Mini North Carolina Triangle Meetup - August 22nd
Aug 18, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #46 of 65
  Wife is working Saturday and will likely have all day to spend if I want.

That said, I PMed ya earlier Chillburger but thought I'd update my list.

I may or may not bring my turntable depending on how I feel. I could carry all of this stuff in one trip fairly easily but a turntable would be quite a haul. If there are a ton of requests I'll bring it. 

Amp/DAC

Desktop:
  1. Lyr 2 + Uberfrost
  2. Magni 2U + Modi 2U
Portable:
  1. Centrance M8
  2. FiiO E18
  3. iBasso D-Zero Mk2
  4. Creative E5

Headphone

Fullsize:
  1. Audeze LCD-X
  2. Beyerdynamic/Astell&Kern AKT5p
IEM
  1. JH/AK Angie
  2. JH/AK Layla

I definitely want to hear the Angie and Layla myself.

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #47 of 65
Just as a further heads up, it might be a good idea for people to bring some extension cords / surge protectors. I have a few I can lend out during the meetup, but I probably won't have enough for everyone.

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #48 of 65
  Just as a further heads up, it might be a good idea for people to bring some extension cords / surge protectors. I have a few I can lend out during the meetup, but I probably won't have enough for everyone.

I think I'm going to chance my back and undue all the benefits gained from recent surgery by attempting to bring my PS Audio P10 power regenerator....  since not a lot of folks are asking for me to bring everything we have for demo, I should have some open receptacle slots on it if someone sets up next to me :)

do you have portable tables like we had at Sol's clubhouse at the last event?  or should I bring one of my own?  Or do you have enough spots in your place to logically setup a station?

as usual, it's going to be close for the ENIGMAcoustics stuff...  someone else has it and is supposed to have shipped it already... but I'm still waiting......................

I'm going to try to do a test run of setting up stuff either tonight or tomorrow night to make sure I have everything I need to make it all work on the day... may need to come a little bit early just to make sure I can have it all up and running in time for showtime....

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #49 of 65

I think I'm going to chance my back and undue all the benefits gained from recent surgery by attempting to bring my PS Audio P10 power regenerator....  since not a lot of folks are asking for me to bring everything we have for demo, I should have some open receptacle slots on it if someone sets up next to me :)

do you have portable tables like we had at Sol's clubhouse at the last event?  or should I bring one of my own?  Or do you have enough spots in your place to logically setup a station?

as usual, it's going to be close for the ENIGMAcoustics stuff...  someone else has it and is supposed to have shipped it already... but I'm still waiting......................

I'm going to try to do a test run of setting up stuff either tonight or tomorrow night to make sure I have everything I need to make it all work on the day... may need to come a little bit early just to make sure I can have it all up and running in time for showtime....

I have one portable table and a few other side tables. It couldn't hurt to bring more tables, though, I would really appreciate it. Feel free to come by earlier if need be, I'll be free all day.

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #50 of 65
Greetings from Raleigh! Relative Audiophile noob here, my setup is a simple Schiit Modi2+Magni2U stack powering a pair of AKG K7xx. Unfortunately I can't attend this meet but I'd like to attend one in the future, just wanted to introduce my self and say it's nice to see an active audio community in the area.

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #51 of 65
  Greetings from Raleigh! Relative Audiophile noob here, my setup is a simple Schiit Modi2+Magni2U stack powering a pair of AKG K7xx. Unfortunately I can't attend this meet but I'd like to attend one in the future, just wanted to introduce my self and say it's nice to see an active audio community in the area.

Thanks for chiming in! Sorry you can't make it out this weekend, but I hope to see you around in the future.

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #52 of 65
Spoke with ENIGMAcoustics yesterday... they promised that they will get stuff here for the event!  Woohoo! :)  I'm as anxious to listen to these as others are :)

There's all kinds of racket at my place right now as I am running burn in test track sweeps through as many pieces of gear as possible all at once...  both for this meet and for some home audio stuff for other customers... I've been turning over demo gear recently... so it means having to break in all the pieces again when I open new units... fun fun fun :)

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #53 of 65
Awesome to hear, will be exciting to try out a new flagship contender!

I'll be busy the next few days getting the layout for the meet finalized. I'm hoping we have enough room for all the gear, but we'll see.

Aug 21, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #55 of 65
I'm coming from Triad area. If someone along that route needs help hauling things, let me know.

.....sT

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #57 of 65
Looking foward to seeing everyone tomorrow! Just bringing the micro dsd from ifi and " the play it by ear" tube amp from Lambert. My LCD 3's are undergoing surgery at Audeze
frown.gif

I'll have LCD-3s there so you can feel more at home :)

I pre-delivered a bunch of stuff tonight to make today (since it is now after 1AM) easier... I brought along the pieces that TheChillburger was interested in hearing, as well as left him the Dharmas to enjoy... that way he gets some extra time on that stuff if he stays up late tonight or gets up early and listens instead of prepping for the meet :)  the perks of being the host, right?  given he'll likely be busy once we all descend onto his house, he would be wise to listen now.......

this week was beyond crazy... so I didn't get to do as much pre-setup of things and test runs of hooking everything up like I wanted... I'll be scrambling in the morning to pull the Lumin T1, my little NAS, and the last few amps and dacs and cables and little odds and ends pieces to get over there and finish setup in time for folks...  fun, fun, fun... see you all in a few hours :)

Aug 22, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #59 of 65
Something came up and I won't be able to head down today. If I do make it it'll likely be later in the afternoon and I'd feel bad for coming on a I late. Sorry guys.. I know a few wanted to hear the JH Layla and Angie IEM's I was planning on bringing.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #60 of 65
Something came up and I won't be able to head down today. If I do make it it'll likely be later in the afternoon and I'd feel bad for coming on a I late. Sorry guys.. I know a few wanted to hear the JH Layla and Angie IEM's I was planning on bringing.

Ugh, I have to echo this 
ph34r.gif

Oh well, I'll be able to actually bring stuff to the next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back