Minneapolis Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #16 of 697
I'm in Minneapolis, and would be interested in going if this ever gets rolling. I've been longing to sample some other headphones, since I pretty much dove into the deep end on one line and didn't get a chance to sample any of the other major brands. Here's what I would be able to bring:

Headphones: Audio-Technica W1000 and W5000
Amps: Audio-Technica HA5000 and CIAudio VHP-2
DACs: Electrocompaniet ECD-1 and CIAudio VDA-2

Feb 5, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #17 of 697
I am in Kansas City, Missouri and I might make the trip up there depending on when and where this meet ands up happening.

Feb 6, 2008 at 1:24 AM Post #18 of 697
Somebody's gotta take charge of this thing if we ever want it to get off the ground...I really don't want to do it.

Is anyone up to this task? I can help if there are any questions, but I'm not going to organize it. I might even be willing to bring some beverages that no one will probably drink...like last time, right Dave!
The only thing I have to offer to this meet is my sparkling personality...and my ability to take some pictures
icon10.gif

And no, I don't have my Diablo anymore!

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #19 of 697
Lots of new gear to share but unfortunately I am still in a little box of an apartment... Hopefully someplace bigger in April... Still not this big... Once I finish up a few projects I will consider taking up responsibility of finding a place. Will keep you posted but it will be at least another week or two before I can think about it. Good to see a lot of interest!

Oct 1, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #23 of 697
Is anyone still interested in doing something in the Twin Cities area before it gets too cold? I was thinking we might be able to book a room in one of the local libraries some Saturday in late October or early November. I'd have to check on availability, but before I do, would anyone have any interest?

Oct 4, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #24 of 697
There are quite a few of us around - if we can just get it started.

I thought the turnout was quite good when Headroom was doing the national tour some years back.

I would really try to attend if someone can work it out.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #25 of 697
I apologize to dig up an older thread. I've just relocated to Minneapolis from Detroit. It's really refreshing to meet so many people with headphones on public transit. I would really like to meet some head-fi'ers in the area! -Luke

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #27 of 697
REALLY apparently not... :frowning2:  

Minneapolis/St. Paul sucks for everything 

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #28 of 697
It looks like there was one back in June (a couple months before I joined) but I might be interested in putting one together after Christmas (as I will be out of town) if people would be interested I could start a new thread or just resurrect this one for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back