Mini Meet Maastricht June the 3rd 2007
Jun 3, 2007 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91

Sir Nobax

500+ Head-Fier
Well as this was my first meet i was quite impressed from beginning to end.
I didn't tried every headphone, on purpose, so i have a good reason to go to future meets.
Except for the "must-hear" headphones at the meet, i mostly tried the ones i always wanted to try, the HD-25, two Ultrasone's and the Grado SR-60.
The HD-25 where totally the opposite of what i expected; cold, sharp and a little bit "stingy", first i thought my Zen: Vision couldn't drive it properly but even with the help of an Amp it didn't got immensely better. Quite a shame, but that saved me some bucks. (before the meet i almost wanted to buy it actually)
The Ultrasone's are amazing (never heard a Ultrasone before), especially the edition 9, wow, just incredible. Perfectly balanced between laid-back and detail, and the build quality is supreme, though it is build like a casual headphone, unlike Stax' or the K1000.
The Grado SR-60 was 100% what i expected to be, fast and punchy, with a comparable sound-signature like my HQ-1700 (but with a deeper bass, and less screechy hi-mid's).

The meet itself was very good organized, it had enough space for everyone and there was a nice aura of friendliness and warmth (could also be the weather though
wink.gif
) . Sometimes the head-fi meet turned temporarily into a photo-fi meet, but that was very informative (for me) and a welcome change of topic when there was 'a silent passage' in the backyard.

Here are my picture's:
IMGP0226.jpg

IMGP0259.jpg

IMGP0281.jpg

IMGP0295.jpg

IMGP0297.jpg

IMGP0298.jpg

IMGP0283.jpg

IMGP0302.jpg

IMGP0307.jpg

Conclusion:

In my opinion a well succeeded meet, many thanks to Indra, and everybody else for this great day.

Jun 3, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 91
Thanx for starting this one!
We cleaned up the house and left afterwards to go out for dinner to talk about what we experienced. Just got back home and I am working through the pics. Am gonna post my impressions soon but not without photos haha
eggosmile.gif

All I wanna say right now it was a worthwile meet and I truly loved seeing all of you people (again). I had a great time and I hope everyone did.

Jun 3, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 91
What a splendid day this was!
smily_headphones1.gif

Lovely weather, good company, tasty food & drink, great gear, couldn't ask for better!
wink.gif

First off, BIG thanks to Indra & Bart for holding the meet at their lovely home and for being truly gracious hosts!
dude.gif
dude.gif

Major props all 'round as well to Hans Oosterwaal of Qables and audioXperience for sponsoring the meet, despite his not being able to attend.
cool.gif

It's getting late and I'm just a wee bit knackered from the drive and all the excitement, so I'll post pics and impressions tomorrow ASAP.
sleep_1.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #4 of 91
Sir Nobax, really great pictures! keep up the works. (and just to make it yourself easier on the light side get just 1 AF (auto focus) lens, so you can enjoy all of your camera's capabilities) All you great an nice people thank you for coming all the way to maastricht and sharing your gear and good time with us. See you all soon again I hope
smily_headphones1.gif

greetz Bart

Jun 3, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 91
Almost forgot ( big red face, huge shame ) A big thanx to hans from Qables for his sponsoring. very much appreciated! By the way, only 2 cables will make their way back to you.
Greetz Bart

Jun 3, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #7 of 91
I finished them. They are not all that good, and it is gonna take a ****-load of time to upload them but I am gonna try.....In the next post...

Jun 4, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #11 of 91
Head-Fi Bread haha! When you wanna listen to hps you have gotta eat them..!

Sweet Benjamin Future HPSupremeus haha!

Jun 4, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #12 of 91
So that were the pics. And it took long long time haha! We are going to bed I think. So tired now.
Many thanx to Hans. I really appreciated it and was a nice add. Too bad you couldn't make it. I hope your wife is allright now. And yes, you lost one cable to us
tongue.gif
Also many thanx to my bf (heubie, for the ones who are unfamiliar with him) for sharing his / our house to let me excersize my hobby in this magnificant place! Now we are going to bed.. Catch you on the Flipside!!!!Woehaaaa
And the ed9 were great! But more about that tomorrow (or I mean later on hi)

Jun 4, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #13 of 91
Very cool photos of your fun meet folks!

Some serious listening going on, that I can tell!!!

The headphone pastry looked, interesting, themed party food is always fun
wink.gif
lol

Look forward to further thoughts you share!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #14 of 91
Indra and Bart, thanks a lot for hosting! Attending has been a real pleasure.
Again, also thanks for bringing the lens/baseball bat and giving me the chance to try it before I bought it. Really appreciated. I thought that was particulary cool, besides headphones it was also a bit of a photography meet. Neat.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks to those who brought the vynil, had a great time browsing through them and playing a bunch.

The only thing really new to me was the Edition 9, and it sounds great! Unfortunatly, it has a typical headphone soundstage (though very wide), meaning that for me the sound came from slightly above and not in front. Because of that it's not for me. I can see why people like them, because it was impossible to hear that it was a closed headphone. The soundstage was freaking wide and open!

Great pictures Tristan and Indra, though I'm wondering just what I'm doing with the Blow Up Beyer in one of yours, Indra. I'll get revenge, I have a couple of you with it!
blink.gif

Besides that, I pretty much forgot to take pictures. Was too busy checking out the über zoom of my new toy.

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:25 AM Post #15 of 91
Nice pics guys. Seems that you all had a very good time, great!

Indra kind of extreme girl, sitting on the edge with Ed.9
tongue.gif

We need more impressions!!!
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back