Mini Meet Maastricht June the 3rd 2007
Jun 5, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #61 of 91
Ton, sorry you haven't found anything yet that suits your needs completely.
I was really pleased you made it to the meet!
I hope you had a nice ride back home on your cool bike.
And I am sure we will meet again in the future.

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #62 of 91
Err, think you mixed up a couple names Indra, I'm pretty sure it's Ton.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #63 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Err, think you mixed up a couple names Indra, I'm pretty sure it's Ton.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ow shoit yeahh..
redface.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #64 of 91
What a wonderful looking meet, and so well documented from the photo side! The pic of Contrastique sitting on the edge with the Ed.9s should be used in Ultrasone's advertisements! Actually, failing to listen to the Ed.9 is one of my regrets from the Int'l Meet. I recently heard 2500s for the first time and really enjoyed them. Very unique cans.

Well, now I have another European city to add to my Head-Fi meet tour that I hope to do some day: London, Santiago de Compostela, Nik's in Italy, and Maastricht all seem to have great Head-Fi communities that know how to throw a meet! I actually have a case right now where I am working with attorneys in the Netherlands about potential claims there, but it looks like the case will settle before I need to travel there.
mad.gif
Another opportunity will arise, hopefully.

Cheers and happy listening!

Jun 5, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #65 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, now I have another European city to add to my Head-Fi meet tour that I hope to do some day: London, Santiago de Compostela, Nik's in Italy, and Maastricht all seem to have great Head-Fi communities that know how to throw a meet! I actually have a case right now where I am working with attorneys in the Netherlands about potential claims there, but it looks like the case will settle before I need to travel there.
mad.gif

Whenever you do come to Holland, please don't forget the big @ss Pelikan flight case with the portable amps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #67 of 91
frown.gif
now i remember i forgot one thing !!!

I hope i will meet the Edition 9's some time again, i totally want to hear Beethoven's Symphony No. 9's 2th movement on those (nobody is too young for classic music
cool.gif
).

AWWWWW
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 9:47 AM Post #68 of 91
Nice meeting and wonderful pictures! Lately we are seeing a lot of meets in Europe. Maybe we will have an international meet in the future
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really liked it until I used it with Grados. The Heed made the Grados way too laidback for my taste. The really forward sound of the Grados was gone. So the conclusion would be that it's a good amp but it shouldn't be used with Grados.

This is not my impression at all, at least with my own Heed. In my opinion there is no other amp so agressive with grados in its price range. This amp seems to "squeeze" Grados (and any other headphones, all sound "crushed" by this little amp). With Grados I find it pretty forward, with a lot of "bite" and with more space and "air" than with other amps. I use it with my HF1s and RS1s with no problem, and I would recommend it to be used with Grados anytime. I love the combo more and more every day.
By the way, I do not find my unit absolutely silent with low impedance headphones like Grados. It has a very sligth noise that maybe you were not able to hear due to meet conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually have a case right now where I am working with attorneys in the Netherlands about potential claims there, but it looks like the case will settle before I need to travel there.
mad.gif

You should plan the travel in your vacations, not for work. It never is the same. It is more expensive, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #69 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is not my impression at all, at least with my own Heed. In my opinion there is no other amp so agressive with grados in its price range. This amp seems to "squeeze" Grados (and any other headphones, all sound "crushed" by this little amp). With Grados I find it pretty forward, with a lot of "bite" and with more space and "air" than with other amps. I use it with my HF1s and RS1s with no problem, and I would recommend it to be used with Grados anytime. I love the combo more and more every day.
By the way, I do not find my unit absolutely silent with low impedance headphones like Grados. It has a very sligth noise that maybe you were not able to hear due to meet conditions.

Note that this was a meet impression and that I might think differently when using a Heed for a few months.

Still, how I recall it, the thing that really struck me when listening to the Heed with my 325is was that a snare doesn't sound like a snare anymore. Maybe I did something wrong, but when driven out of my own smaller Porta Corda a snare has that snappy sound to it. I missed that when using the Heed.

But, like I said before, I liked the Heed with everything else and it's still dead silent (when being at a meet at least) even with the UED9s.

Jun 7, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #70 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whenever you do come to Holland, please don't forget the big @ss Pelikan flight case with the portable amps.
smily_headphones1.gif

I could bring the Katrina SR-71 and a CrossRoads amp, but that is about all in the portable category for me!
biggrin.gif
I think you have me confused with Vorlon1. I had to think about it for a minute, but that has happened before and he has a lot of portables.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should plan the travel in your vacations, not for work. It never is the same. It is more expensive, though
smily_headphones1.gif

I certainly intend to work Head-fi Europe into my vacation travel plans, but I did just recently have a case where it was likely I would have to travel to the Netherlands. This group of Head-Fiers would have been fun to connect with if that had happened. A little diversion from a work trip is always fun!
wink.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #71 of 91
Voltron, be there on July 8th and you're most welcome to drop by my place (+-15 minutes with a car from airport Schiphol) for a meet. I'll play cabbie.
smily_headphones1.gif

Heck, be here any time, and you're welcome. Though I must warn you I'm getting out of the headphone game.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #73 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DT770 you had at the meet...how much ohm where they??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik
Headphones
• Balanced DT770/250

Jun 7, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #74 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hihi, I know i should have been not so lazy and just look and I would have found out
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back