MiPro E-8P (IEM)
Jul 24, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 25
They look just like the old Shure E1's... Interesting!!!

Why is it that there is a huge surge of cheap IEM's at the moment though...

Jul 24, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look just like the old Shure E2's... Interesting!!!

Im pretty sure that the e2's were never like that, you must mean the e1's.....I dunno, the site seems professional. And on the site it says teh the e-8p is professional where the 8s is just premium.

Jul 24, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

They look just like the old Shure E2's... Interesting!!!

http://www.westone.com/music/monitor_compare.html

These may be UM1's or Shure E1's, i.e. ONE DRIVER UNITS...
Were TWO DRIVER units of Shure / Westone of the same design?

Well let me think about the name - it shoult have eight drivers!

Hell anyway it's worth a try!

Jul 24, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by d.phens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.westone.com/music/monitor_compare.html

These may be UM1's or Shure E1's, i.e. ONE DRIVER UNITS...
Were TWO DRIVER units of Shure / Westone of the same design?

Well let me think about the name - it shoult have eight drivers!

Hell anyway it's worth a try!

Yeah I meant E1's
biggrin.gif

8 driverss!!!! Now that would be OVERKILL!

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 25
theres alot of IEM´s and canalphones showing up, when i visited my brother in israel i walked in to a tower records shop, and my aunt bought a CD, so they had an offer for these really cheap and nasty canalphones with metalic body, V-moda Vibe style, for 30 shekes, which is around 6 Euros / 8 Dollars,

they sounded like i was listening to music trough a cardboard tube stuck on a speaker 2 miles away, so carefull with the bargins, i know a 8 buck Canalphone isnt a 70 buck IEM, but im starting to think that alot of shops are starting to rebadge and dump their old stock becuase of the boom in canalphone popularity,

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by rapier84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I can say is that these definitely do not sound like cheap canalphones. I had sent these to one of my audio dealer friend (he sells most well known IEMs like Shures etc) to sample and he is rather well impressed by these
etysmile.gif

Wow! Do you think you could compare them to your UM1's?

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Wow! Do you think you could compare them to your UM1's?

I'd say its a fuller sound compared to the UM1s, slighty better bass and treble extenion, and more quantifiable bass (IMO). Unamped these sound a little bright and amped these produce a lot of musical details. Like the UM1s, these respond very well to EQ.

Fit is another issue though, the angle of the nozzle of the UM1s is perfect for a good seal, whereas the E8P requires a little fiddling with the memory wire for a good seal.

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by rapier84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say its a fuller sound compared to the UM1s, slighty better bass and treble extenion, and more quantifiable bass (IMO). Unamped these sound a little bright and amped these produce a lot of musical details. Like the UM1s, these respond very well to EQ.

Fit is another issue though, the angle of the nozzle of the UM1s is perfect for a good seal, whereas the E8P requires a little fiddling with the memory wire for a good seal.

Mmmm... They sound interesting... Too interesting...

MUST... RESIST...

Jul 24, 2007 at 9:46 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuwidol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just had a peak at the russian guys little review. Its the same text that the ebay seller has on his listing. That seems pretty dodgy to me...

I saw that bit too, a little dodgy I must say and I did a little search around, there's very little information even on the internet, MiPro themselves do not even list the frequency response nor the impedance of these. Nevertheless I did purchase these and for the money I'm pretty happy with these
etysmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka Zulu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look pretty stupid to me.

Of course they look so by themselves in that beige colour, but that would be missing the point of these things isn't it?
wink.gif
These are meant to be near invisible under stage lighting, so they are made in this specific manner, style and colour. One might as well buy others if you want to make a style statement with your headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back