Mini North Carolina Triangle Meetup - August 22nd
Aug 5, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #31 of 65
Still not sure if I can get free to make the trip.  Working on it.

If I do make it, I doubt I'll be bringing anything but a pair of iem's.   BUT....if anyone is bringing a tubed headphone amp, I can bring some NOS tubes if you want to compare different tubes.   I've got lots of 6SN7/5692 variants and some 12AU7's and 12AT7's.  If this interested anyone, PM me and I'll pack them along.

.....sT

Aug 5, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #32 of 65
I'm bringing a Project Horizon 3 BUT I'm pretty sure it isn't immediately compatible with the 6 tubes, do you have that adapter piece?

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #33 of 65
Not terribly familiar with the PH3.  But what I've been able to suss with some minor searching is that it takes 6N23's (russian variant of the 6922).  Sorry....Ive never had anything that needed 6922's...so none on the shelf.

...sT

Aug 10, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #34 of 65
Wei from ENIGMAcoustics is confirming I'll have production sample Dharma and Athena units at this meet!  Just wanted to give everyone the heads up.  I know I've had lots and lots of emails and calls about these... if you are in the area, here's a great chance to hear them yourself...

any other specific requests for demo gear to bring?  So far, only Audeze Deckard and iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50 amp units have been officially requested...

in the absence of any further requests, I'll likely plan on this:

Headphones -

Audeze LCD-2, LCD-X, LCD-3, EL-8 open and closed (I think a couple others are bringing LCD-XC already)
Sennheiser HD800
ENIGMAcoustics Dharma

Sources - 

AURALiC Aries
Lumin T1 (maybe D1 instead - we'll see)
my small Qnap NAS with about 5TB of music on it (along with an old wireless router/switch to connect everything and run from the iPad... I'll try to get it pre-configured... otherwise no real point in bringing the streamer/network players along)

Electronics - 

Audeze Deckard
ENIGMAcoustics Athena
iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50
????????

Aug 10, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #35 of 65
Great to hear, Shane! I've narrowed down my next purchase to being either the HD800, Ether, Dharma or the LCD-X, so it's greatly appreciated!

Also, if you've not received a PM with the meet address already, let me know if I've forgot to send it to you.

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #36 of 65
I can be there! Going out of town this weekend for a road race, but I'll be around the 22nd.

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #37 of 65
  I can be there! Going out of town this weekend for a road race, but I'll be around the 22nd.

Sounds good, man. Have fun at the race and I look forward to seeing you on the 22nd!

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #38 of 65
Hey guys, I unfortunately won't be able to attend for my EMT practicals are on that day from 09-1800 so there's no way I can reschedule but hopefully I can make the next one guys best wishes to the meet!

Aug 14, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #40 of 65
  Hey guys, I unfortunately won't be able to attend for my EMT practicals are on that day from 09-1800 so there's no way I can reschedule but hopefully I can make the next one guys best wishes to the meet!

Good luck!

(from a Basic 8 years ago...those were some interesting days 
tongue.gif
)

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #41 of 65

Good luck! If you're ever in the area and want to do a smaller get-together, let me know!

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #42 of 65
Count me out now.  

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #43 of 65
Sorry to hear, hope we can see you at another meet soon.

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #44 of 65
Aug 17, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #45 of 65
Wife is working Saturday and will likely have all day to spend if I want.

That said, I PMed ya earlier Chillburger but thought I'd update my list.

I may or may not bring my turntable depending on how I feel. I could carry all of this stuff in one trip fairly easily but a turntable would be quite a haul. If there are a ton of requests I'll bring it. 

Amp/DAC

Desktop:
  1. Lyr 2 + Uberfrost
  2. Magni 2U + Modi 2U
Portable:
  1. Centrance M8
  2. FiiO E18
  3. iBasso D-Zero Mk2
  4. Creative E5

Headphone

Fullsize:
  1. Audeze LCD-X