Minneapolis Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #316 of 697
Speaking of which, we should probably start actually planning something out. What does everyone's availability look like?

September has suddenly become extremely busy for me; the only weekend I'm open is the weekend of the 19th. If everyone would prefer to do something this month, by all means go ahead, but I probably won't be able to attend (not a big deal). Otherwise, October is looking better, with the 17th being the only weekend I'm currently tied up. 

Thoughts/preferences?

I could do any weekend in September other than this weekend, so 9/19 or 9/20 works for me. October I'll be pretty busy unfortunately.

Sep 2, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #317 of 697
I could do any weekend in September other than this weekend, so 9/19 or 9/20 works for me. October I'll be pretty busy unfortunately.
Can't do the 19th because I'm going to see Bobby Caldwell and his Big Band at the Pantages in MPLS. Sometimes you gotta hear the real deal.

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #320 of 697
I've been wanting to go to a meetup for awhile now. 
All I have now is a master7/hd800/wa7 setup.
I could bring a kgsshv carbon + sr-009, but I won't have those until early October.

Sep 14, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #321 of 697
I've been wanting to go to a meetup for awhile now. 
All I have now is a master7/hd800/wa7 setup.
I could bring a kgsshv carbon + sr-009, but I won't have those until early October.
Wow! Never even seen the kgsshv carbon, and with some SR-009's no less. Outstanding!

Sep 17, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #325 of 697

I could do any of the dates, except for November 21st.

The 28th may be difficult for a lot of people, due to the holiday.

What would people say to either October 24th or Nov 7th, 21st, 28th?  These should give people enough time to plan.

I can make it all of those days except the 28th.

Does anyone have the Oppo PM3? I had them for the Tour but would like to give them another shot.

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #326 of 697
So does anyone have any idea where to host this meet? I think we should get this going first. It seems like this gets momentum then stalls.  Also does anyone have a Oppo PM3 that i could audition?

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #327 of 697
  So does anyone have any idea where to host this meet? I think we should get this going first. It seems like this gets momentum then stalls.  Also does anyone have a Oppo PM3 that i could audition?

I know what you're saying sir, it's always a game of marbles trying to get people together for a headphone meet. Well since September is practically gone I'd like to shoot for something in October. I'm free for any weekend except the 30th because I'm a vampire and it's kind of a special weekend for us. I really enjoyed the meet we had at "The Needle Doctor" because that's where I bought my Grado RS1's, and as an a bonus they let us drink beer and order pizza. Plus my gf stayed for a coupe hours and she said she had a god time there.

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #328 of 697
I know what you're saying sir, it's always a game of marbles trying to get people together for a headphone meet. Well since September is practically gone I'd like to shoot for something in October. I'm free for any weekend except the 30th because I'm a vampire and it's kind of a special weekend for us. I really enjoyed the meet we had at "The Needle Doctor" because that's where I bought my Grado RS1's, and as an a bonus they let us drink beer and order pizza. Plus my gf stayed for a coupe hours and she said she had a god time there.
Earlier this month I could have brought a Mr. Speakers Alpha Prime to a meet lol. Buddy of mine in the UK asked me to ship them from here instead of directly along with a few other things (some DAC boards) to save a few hundred £ on shipping. But I am gonna send them out this week sooo. Also he gave me a few vintage cans :p which I am sending the Yamaha YHD-1 back to him so he can make wood cups for them, so I wont have those either.

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #329 of 697
I should be free on most of the weekends of October. I can bring my Hifiman He-560 along with my Schiit Uber Stack (Magni 2 & Modi 2 both Uber editions). I also had a question. I will be setting my He-560 up for anyone who wants to listen, I just want to know if it is it possible to take my He-560 off the table for a little bit to try it with other Amp/Dac combos? I've been told that higher end ones make a difference. I just want to listen and evaluate whether spending more on a higher end Dac/Amp combo is justified for me. I also think we should start bringing up specific dates and have a vote on which date is the most favorable for us. After we know around how many people will be coming we can select a place to have the meet take place. 

Sep 28, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #330 of 697
  After we know around how many people will be coming we can select a place to have the meet take place. 

Depending on the amount of people, I could host it at my house.
I rent a place in Plymouth, live with a few roommates. The roommate that lives downstairs with me is also into audio. No wife or kids to annoy.
Actually have a pretty good area downstairs to setup tables / chairs.

But I would say max 10-12 people, if any more probably want find alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back