Minneapolis Meet July 20th 12PM-5PM @ The Needle Doctor
Jul 17, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #76 of 93
Hey hey I just found out about this (thanks to snapple), and I would absolutely love to come if there's room!

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #77 of 93
Shouldn't be an issue, you may have to share space with someone lol it'll be crowded but fun.

that's it though guys no more lol

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #78 of 93
Hey gents',

I have lost touch with Audeze the last few days.  I was prepared to purchase a pair for demo then the communication stopped.  It appears that I will not be bringing the LCD2 to the gathering.  I hope I didn't ruin anyone's plans by this news.  

I will be bringing my JH3A setup as well as Alclair's demo IEMs for anyone to try.  I may also bring my DIY tube DAC with a Squeezebox brain 
size]

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #79 of 93
Quote:
Shouldn't be an issue, you may have to share space with someone lol it'll be crowded but fun.

that's it though guys no more lol

Sweet, thank you! Do you want me to bring my equipment, I don't really have anything terribly exciting, and if room is an issue I don't mind leaving stuff at home

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #80 of 93
I spoke too soon.  For some reason Audeze's replies were getting sent to my trash folder.  Their wonderful representative over there went out of her way to contact me and over-night me a LCD2.

Bring your amplifiers friends and come test out these cans.

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #83 of 93
I made it!!  Only saw five deer and hit construction zones twice.

Friday I have go to two of our facilities, but  I plan to be hunting down an Outback steakhouse for dinner. 

What time Saturday can we show up?  Or is noon the time?

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #84 of 93
Noon was the time unless Ken says otherwise

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #85 of 93
was so looking forward to this:) Unless I can figure something out, might have to skip

Will need to be back in town Saturday

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #87 of 93
I went by and  talked to Ken at the Needle Doctor about set-up and parking. He suggested that we park behind the store and bring our stuff in throuugh the back.  There is enough space back there for fifteen to twenty cars and then an easier entry point for the tables.  And yes, noon is the time to show up.

Oh, yeah, Outback rules!!!!

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #88 of 93
Well played sir^

if you like outback you need to hit up a Texas roadhouse... So much better.

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #89 of 93
Well played sir^

if you like outback you need to hit up a Texas roadhouse... So much better.

Been there, and yes it is also very good. Outback has the distinction of never giving me a bad steak in the many years I have been going there. Unfortunately, today was the first time in three or four years that I have been able to get one. The one near me closed down a while ago :mad: :mad:

They almost screwed it up today, but the steak was good, the onions on the salad were NASTY!!! :confused_face: Way too bitter and strong.

The beer was very good though, Newcastle, hhhmmm beer...

On another note I was a little tired and blew through a stop light and had to do a mario andretti move to not cream two cars today, :eek: not good, sorry strangers for giving you a heart attack. No harm other than to all our blood pressure. I knew then it was time to get back to the hotel for some rest. :blink:

P.S. Just got off the phone with my sister and told her about the mario andretti move...ouch she was pissed...told me to go to my room (hotel room) and not to come out till morning...:p Heh, she is the oldest and was always (er...still is) policing her troublesome little brother :evil:

Jul 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #90 of 93
Thanks everyone today - I had a great time today.  It was interesting hearing all the combinations and synergies among the various systems.

Again thanks Ken for your hospitality.  Great place you have there.

cheers,
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back