Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested!
May 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #47 of 151
Depending on what day the meet takes place, I might be interested. I'm all the way in Mobile, but it's not like there's ever going to be anything closer than NC Florida for me to go to. I don't want to dismantle my whole setup for the meet, but I can bring an old dog-pad MD to run off somebody's Schiit and showcase the world's worst headphones as well. Considering I'm bringing no dedicated source gear, I could also pack the HD280 and SR60 if anybody's interested hearing them out of a CMoyBB.

Again, that's all preliminary. I'll give confirmation either way when we know the date.

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #53 of 151
Possibly interested, I've seen a couple of pairs of ATH-M50 and Grado around town already. Local in the NC Florida area. 

Equipment is:
-Fostex T50RP
-Sony MDR-V500

Nov 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #54 of 151
I live in Gainesville and am new to this hobby. I would be interested if there is another meeting. I only have a :

Headset: PSB M4U-2 (the amazing sound of these led me down this rabbit hole)

Source: nothing if note. I plan on getting a good DAP or a portable DAC like the HiFi M8 by Spring. Waiting to hear reviews on the upcoming DAP Fiio X-5.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #55 of 151
So I'm in Brunswick, Georgia, but not too far from Jacksonville. With enough notice I could make a weekday meet I suppose. I have a some equipment I could share.

Headphones:

Grado SR125i
Grado SR325is
Grado GS1000 (modified)
Grado RS1i
Grado HF1
Grado HF2
Grado PS1000 (may be at Grado getting some work done)
Mad Dogs
Beyerdynamic T90
Vmoda M80 (modified)
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 (slightly modified)
AKG K-280
Sennheiser HD650
Koss Pro4AAA

Amps:
Schiit Asgard
JDS labs C5
Grado HPA-1

Sources:
GO Dap DD Socket 1
Blue Circle USB thingy

Nov 13, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #56 of 151
great. I've also seen a bunch of M50s and an sr325i or two around so I'm sure there are at least a couple of head-fiers or friends of head-fiers around. thanks
hDIQWz

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #58 of 151
I think we should make this happen in Jacksonville in February.  I am a property manager for a bank, so I have some vacant properties that we can probably set up shop in and hold about 50-60 people, although I doubt we will have that many.  I may also have some meeting rooms in some of the hotels in our portfolio. I will look though my list  and post in the next week or so.  I got some new V-Moda gear (M-80 and M-100) as well as some new Vsonic and Etymonic iems. I think we can come up with some fun gear to share.

Most likely we would hold it on a Friday evening or Saturday at lunch time, so if you have a preference post or PM me and I will work toward the majority vote.

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #60 of 151
Hello I live near Miami in a town called Sunny Isles, I wish I could join you guys but I won't be in Florida until march, and even then I'll have to figure out a way to persuade my group to go there with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back