I had a few Grados but preferred ps 500 to them all - the more warmer sound
And keeping the HF1/HF2 just because :)

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #47 of 86
^ it's hard not to collect gears
I did like your 225 and RS1 with the Woo @ the meet
And keeping the HF1/HF2 just because
smily_headphones1.gif

That wasn't my RS1 lol BUT I do have one now.... The PS500 is my favorite non Grado sounding Grado.

My 225i is a labor of love, that was the first real can I bought, the first I've ever modded and probably the only one I'll keep even when I add more gear and have to sell something.

Your rig is amazing fyi, lots of really nice gear... everything. Some day I'll get that far... but only if I can find the space...

OH did you try the RS1 with my Glenn amp? I thought it was mind blowing how good it sounded on that thing! The Woo was very good also.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #48 of 86
big thanks to Ryan, the Needle Doctor guys, and to everyone who showed up.  it was a great meet and hopefully we can continue to make this an annual event.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #49 of 86
Plus, last year before I delved into audiophilia, I saw a Grado **1000 on Craigslist... Was that someone from here selling them? I was looking into some decent headphones (definitely not beats. I never bought into beats... Nor Bose. Never really bought into any consumer products, and I still don't. I never bought the whole beats and Bose are best.) and I came across those Grado's for 1,000$+ and was shocked. A few months later bought really bassy headphones for 40$, and then tried my friends beats studio 1.0's to find... Better sound and build on my 40$ headphones. I now own akg k240's, and I must say... I've fallen in love with the AKG house sound. This will be a massive jump going from a low-fi headphone to a summit-fi, but at least I save money this way instead of incremental upgrades.

New K240's? If you like them you really need to find a vintage Sextett... its even better!

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #50 of 86
^ it's hard not to collect gears
I did like your 225 and RS1 with the Woo @ the meet
And keeping the HF1/HF2 just because :)
It's great that there are so many flavours of hp's one can pick and choose from. The bass on the 500's is awesome.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #51 of 86
  big thanks to Ryan, the Needle Doctor guys, and to everyone who showed up.  it was a great meet and hopefully we can continue to make this an annual event.

That's the idea! and Thank you for coming and bringing your DF's and that wonderful Beta 22 you have. I may actually build one and might bug you for help.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #52 of 86
It's great that there are so many flavours of hp's one can pick and choose from. The bass on the 500's is awesome.

Yes! I love the PS500 BUT its huge mid bass can be much at times, hence me getting the RS1.

Quick question, does your RS1 have the new red drivers? And do the drivers sit flush with the cups?

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #53 of 86
^ No, only tried the Glenn amp with my T1- the truth test . T1 was my fav can until LA7k came along so I tend to use it to analyze / study gears with songs I know

I think the RS1 is bpcans

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #54 of 86
^ No, only tried the Glenn amp with my T1- the truth test . T1 was my fav can until LA7k came along so I tend to use it to analyze / study gears with songs I know

I think the RS1 is bpcans

You missed out... the Glenn amp does amazing things to Grado's... Enough to force me into buying a pair on the spot!

Yeah the RS1's belonged to bpcans

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #55 of 86
  That's the idea! and Thank you for coming and bringing your DF's and that wonderful Beta 22 you have. I may actually build one and might bug you for help.

no problems.  hopefully i'll have a better music selection next year after i get my CDs archived. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #56 of 86
^ my Glennamp should be ready in July :)
Was originally getting it for my HD 800
Guess my crack / woo will need new homes

Jun 9, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #57 of 86
Jun 9, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #58 of 86
Lets move here...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/722385/report-minneapolis-meet-the-needle-doctor-saturday-june-7th

Please repost and pics or impressions here. This thing will be closed soon.

Currawong helped us out and just split the thread!

Jun 9, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #59 of 86
Yes! I love the PS500 BUT its huge mid bass can be much at times, hence me getting the RS1.

Quick question, does your RS1 have the new red drivers? And do the drivers sit flush with the cups?
No they do not have red drivers under the hood. I can't imagine Grado issuing a new version of the RS1i's that are sonically different than the ones that they've been making for years, the RS1's being almost iconic with the audiophile intelligencia. I'll check how the drivers fit in the wooden cups for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back