Minneapolis Meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #301 of 697
  Well whenever we choose to do the meet I will have a solid state Schiit Lyr 2 with.

That'll be great, would be interesting to do a comparison between it and my Magni 2 Uber.  If things work out I'll be able to bring my HE-560s as well, liking them quite a bit so far. Sold my T90s about a week ago. Would you guys say a higher end DAC & amp made enough of a difference over a previous "lower tiered one" for you? Just wondering if I should get a better combo to do my He-560s justice.

Aug 20, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #302 of 697
That'll be great, would be interesting to do a comparison between it and my Modi 2 Uber.  If things work out I'll be able to bring my HE-560s as well, liking them quite a bit so far. Sold my T90s about a week ago. Would you guys say a higher end DAC & amp made enough of a difference over a previous "lower tiered one" for you? Just wondering if I should get a better combo to my He-560s justice.
ZekeA, if and when we get together, hopefully early this fall, I'd love to hear your HE-560's. IMO when your adding or upgrading components in your listening chain it's always good to make sure those upgrades are compatible, and proportional to your bank account. A good DAC is really important, get as much you can. lol. Research, investigation, and asking a lot of questions, no matter how silly you think they are, is the path to enlightenment.

Aug 20, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #304 of 697
ZekeA, if and when we get together, hopefully early this fall, I'd love to hear your HE-560's. IMO when your adding or upgrading components in your listening chain it's always good to make sure those upgrades are compatible, and proportional to your bank account. A good DAC is really important, get as much you can. lol. Research, investigation, and asking a lot of questions, no matter how silly you think they are, is the path to enlightenment.

Sure thing sir. Will be looking forward to the large meet this fall.

Aug 25, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #305 of 697
I'm especially looking forward to it, because I'm not happy with my recent DAP purchase (FiiO X1) and it might be a good opportunity to check out some other portable setups before taking the plunge.  Sure, the sound is good, the price was great, and I can forgive some of the common complaints...but I just can't get over the 100 character limit on playlists...It would be great to be able to try out some other portable rigs without making a purchase.  Especially since it seems like anything noteworthy besides a FiiO is a bit on the expensive side.

Aug 29, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #306 of 697
I had an idea after going to the fair just yesterday.

If it is somehow possible, someone should rent out a spot at the State Fair that you can isolate yourself in a room and try out headphones, and everyone can bring their gear.

If one were to want to generate some money for the rent, maybe have admissions be 3-5 bucks for an admission for an unlimited amount of time and have a special stamp so you can re-enter.

I thought of this because this is probably a good way of introducing people to the "audiophile" scene or be able to test out gear in a very accessible environment. (I can't go to meets because I don't currently own a vehicle nor do anyone want to drop me off).

Though there are probably some very glaring flaws or something to this, I would like to know what everyone thinks.

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #307 of 697
  I had an idea after going to the fair just yesterday.

If it is somehow possible, someone should rent out a spot at the State Fair that you can isolate yourself in a room and try out headphones, and everyone can bring their gear.

If one were to want to generate some money for the rent, maybe have admissions be 3-5 bucks for an admission for an unlimited amount of time and have a special stamp so you can re-enter.

I thought of this because this is probably a good way of introducing people to the "audiophile" scene or be able to test out gear in a very accessible environment. (I can't go to meets because I don't currently own a vehicle nor do anyone want to drop me off).

Though there are probably some very glaring flaws or something to this, I would like to know what everyone thinks.

Random drunk people at the state fair+expensive cans= ................
On a side note, I was there for the Def Leppard, Styx, and Tesla concert a few days ago. (was loud as all hell. How people don't use earplugs while at concerts is astounding)
It was pretty great.

Aug 31, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #308 of 697
  Random drunk people at the state fair+expensive cans= ................
On a side note, I was there for the Def Leppard, Styx, and Tesla concert a few days ago. (was loud as all hell. How people don't use earplugs while at concerts is astounding)
It was pretty great.

Charge more for drunks and check by smelling their breaths or by a breath test 8].

Went there for the food. Really liked The Jerky Shoppe in the Grandstand and the Roasted Corn, otherwise all the other vendors I've tried were too pricey for me to not regret it.

Aug 31, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #309 of 697
Hello, fellow Minnesotans! I'm new to the high-quality headphone realm and have never been to a meet before. Unfortunately, I don't have much gear to offer yet, but hopefully my interest will add momentum to setting up a meet.

Sep 1, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #310 of 697
Hello, fellow Minnesotans! I'm new to the high-quality headphone realm and have never been to a meet before. Unfortunately, I don't have much gear to offer yet, but hopefully my interest will add momentum to setting up a meet.
I'm open the rest of summer vacation (ends after labor day) and on weekends. Minimeet possibly with some people?

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #312 of 697

We were actually planning to have a big meet sometime this fall, I believe it was sometime this month.  We just haven't figured out the proper date or where in the Minneapolis area we are going have it. I like you haven't been to a meet before, and don't have near as impressive gear as what some of the others may have so don't feel bad about it at all. I'll be bringing my HE-560 & Schiit Uber stack (Magni 2 & Modi 2 both uber editions). It would be a great chance to not only get to listen to new gear but also find a setup that will get more out of my He-560 than I am now.

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #313 of 697
Speaking of which, we should probably start actually planning something out. What does everyone's availability look like?

September has suddenly become extremely busy for me; the only weekend I'm open is the weekend of the 19th. If everyone would prefer to do something this month, by all means go ahead, but I probably won't be able to attend (not a big deal). Otherwise, October is looking better, with the 17th being the only weekend I'm currently tied up. 

Thoughts/preferences?

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #314 of 697
We were actually planning to have a big meet sometime this fall, I believe it was sometime this month.  We just haven't figured out the proper date or where in the Minneapolis area we are going have it. I like you haven't been to a meet before, and don't have near as impressive gear as what some of the others may have so don't feel bad about it at all. I'll be bringing my HE-560 & Schiit Uber stack (Magni 2 & Modi 2 both uber editions). It would be a great chance to not only get to listen to new gear but also find a setup that will get more out of my He-560 than I am now.
I think I'll be getting an HD580 soon. They go for CHEAP. Probably not in time for the meet, but eh. I'll still bring my modded Yamaha YHD-1, K240 Sextett LP, Sony MDR-D11 Eggo, MDR-V6, UE6000, Thinksound On1, Brainwavz HM5, and whatever else you guys wanna hear.

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #315 of 697
Anyoneeee free this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back