Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #61 of 697
Oh man. I missed the last one.

Jun 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #62 of 697
Aug 2, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #64 of 697
So anyone down for a meet/mini meet?

I'm looking set something up for the end of September-ish

Any ideas for a venue or vendor to host? (The Needle Doctor meets are a once a year thing, don't wanna wear out our welcome)

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #65 of 697
  So anyone down for a meet/mini meet?

I'm looking set something up for the end of September-ish

Any ideas for a venue or vendor to host? (The Needle Doctor meets are a once a year thing, don't wanna wear out our welcome)

I'm ready.  I would really like to hear some people's impression of my Schiit Loki and DSD in general.

Aug 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #66 of 697
I'm ready.  I would really like to hear some people's impression of my Schiit Loki and DSD in general.
I've never heard a high end headphone. I'm still kickin' it low-fi... But id love to hear some of these flagship and high end setups you guys have! Id be down for a mini-meet if we have a few guys going with some interesting cans.

Aug 3, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #68 of 697
I'm definitely down to join in on a meet. By September I might actually have some more gear to contribute. No ideas for a venue at this time.

Being a poor student my wallet is limited. I can only contribute Senn HD598 (and 205 if anyone really cares to listen to it), and a little Indeed G3 amp (courtesy Kvtaco - thx m8). Right on.

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #69 of 697
I'm definitely down to join in on a meet. By September I might actually have some more gear to contribute. No ideas for a venue at this time.

Being a poor student my wallet is limited. I can only contribute Senn HD598 (and 205 if anyone really cares to listen to it), and a little Indeed G3 amp (courtesy Kvtaco - thx m8). Right on.
I'd be interested lol. All I have is a pair of AKG k240's with an FiiO E11. Still my favorite cans I've tried in the 60-160$ price range out of all the ones I've tried, both bassy and bright.

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #70 of 697
Great! I'm looking into a DAC purchase within the next few months, and then a new headphone purchase. A meet would be prime to get a chance to try out a few more cans that I haven't heard. I'd really like a chance at an ortho. 

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #71 of 697
Great! I'm looking into a DAC purchase within the next few months, and then a new headphone purchase. A meet would be prime to get a chance to try out a few more cans that I haven't heard. I'd really like a chance at an ortho. 
OH I've never tried an Ortho. Ok... Who wants to set up a place and time for this meet? I say... Outer edge of twin cities? St cloud?

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #72 of 697

Hey its no problem man! AND like I said before, your HD598 is no slouch!

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #73 of 697
Couldn't agree more, having heard a few other cans now. In fact, that bass boost on the G3, after rolling through those tubes, is pretty phenomenal on the 598. My next purchase will be a DAC, but I'm looking to go a little beyond the Fiio range (to support future phones).

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #74 of 697
  Couldn't agree more, having heard a few other cans now. In fact, that bass boost on the G3, after rolling through those tubes, is pretty phenomenal on the 598. My next purchase will be a DAC, but I'm looking to go a little beyond the Fiio range (to support future phones).

Look long and hard at Audio-GD's line of DAC/Amps, they are pretty awesome, especially considering the price!

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #75 of 697
Funny you mention that, I was just looking at Audio gd earlier this weekend. I was turned on to the nfb-2 (2014) after reading some older threads. A 10-year warranty sounds pretty good to me. Only real negatives I've read about were frustrating driver issues; though, I can't imagine that to be a prevailing problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back