfort and sound for me (equavalent to the L sized tips)

I must say, I'm impressed (but then again, I'm easily impressed)

Its small, disappears in your ears easily, synergizes with the Fuze very nicely, and its wonderfully balanced (slightly forward sounding mids, similar in level to the SRH840 somewhat). On the contrary to what Nagasaki said, I don't think they're muddy at all. While the bass are the focus of the MR2, I don't think the treble takes as much as a backseat as the SE215 (with Shure Olives).

It reminds me of the PL50, but its not as forward sounding nor is it as aggressive. To say the least, its a very polite sounding earphone with quite a spacious sound. Similarities between technical performance levels can be drawn with the Brainwavs M1 at the moment, but I'll reserve more comparisons and whatnot post a break-in period. So far though, I believe that the PL50 should be more technically capable than the MR2 Pro.

The MR2 Pro sound very well balanced to me, and while the bass is the primary focus of the earphone (has quite a bit of rumble presence on it), the other frequencies don't sound lacking. The mids, while forward, are rather dry, and the treble doesn't sound offensive in any way, making listening to the earphones easy =)

One thing I do wish for though, is for the lower bass levels of the earphone to be slightly quieter so as to give the earphone better 'black values' (contrast).

Just gotta say that while its not as technically capable as the Klipsch Custom 3, I enjoy the MR2 thus far better than the KC3 due to its more engaging sound sig and ease of use =)

From a frequency sweep, they seem to be accented a little at the 8-10kHz mark, and rolls of gently from the 12kHz mark all the way till the 17kHz mark.

More to come after breaking the earphone in =)

PS: One weakness of the earphone seems to be driver flex.
[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back