Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested!
Feb 6, 2013 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 151

MalVeauX

Headphoneus Supremus
Heya,

So there's never much audio action it seems in Florida, especially North/Central Florida. I'm looking to setup a mini-meet with some other people interested in just having a fun day of audio.

I'm located in Gainesville. I'm willing to drive any where that is roughly up to 2 hours away. My schedule is tight. I can only do weekdays (not weekends). My best days are Wednesday & Thursdays. I would like to get a list going of other Florida people in the area that would be interested in mini-meets and are willing to leave their house for a day and possibly even, gasp, drive some where for something like this. I would also like to get a list of equipment for each person too, at least to have an idea of what would be there for people to try, since a bunch of people with the same stuff are not really going to want to just try the same thing they already have for example. It would also just help to get people interested if there's more exotic things, or simply things they have not yet experienced but would like to try.

If you're interested at all, please post in this thread with any equipment you're willing to bring/share so I can add you to this list.

Also, if you know someone around Head-Fi (or any where frankly), please let them know about this. It would be great to generate a handful of people with better variable of equipment to make it interesting for everyone.

As of February 6th, 2013:

Head-Fi Members of Florida interested in meets:

MalVeauX - Gainesville

1. Headphones Available:
  2. Hifiman HE500 (balanced)
  3. Denon D5000 (balanced)
  4. Beyer DT770 premium 600ohm (balanced)
  5. Grado SR80 (balanced)
  6. Grado SR125
  7. Various Beaters (Philips Uptowns, Sony XB500, Panasonic HTF600, Sony MDRZX500, etc)
  8. Source Equipment Available:
  9. Fiio E10
  10. Fiio E11
  11. Sansa Fuze
  12. JDS Labs Objective 2 (O2)
  13. Little Dot MK III
  14. Audio GD NFB 12
  15. Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2
  16. Emotiva Mini-X A-100 (speaker amp)

Zalithian - Gainesville

1. IEM's Available:
  1. Soundmagic E10
  2. Panasonic RP-HJE900
  1. Headphones Available:
  2. Vmoda M-80
  1. Source Equipment Available:
  1. Sansa Clip+

Dwatanabe - Gainesville

1. Headphones Available:
  2. Hifiman HE400
  3. Grado SR225
  4. IEM's Available:
  5. Hifiman RE0
  6. JVC FXD80
  7. Heir 3.ai
  8. Source Equipment Available:
  9. Matrix M-Stage
  10. Schiit Modi
  11. Sansa Clip+

DaddyMojo - Jacksonville

1. Headphones Available:
  2. AudioTechnica M50
  3. Vmoda Crossfade LP2
  4. IEM's Available:
  5. Klipsch x7i
  6. Klipsch S4
  7. Bose IE2

Gnomeplay - Englewood

1. Headphones Available:
  2. Audeze LCD2
  3. Source Equipment Available:
  4. Schiit Modi
  5. Schiit Magni
  6. Schiit Lyr

DivergeUnify - Tallahassee

1. Headphones Available:
  2. Sennheiser HD650
  3. Grado SR325i
  4. Vmoda M-100
  5. Source Equipment Available:
  6. Fiio E7
  7. Fiio E9

RochRx7 - Jacksonville

1. Interested in attendance

Cliffm - Jacksonville

1. Headphones Available:
  2. Ultrasone PRO 750
  3. Ultrasone PRO DJ1
  4. IEM's Available:
  5. Aurosonics (custom fit)
  6. Source Equipment Available:
  7. AMB Labs Mini3
  8. Apogee Duet II

Satori - Orlando

1. Headphones Available:
  2. Grado RS-2
  3. Soul SL150
  4. Source Equipment Available:
  5. CMOY Amp

DonaldLL - Miami

1. Headphones Available:
  2. Audeze LCD-2
  3. Audeze LCD-3
  4. AKG K550
  5. Source Equipment Available:
  6. Schiit Gungjir
  7. Schiit Mojolnir
  8. Dragonfly

Dekoomer - Ft Lauderdale

1. Headphones Available:
  2. Sennheiser HD800
  3. Source Equipment Available:
  4. Schiit Bifrost
  5. Schiit Lyr

The Dan of Steel - Tampa

1. Headphones Available:
  2. Grado SR225 Headphile Modded
  3. Alessandro MS1
  4. Logitech UE 6000
  1. AKG K240S
  2. IEM's Available:
  3. TF10
  4. Source Equipment Available:
  5. Benchmark DAC 1
  6. Oppo Disc Player
  7. Bithead
  8. E5
  9. Pimeta
  10. CMOY
  11. I.fuzen HP1

Very best,

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 151
Bump. I'm already on the list, and unfortunately I don't have much to offer in the way of full sized cans right now, but I'll probably still have at least one solid top tier pair of IEMS, if anyone would like to test them out. It's subject to change, but currently I anticipate to be keeping the SM3v2.

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 151
Quote:
Bump. I'm already on the list, and unfortunately I don't have much to offer in the way of full sized cans right now, but I'll probably still have at least one solid top tier pair of IEMS, if anyone would like to test them out. It's subject to change, but currently I anticipate to be keeping the SM3v2.

Cool, let me know if the above list is correct. Simply list out anything you have that you're willing to share.

Very best,

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 151
I'm also in Gainesville and l'm interested in meeting up. I don't have a  lot of stuff but i'd love to try out some of the things you guys have posted.

Full-sized:
-Hifiman he400
-Grado SR225

IEM:
-HIfiman re-zero
-JVC FXD80
-heir 3.ai(soon)

Source:
-Matrix M-stage with class-a biasing mod
-schiit modi
-sansa clip+(prob

Feb 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #5 of 151
Quote:
I'm also in Gainesville and l'm interested in meeting up. I don't have a  lot of stuff but i'd love to try out some of the things you guys have posted.

Full-sized:
-Hifiman he400
-Grado SR225

IEM:
-HIfiman re-zero
-JVC FXD80
-heir 3.ai(soon)

Source:
-Matrix M-stage with class-a biasing mod
-schiit modi
-sansa clip+(prob

Awesome,

More Gainesville hifi and some more gear. Lovely. I would be awesome to have a few more Gainseville people crop up. I've seen a few people around town with various things, from a Beyer MMX 300 to some M50's, just out in town. So would be interesting to see what's hiding in the basements of the swamp.

Very best,

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 151
I am in Jacksonville, but I can drive in with my son on Thursday afternoons, if weekends are out.  We are fairly new to head.fi, but we have a few headphones and iems including:

Headphone Inventory

Bose IE2
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
V-Moda LP2
Klipsch x7i
Klipsch S4

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 151
Quote:
I am in Jacksonville, but I can drive in with my son on Thursday afternoons, if weekends are out.  We are fairly new to head.fi, but we have a few headphones and iems including:

Headphone Inventory

Bose IE2
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
V-Moda LP2
Klipsch x7i
Klipsch S4

Excellent! I'm also willing to go to Jacksonville if there is a bigger group of people there. I fish in Jax often.

Very best,

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #8 of 151
Will most likely be able attend, if plans are made far enough in advance and the venue isn't terribly far. Not sure that I could really go any more north than gainesville, as that's already a bit too much.

Will be able to bring the LCD2s as an addition to the meet, as well as the magni/modi/Lyr if they aren't already availible.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #9 of 151
Quote:
Will most likely be able attend, if plans are made far enough in advance and the venue isn't terribly far. Not sure that I could really go any more north than gainesville, as that's already a bit too much.

Will be able to bring the LCD2s as an addition to the meet, as well as the magni/modi/Lyr if they aren't already availible.

Awesome,

LCD2's and the Schiit stacks are a hot item for a lot of people.

Very best,

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #10 of 151
Quote:

Awesome,

More Gainesville hifi and some more gear. Lovely. I would be awesome to have a few more Gainseville people crop up. I've seen a few people around town with various things, from a Beyer MMX 300 to some M50's, just out in town. So would be interesting to see what's hiding in the basements of the swamp.

Very best,

Nice, I'm looking forward to the meet then. I've also seen a bunch of M50s and an sr325i or two around so I'm sure there are at least a couple of head-fiers or friends of head-fiers around. 

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #11 of 151
I'm in Tallahassee and I would love to have a meet.  I have HD650s, Grado SR325is, soon to have V-Moda M100, and the Fiio E7/E9 amp

I'm willing to drive to Jacksonville or Gainsville.  I just need to hear some of those Hifimans and Audeze haha

Mon/Thu/Friday would work best for me 

Feb 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #12 of 151
My gear has changed quite a bit recently. I will probably just have the following for the meet:

Headphones:
V-Moda M80
Soundmagic E10
Panasonic RP-HJE900

Sources:
Sansa Clip+
ASUS N53SV Laptop

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #13 of 151
Quote:
Nice, I'm looking forward to the meet then. I've also seen a bunch of M50s and an sr325i or two around so I'm sure there are at least a couple of head-fiers or friends of head-fiers around. 

Gainesville has to have a few lying around in their basements. Just gotta get the word out.

Quote:
I'm in Tallahassee and I would love to have a meet.  I have HD650s, Grado SR325is, soon to have V-Moda M100, and the Fiio E7/E9 amp

I'm willing to drive to Jacksonville or Gainsville.  I just need to hear some of those Hifimans and Audeze haha

Mon/Thu/Friday would work best for me 

Excellent, added your information. HD650's and SR325i's are always a favorite.

Quote:
My gear has changed quite a bit recently. I will probably just have the following for the meet:

Headphones:
V-Moda M80
Soundmagic E10
Panasonic RP-HJE900

Sources:
Sansa Clip+
ASUS N53SV Laptop

Cool man, updated. Sold your IEM's?

Very best,

Feb 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #14 of 151
Great :)

I also have another friend who might attend.  He has Sonny MDR V6s, AKG K550s, Shure 840s, and another pair that is the equivalent of AKG K240s.  I'll let you know to add to the list if he is a go

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #15 of 151
I would love to hear the Shures and the AKG's. if you guys want to come to Jacksonville, I can find a good location for us. I manage commercial properties and I have some vacant space that we can use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back