Mini North Carolina Triangle Meetup - August 22nd
Jul 16, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #16 of 65
FYI... preference would be to do it second or later weekend in August... have in laws here first weekend and that wouldn't go over well for me to skip out on them to go meet audio buddies :)

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #17 of 65
The 15th or 22nd are both doable if that works for the rest of you?

Jul 16, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #18 of 65
Don't plan around me, but the 22nd or 29th would be my only options.

Jul 17, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #21 of 65
Yep, looking good so far. I'll finalize the date by next Friday so people have enough time to check their schedules and whatnot.

Jul 20, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #22 of 65
I'm in! Missed the last one by a week. Also good with Aug 22nd.

Gear isn't much, but I can bring:
Bottlehead Crack + varied 6AS7G/5998 tubes (WE 421a, Bendix 6080WB slotted graphite, etc)
Portaphile 627x
Bifrost Uber
Senn HD650
Heir Audio 8.a CIEM (if I can find some universal tips to demo with)
iBasso DX50

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #23 of 65
Shoot yeah I'm definitely interested! I've been trying to find a meet somewhere close to Charlotte for a good while now. I don't have much to bring but I have

Sennheiser HD650
Garage1217 Project Horizon 3 w/ stock tube
Bowers & Wilkins P7

I've a few other lesser expensive ones but this is my premier inventory I guess you could call it.

Edit: I've also vacation 3-9AUG so anytime in there is awesome for me. But if given enough notice I can request off.

Jul 25, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #24 of 65
Sounds good, I'll try to reserve space for you as well. 

Also going forward, I can probably get table space for all of those posted so far but that's about the max I can promise right now. If other members want to come and bring more portable gear, then that's fine as well. 

Jul 25, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #25 of 65
I am really trying to get the latest production ready samples of the dharma and athena from ENIGMAcoustics for the event.  With production taking a bit longer to get going because they want to get everything absolutely perfect, having my preorder stock of production stock here to show will not likely happen.  But unlike the last event,  the hope is to finally get the production samples here to at least show folks.

Aside from iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50 and the Audeze Deckard,  any specific requests to have in attendance?  

The Unison Research SH all tube headphone amp/DAC units are in port here in the USA as of Friday...  they are being unloaded and clearing customs now....  other attendees coming may wish to bring their own SH by that time :wink:  Otherwise, I can bring one.

PS Audio just came out with an updated version of their NuWave DAC originally called NuWave DSD....  it's ESS based, but uses an FPGA and some custom coding to make it their own style of implementation....  reserving comment on sonics until it's got enough break in time on it....  but I can bring that along as well for folks to try since it has an approachable price point at $1299 MSRP...

If they ever figure out the months long delay to get packaging,  I have a couple more Lambert Play it by ear tube hybrid headphone amps i bought on IGG for friends who backed out after I paid for them.  So if anyone wants one,  I'm just looking to get my money back out of them and can bring them along to the event...  hopefully they will finally deliver them by that time...

Finally, I took advantage of a combo deal from the distributor for M2Tech Young DSD DACs and Van Der Graaf linear power supplies before they have to end the deal and raise MSRP prices as well on August 1....  It was a buy a Young and get the $1200 power supply for free.  I am honoring that combo until stock runs out and I have to reorder at the new, higher prices....  I can bring along those demos if folks are interested in hearing it.....

and i'm going to stop there as this sounds way too commercial for my liking...  as with the last three events,  in spite of how this post sounds,  i'll be there to show off and let folks try stuff in a purely social way, not as a pushy sales person...  hopefully folks that came to the last three can attest to me not being a sleazy dealer trying to do nothing but sell stuff and turn folks away that just wanted to listen to gear they were interested in trying... stopping now....  looking forward to seeing everyone again....  hopefully by bringing less stuff this time i can get around and listen to more stuff....  got to hear a little bit of some cool setups last time and it was a lot of fun...

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #26 of 65
22AUG works for me as well. If\when it becomes set I can go ahead and request off. Super excited to attend and meet all of you.

Edit: where exactly is the triangle area :p also will we need tonbring any funding for this or food?

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #27 of 65
OK, looks like August 22nd is the date, mark the calendars, folks. 

Also for food, I'll have some snacks and drinks for everyone, and if you are interested in lunch / dinner, there are plenty of restaurants nearby we could hit up as well.

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #29 of 65
  OK, looks like August 22nd is the date, mark the calendars, folks. 

Also for food, I'll have some snacks and drinks for everyone, and if you are interested in lunch / dinner, there are plenty of restaurants nearby we could hit up as well.

Sounds good.  Cleared with the wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back