MiPro E-8P (IEM)
Jul 24, 2007 at 12:02 PM Post #17 of 25
Rapier84: are those your MiPro I tried at Jaben the other day? They don't look like much but they do sound pretty good, especially out of the Lavry DA10. The treble quality was quite apparent.

Jul 24, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #18 of 25
I work with one of MiPro's flagship products, a modular diversity wireless system on a regular basis, and after seeing the poor build quality and performance of one their large, expensive products, I wouldn't waste my money on something small and inexpensive from the same company.

Jul 24, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman8485 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rapier84: are those your MiPro I tried at Jaben the other day? They don't look like much but they do sound pretty good, especially out of the Lavry DA10. The treble quality was quite apparent.

Hi
icon10.gif

Yup, those are the ones you tried at Jaben the other day
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddiewalker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I work with one of MiPro's flagship products, a modular diversity wireless system on a regular basis, and after seeing the poor build quality and performance of one their large, expensive products, I wouldn't waste my money on something small and inexpensive from the same company.

I'd agree that the build quality left something to be desired. The E8Ps themselves are made of 2 plastic half shells and the wires are thin, unlike the durable twisted cable of Westone nor the thick cables of UE, so one do have to take some care; regular use should be fine though for stage use (especially if you run around or make costume changes a lot) durability is always a question mark.

Jul 24, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just had a peak at the russian guys little review. Its the same text that the ebay seller has on his listing. That seems pretty dodgy to me...

Nah, not dodgy, too much of a time lag to be shilling. It often happens that when someone wants to sell a pair of rare headphones but doesn't know what to say about them, they google the model number, and it leads them straight to head-fi. I've seen several cases of auctions giving head-fi reviews with quotation marks and attributions.

Jul 24, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #23 of 25
@ nuwidol & rapier: Read Alexandrov's post: "Other opinion which I have found about Mipro:...", then he goes on to repeat the listing.

Not dodgy, just poor construction/English. Would've have been nice if he credited his source tho.....

Jul 25, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ nuwidol & rapier: Read Alexandrov's post: "Other opinion which I have found about Mipro:...", then he goes on to repeat the listing.

Not dodgy, just poor construction/English. Would've have been nice if he credited his source tho.....

Read that bit, my bad
tongue.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #25 of 25
I just the mipros in today, and i must say they are smaller than what i expected to be, and for me thats a great thing!

Sound: More bass than the e2c's, and more detail. Sounds much warmer than the e2c's also.

Wires: The Mipros has this memory wire i just despise, and i havent had it for a even 2 hours yet and its really annoying to put these things on. But like rapier said, once you get'm on, they fabulous.

Also, the Mipros has thinner wires, it has a negative and a positive aspect to it. Its lightweight, and i can barely feel that its even in my ears, but, the negative aspect that its just really thing and i would have to take more care of it than the e2c's which have much thicker wires.

Overall i'd take this over the e2c's any day. The comfort itself of these mipros are just amazing. And i am using the triple flanges from shure(i cut off alittle bit) and it fits perfectly. Also the Westone Comply foam tips also works on these, because the guy i bought it from thre in a pair of them, having tried it yet, but i will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back