Mini North Carolina Triangle Meetup - August 22nd
Jul 14, 2015 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

TheChillburger

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all, 

I remember a few North Carolina HeadFi'ers had expressed interest a meetup sometime this summer. If any of you are interested, I wouldn't mind hosting a mini meet of about 10-15 people at my house in the Triangle area.

The meeting is scheduled for August 22nd, 12pm until whenever we're done.

Let me know if you'd prefer a different time or you need the address of the location. 

Thanks!

Attendee list (tentative): 

Tables:

ardgedee: Geek Pulse Infinity, Woo WEE, Koss ESP 950 (and maybe some gear from last meet?)

Jazic: LCDX, AK120ii, JH Angie and Layla, Centrance M8 

Chillburger: Audio GD NFB28, Little Dot 1+, Oppo HA2, O2/ODAC, HD600, HE400i, Alpha Dog, K240 Sextett LP

NightDayAudio: many things

LNCPapa: LCD2, WA7

Howlin Fester: 
Cans:  LCD-XC, TH900, RS1i, SE-L40 (vintage with mod), Momentum, K702
AMPS: Unison Research SH (Coming Soon), Peachtree Audio Decco65, RSA Intruder, Neco v3, Arrow 2.2
DAPS: DX50, Touch, Classic, Nano 5G, Shuffle
IEM:    Alfa Genus, TF10, SE530, HA-FX40

Afghan Vet: Auralic Aries, Vega, Taurus and Fostex TH900

Xoen: LCDX, Lyr 2, Bifrost, HD700, W1000X

j4ys: 
Bottlehead Crack + varied 6AS7G/5998 tubes (WE 421a, Bendix 6080WB slotted graphite, etc)
Portaphile 627x
Bifrost Uber
Senn HD650
Heir Audio 8.a CIEM (if I can find some universal tips to demo with)
iBasso DX50

TomNC: modded HE-6, maybe more gear 

Reserved: 
kempneal
darksound
jtwrace
Simon Templar
JimJ

Jul 14, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #4 of 65
Could swing that. I have to work on the 17th in the morning, but the other times I'm completely free on the weekends. 

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 65
I should be free.  Could bring or just look.  

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 65
It depends on the timing - I'm in Alaska for vacation the 5th through the 17th :)

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #8 of 65
I might be able to make it.  =)  Just have to see what might come up around that time period.  

Jul 15, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #9 of 65
I would be interested, definitely.

Jul 15, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #10 of 65
Awesome, had to see the interest. If you guys have any gear you want to bring, go ahead and mention it in the thread or my PM's so I can setup enough space for you.

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #11 of 65
I'll be in assuming the better half hasn't scheduled me for something else...

New additions since Sol hosted the last get together:

1) AURALiC - we are now the exclusive dealers for North & South Carolina.  I have the complete stack (Aries, Vega, Taurus)... so it will save jtwrace from dragging everything if folks want me to bring it instead of him :)
2) Exogal - we have the Comet DAC, both standard power supply and upgraded linear power supply
3) Lumin Music - we carry their full line of music servers/players/streamers/DAC all in one units - likely bring the D1 as its the most approachable in price.. but it does need an ethernet network to interface with the app that runs on iPAD
4) M2Tech - have the stack of Young DSD, Marley headphone amp, and Van der Graaf linear power supply
5) Audeze Deckard DAC/amp
6) Unison Research SH DAC/all tube headphone amps should FINALLY be in stock in time for meet... even though they took the slowest possible boat from Italy to get here, backstock inventory should be here at my place in a little over a week!  I know a few folks that are going to be very happy about that :)
7) outside chance of ENIGMAcoustics Dharma / Athena.... production is finally getting underway after final tweaks and long, thorough testing with appearance and headband adjustment, but the backorders are so deep, not sure my stock order will get filled in time depending on the weekend chosen...
8) iFi Audio Retro Stereo 50 all in one integrated amplifier/DAC/phono/headamp - the pro series likely won't be in production by then... but we've got the retro unit here and it's awesome... 

I know I'm forgetting something in there trying to rhyme stuff off the top of my head....  let me know if folks are interested in any of it... I'll try to bring only what folks want to see and hear... last time I got a little crazy and went overboard :wink:

Shane

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #12 of 65
I would be pretty interested in trying out the Deckard and the Stereo 50, myself. 

Jul 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #15 of 65
Sounds good, I'll reserve a spot for you.

To anyone else, if you have any gear you're planning on bringing, you can PM me or list it here. Just want an idea of how many tables to get. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back