Mississauga/North Toronto meet
Jul 17, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #136 of 180
change me to attending... I'll let you know if anything changes but I let the authorities that be know I wouldn't be at work on the 26th, and I'm planning to show up this Saturday so I have a half day the 25th. Still waiting to hear back from Jim if he can make it or not. someone from a different forum might be able to make the meet as well... I'll try to get a definite answer from him. and as long as I go I'm sure my wife will attend by my side
biggrin.gif
She thinks we're all crazy, but she's got a good ear too so she enjoys the music... I don't understand someone who has a great ear and an appreciation for music just doesn't 'catch the bug' as well but at least she has an appreciation for what I spend our money on!

edit: Fierce won't be able to attend
frown.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #137 of 180
I knew you'd figure out a way to make it. Too bad Jim won't be able to make it.

I seem to have a few too many sources at the moment. If anyone is interested in something, let me know. The 840C is not for sale.

Renato

Jul 17, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #138 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
change me to attending... I'll let you know if anything changes but I let the authorities that be know I wouldn't be at work on the 26th, and I'm planning to show up this Saturday so I have a half day the 25th. Still waiting to hear back from Jim if he can make it or not. someone from a different forum might be able to make the meet as well... I'll try to get a definite answer from him. and as long as I go I'm sure my wife will attend by my side
biggrin.gif
She thinks we're all crazy, but she's got a good ear too so she enjoys the music... I don't understand someone who has a great ear and an appreciation for music just doesn't 'catch the bug' as well but at least she has an appreciation for what I spend our money on!

edit: Fierce won't be able to attend
frown.gif

Done. I think our meet card's all filled up, but given the level of interest, I'm open to a few more attendees - I doubt we're going to have some mad rush anyway...

Jul 17, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #139 of 180
BTW, I've got a pair of the JVC woodie earbuds (something something -FX500) coming in tomorrow so I'll try to make sure she's burned in for the meet. I'll have tips to spare for anyone interested.

Ren, it's too bad you only have CD player sources - I'm looking to upgrade my source, but I'm a DAC only kinda guy. If the Aikido stays with me for awhile, I might be persuaded to release the meet Caliente for a short trade...

I'm really thinking stax these days, oh man the bug has hit again!
mad.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #140 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should I add you to the list of attendees?
biggrin.gif

Ill be there Sept 25-29, have a wedding on the 26th though.

Jul 17, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #142 of 180
Tony - Send omendelovitz a PM, he's organizing this one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #143 of 180
Just a head's up everyone, I've got about 2 spots left that I can accomodate.

Jul 18, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #144 of 180
Alright, here's the deal.

As of right now I don't have any amps to bring. I do have my HD580's and a pair of SR225. I have commissioned a pair of Rosewood cups for the SR225 and I plan to recable them, but I'm not sure if they will be complete to bring. I also have ATH-A700 and some k271S.

For amps, I hope to have my Max built, but I'm not sure if that will happen, and even if it does it won't be burnt in (blackgates)

Sources: well I have my MH CD25, Oppo 980, and a PS1

If anyone has any requests or wants to try a cable let me know and I can try to accommodate.

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #145 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, here's the deal.

As of right now I don't have any amps to bring. I do have my HD580's and a pair of SR225. I have commissioned a pair of Rosewood cups for the SR225 and I plan to recable them, but I'm not sure if they will be complete to bring. I also have ATH-A700 and some k271S.

For amps, I hope to have my Max built, but I'm not sure if that will happen, and even if it does it won't be burnt in (blackgates)

Sources: well I have my MH CD25, Oppo 980, and a PS1

If anyone has any requests or wants to try a cable let me know and I can try to accommodate.

Don't worry, I've got all the hot glue and solder you could want...
wink.gif

I'd be interested in hearing the A700's, maybe Renato can save you the MH CD25 haul. What's an Oppo 980 and PS1? Bring those along if you pleeze
biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #146 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry, I've got all the hot glue and solder you could want...
wink.gif

I'd be interested in hearing the A700's, maybe Renato can save you the MH CD25 haul. What's an Oppo 980 and PS1? Bring those along if you pleeze
biggrin.gif

I can probably bring the Oppo and a PS1.

Does anyone live hear and could offer a ride to a 'baby' head-fier?
He lives in "Cambridge Ontario, its in the tri-cities area (Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph)"

Jul 19, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #148 of 180
Sorry here guys, got a production shoot that weekend. As they say; business before pleasure. I'd still love to get a shot at the KICAS. I want to read detailed impressions people!
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #149 of 180
Hey guys, I'm the 'baby' headfi-er that soloz is talking about, I'm looking to commission him in the building of a tube amp for me, but since it'll be my first tube amp, he says i should come get a sound of the flavors, at this meet, and since its so close, I don't see why not, so if anyone can help me get there and back (within reason), I'd be grateful. Anyways I think I'll bring my AD700s and iPod :S. My Pint has a ground channel issue, that I'm still yet to resolve, if I get it fixed, I'll bring it along too. Just a question, anyone brining a pair of K1000s ( I always wanted to give them a listen...)

Jul 19, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #150 of 180
Might be able to help you get there, but getting back probably not, unless you want to hang around Toronto somewhere all Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back