Mississauga/North Toronto meet
Jul 10, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #106 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ren, you will be the guest of honour. PM me to confirm your spot!

PM sent.

Renato

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #107 of 180
just a heads up, I will provide space for up to 20 confirmeds and 5 maybes. Space may become tight and we may have to split floors to get everyone a spot, but we'll have one hell of a wing ding. I've definitely got enough outlets. Feel free to paypal me for donations to cover my electricity bill, LOL!!
biggrin.gif

On a second note: I have to make this meet a 9 to 7 meet - my son has to come home for bed by 7:30 (I think this info may be redundant). That doesn't mean that we can't pack our stuff away and head out for drinks and food! Peter and I will be designated drivers; if you think you'll want to party a bit, PLEASE take the bus or carpool with a DD. If I suspect anyone is too tipsy to drive, I'll take their keys away, take them home, send them by TTC or taxi and get their car an overnight parking permit in my visitor's overnight spots. Sorry, I have one spare bed near the baby's room and that's reserved for the wife if the baby has a bad night (which is more frequent than I like).

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #108 of 180
attendee list posted in 2nd OP

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #109 of 180
well, this is walking distance from my house almost ...and I would love to come with my STAX and Grado gear ...but I work Saturdays till 6:00. If you are there later, I would certainly come.

Jul 10, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #110 of 180
we'll be around, but you'll miss the music is all. unless, that is, you call in sick that day!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #111 of 180
Sign me up, my Stax may already be at Oriel's but if they're already home I probably won't bring them with Signature's on the list. I may have my computer with small mp3/flac collection and an 0404USB as a ASIO transport? Anyone think this is a good idea besides me? I also have SR80s and a D2, I suspect somebody may want to hear the D2 at least. Let me know.

Jul 10, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #113 of 180
If anyone is interested, I've been thinking about putting my Grado RS-1's up for sale and would let them go at the price I paid. Good way to avoid paying shipping and duty. They have been recabled with APureSound's V3 cable with a dual 3pin XLR termination and have a rich wood color with the buttons. They would come with a pair of bowls and a pair of flats. I'll bring them with me to Oriel's place for the meet.

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #114 of 180
I won't be able to make it, I'm afraid. I'll be in Montreal that weekend (planned months in advance). Hopefully not enough people can make it, and you'll reschedule
wink.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #115 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't be able to make it, I'm afraid. I'll be in Montreal that weekend (planned months in advance). Hopefully not enough people can make it, and you'll reschedule
wink.gif

So far, that doesn't look like it will be the case. I've got 7 confirmed, now that Jay's confirmed, and I'll hold the meet as long as we have at least 10-15 confirmeds. Sorry dude, but we'll catch you next meet.

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #117 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I _might_ be able to make it, but that weekend is up in the air for me.

noted. I'll put you in the maybe category.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #120 of 180
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just a heads up, I will provide space for up to 20 confirmeds and 5 maybes. Space may become tight and we may have to split floors to get everyone a spot, but we'll have one hell of a wing ding. I've definitely got enough outlets. Feel free to paypal me for donations to cover my electricity bill, LOL!!
biggrin.gif

[...]

Oriel, its just an idea... but how about designating one of the rooms (maybe the "dungeon"?) for people who want to listen to the equipment in silence (don't forget to post the warning: "$2 fine for each word spoken here!"
wink.gif
)? Would that be feasible or there will be not enough space?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back