Missing a DAC: PC > ??? > Gilmore Lite > AKG K601 / Fischer Audio FA003 / some Grados
Aug 25, 2011 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

JamesMcProgger

Headphoneus Supremus
Hallo, I think I might need a DAC. I've read and search around and I usually dont start threads asking about recommendations, there are already too many around, but the options are overwhelming, every company seems to have a few DACs out.

My desktop rig consist in my humble PC, USb to iBasso D3 (DAC + Amp) line out from the DAC section and into the Gilmore Lite (3.5mm to RCA).

The iBasso is my portable DAC+AMP.
I did notice quite a difference after trowing the iBasso in between the Glite and the PC, and I was wondering if I can do better. 

So, do I need a DAC, or am i good with the one I have? had never tried any other DAC before.
the budget is 200$, could go up to 250$ only if it really worth it. not sure if this applies for this price range but Crossfeed would be appreciated. as of now I'd be using it via USB but I might upgrade so others input are welcome.

tl;dr

do I need another DAC?
budget: up to 250$
want: crossfeed and coax or optical input besides RCA. and to get along with the Glite.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back