Mini Meet Maastricht June the 3rd 2007
Jun 4, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #46 of 91
Blackmore;3009958 said:
Well, I didnt cry like you did, but feels kind of suck for sure
tongue.gif

hoosterw;3009828 said:
Well it makes me cry I did not make it! That for sure.

Hans, next time we need to bring them and listen side by side. 100% agree with you about GS1 and very interested in trying your amp as much as your GS1 to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW Indra, wait untill you hear the Grado GS1000! Dex might be visiting me with the ED9s and then I am really going to compare those 2. The GS1000 is so much better then the RS1. I have one running on Lehmann black cube Lineair now. And believe it or not the Larocco PRII really keeps up with the Lehmann BC.

I hope your wife will get better a.s.a.p.

Thanks for the heads up! With three kids a mother has to be up again quick
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #47 of 91
Great meet! Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I'm sorry to have missed the Ed9, don't know when there's another chance to hear them...
frown.gif
And very, very nice pictures!

Hans, hope your wife recovers quickly...

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #50 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Filo, the official Maastricht Meet squawker!
tongue.gif

Thanx for all your pics! Nice to look at them and think back at yesterday. Want MORE!!!!
Oh and it is not Filo but Fidel
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #51 of 91
These are all that I have... I was too busy shooting random crap that I forgot to shoot gear.
biggrin.gif

The 300mm makes a surprisingly good portrait lens, so long as you're faaaaar away. This is one of the first images I shot with it. This image hasn't been sharpened or tweaked in any other way, that thing is sharp at full zoom!
1.jpg

2.jpg

I caught all the people I could that were wearing the Blow Up Beyers.
evil_smiley.gif

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #52 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are all that I have... I was too busy shooting random crap that I forgot to shoot gear.
biggrin.gif

The 300mm makes a surprisingly good portrait lens, so long as you're faaaaar away. This is one of the first images I shot with it. This image hasn't been sharpened or tweaked in any other way, that thing is sharp at full zoom!
1.jpg

2.jpg

I caught all the people I could that were wearing the Blow Up Beyers.
evil_smiley.gif

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Well done Rik!!!! The pics look real good! Hope you found some time to use them tonight. And yeahhh you sure got me back woehoew Nice
icon10.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #53 of 91
Ow Yeah, Enoyin, i hope you will be able to attend the meet at Riks. I completely forgot about you modded amp wich I really wanted to check out. Shoit, the day was just too short! It looks real cool on the pics.

Jun 5, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #54 of 91
That was really a great meet, excellent wheather, good hosts, friendly guests and nice gear.

Thanks a lot to Indra and Bart for organizing this, I imagine it must not be easy to host for so many peoples! (the Headphone bread was a great idea by the way)

Gear-wize the ed 9 were amazing, too bad they are miles above my price range. :frowning2: Thanks to Dex for bringing these!

I must say I was disapointed by the senns 25. I was also somewhat disapointed by the balanced beyer 770, as I would have expected them to sound much more different than standard 770s.

I hope to see you all again at a future meet! I won't be there on the 8/7 because it's a bit far from my home (well, it can't always be close), but I am pretty sure other meets will happen in the future in Belgium or in the north of the netherlands.

Jun 5, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #55 of 91
Well, rather late than never I guess. I have been a bit ill before. My sinusses were absolutely ******, but now I am doing a lot better.

I was kinda tired and sick during the meet already which did obviously made me slightly less enthousiastic than when I wouldn't have been. Even though I looked like crap and felt the same, I did really enjoy the meet and the people there.

First of all a thank you to Bart and Indra for hosting the meet. Someone has to go to the trouble of cleaning up before and after. Thanks. ( I knew I should've just left some money hidden under a pillow or something since people always turn you down when you ask if they want some.
rolleyes.gif
)

Now, for the gear.

Things I definitely wanted to hear were the Heed Canamp, some more Ultrasones and the K1000. I would've liked to hear some DACs, but I couldn't find any. (were there any present? Did I miss them?)

I was impressed by the Heed. It's a really good amp considering the price. I tried quite a few headphones with it and I must say that it was able to drive everything really well and did do so without hissing the slightest bit when using effecient headphones.
I really liked it until I used it with Grados. The Heed made the Grados way too laidback for my taste. The really forward sound of the Grados was gone. So the conclusion would be that it's a good amp but it shouldn't be used with Grados.

I listened to pretty much every Ultrasone present (and there were quite a lot of them there) and I didn't really like the signature of them. The Ultrasones just have too much bass for my taste. They are really detailed and I can imagine a lot of people like them, but it's just not for me.

Now when I said that Ultrasones are not for me I wasn't talking about the UED9s. Wow, just wow. Those do sound really good. I haven't heard the other really closed high-end models (R10, L3000, UED7) for a long time so it's hard to compare them with those.
I do know however that I couldn't really find anything wrong with the sound of them. They are doing really well with pretty much anything you throw at them. From death metal to hip-hop and from classical to drum 'n bass.
They didn't seem to have any weak points at all. Obviously it probably has some flaws but I couldn't find any in the time I listened to them. It's definitely a headphone I'll give some thought when I've got another amp.

Another thing I tried on the meet was gaming with the Ultrasones. Since the Ultrasones are supposed to do sooooooo great with binaural recordings I thought I had to put that to the test. I have been playing Quake since I was about a 12 years old and I still play it every once in a while, so I started a game of quake. I must say that the Ultrasones do a better job at reveiling sounds of a certain direction than anything I have ever heard. This includes several surround sound headphones. (for example the Razer Barracuda)
So, whenever you see a "recommend me a gaming headphone" thread recommend them the UED9s.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I simply had to listen to a K1000 again. It's too good a headphone (earspeaker if you like) to miss. I had heard it before and I still like it. I just haven't got the liquid asset to be able to afford one right now. ( I still don't mind buying it from you for €200 Rik
biggrin.gif
) The disadvantages of the design of it are something for me to consider as well. I wouldn't really like the noise of screaming children when I am listening to something that could do without that.

I also tried the grado SR60 again and that sure is a good headphone for the money. I wouldn't buy it though since I don't really like the idea of downgrading.

I haven't been taking any pictures since that's not really my thing and there are enough good pictures already to satisfy the needs in my opinion. Aside from that I think I did a pretty good job already to compensate the lack of pictures by typing a lot of text.
biggrin.gif

Edit:

Hold up, I can ramble some more. I have heard the DT770s as well. They did indeed sound better balanced, but still nothing that would suit me really well.

And I also forgot to mention the Blowup Beyers. It can compare with Duggehs most awful fuglyphones for as far as appearance goes. Soundwise they were a bit lacking to use that euphemism. I dare someone to head to the beach and use them for their actual purpose.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #56 of 91
[size=small]OK, here are my impressions, for whatever they’re worth. Keep in mind I´m still looking for ´do-it-all’, perfect fit, affordable, closed cans.[/size]
[size=small]K1000 are everything people say they are, close to perfect soundwise. Except they’re not really headphones (no offence Rik). They don’t block out any sound (they for some reason distort it though) and everybody is listening in on your music, which makes them headspeakers. In practice there’ll hardly be an opportunity for me to enjoy my music undisturbed (and undisturbing) with them. When an opportunity arises I’ll probably prefer using my vintage Tannoy speakers.
icon10.gif
[/size]
[size=small]HD25-1 are really nice, though they seem to be getting mixed reviews. They sound mature and block out sound nicely. It’s a real pity I don’t really like supra-aural cans, though I use my PX200 on a regular basis. [/size]
[size=small]HD250 are also a positive surprise, though the sound is a bit on the bright side. But these I'll definitely keep in mind.[/size]
[size=small]I also listened to HD595 (again). Too pity these are not closed, because I really like their sound signature and comfort. Maybe I'll get these once for those moments when isolation isn't really necessary.[/size]
[size=small]Ultrasones are in general very nice, though bass-heavy. The Edition 9 are indeed very nice. I don’t hear those 1500 euros though, but they really look stunning. The 750’s come very, very close. Furthermore: I find the Ultrasones not comfortable enough, though I’m sure this is due to my funny head, not the cans.[/size]
[size=small]Thank you Indra and Bart for offering the opportunity to meet fellow patients and discuss our mutual interests. I’m sure we’ll meet again.[/size]

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #57 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ow Yeah, Enoyin, i hope you will be able to attend the meet at Riks. I completely forgot about you modded amp wich I really wanted to check out. Shoit, the day was just too short! It looks real cool on the pics.

I'm not sure yet. I'm getting that odd feeling I had something to do on the 8th, but I just can't remember what it was.
blink.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #58 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by heubie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sir Nobax, really great pictures! keep up the works. (and just to make it yourself easier on the light side get just 1 AF (auto focus) lens, so you can enjoy all of your camera's capabilities)

Thank you Bart, i was quite surprised of the image quality when i browsed the pictures on my computer, although most of them are a way too saturated, especially red (Rik's shirt for example) clips a lot (my own fault actually, i bumped the saturation in-camera to +1).
I shall look into buying a AF lens, it will undoubtedly increase my successful-picture-ratio, but my wallet is quite empty (because of the Pentax itself) so i will have to wait for a few weeks
frown.gif

Also thanks for the feedback you gave me, and that you let me try one of your flashes, and off course even more thanks for the meet itself
icon10.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #59 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillmetoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K1000 are everything people say they are, close to perfect soundwise. Except they’re not really headphones (no offence Rik). They don’t block out any sound (they for some reason distort it though) and everybody is listening in on your music, which makes them headspeakers. In practice there’ll hardly be an opportunity for me to enjoy my music undisturbed (and undisturbing) with them. When an opportunity arises I’ll probably prefer using my vintage Tannoy speakers.
icon10.gif

I agree, like I mentioned at the meet, you need to listen to them like they are speakers.... and when I can, I also vastly prefer speakers though the K1000 are on a higher level (quality wise). Hence, they are being sold now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #60 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure yet. I'm getting that odd feeling I had something to do on the 8th, but I just can't remember what it was.
blink.gif

Haha that is enoyin!
tongue.gif
We'll see. I hope you can make it though!
Too bad you were feeling not to good at the meet.
Oh, and wich Ultrasone were you using for gaming?

I also forgot to mention the Blow-Ups. How could I!! Soundwise they are bad but they are so much fun haha as can be seen on the pics! Thanx Rik for bringing them. Great to see them real-life on your head!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back