Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested!
Mar 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #32 of 151
South florida, near the fort lauderdale area.  in broward county. I don't have a laptop or anything of that sort, so i have no idea how am going to run my biforst/lyr unless their's spare computers laying around the meeting place.

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #33 of 151
Quote:
South florida, near the fort lauderdale area.  in broward county. I don't have a laptop or anything of that sort, so i have no idea how am going to run my biforst/lyr unless their's spare computers laying around the meeting place.

Cool.

Yea, I would be able to bring additional source setups to run things from.

Very best,

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #35 of 151
Quote:
Any information of when and where this meet up is going to take place?

Am prepare for hours long drives.

Heya,

Nothing solid made yet. Still trying to get enough people who can actually gather together on the same day with enough interesting variable equipment to make it worth while for everyone. We have a good dozen or so people now, which is way more than we had in the past interested, so maybe this will be sufficient. Even having 8 people would be nice, with variable equipment for people to sample.

Just looking for a good place to meet and a good date for everyone. Completely open to suggestions of course. Location and date are completely in the air if anyone has any input on this.

Very best,

Mar 12, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #36 of 151
Well I guess it may be time to start sending pm's to the people that's on the list, perhaps we can have a meet up in a location that's kind of like in the Center of where everyone lives, if you know what i mean?

and would this place be some kind of rent out, or will it be hosted by someone who's on the list. (my place is too small)

Mar 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #37 of 151
I'm new to Tampa. Came from NY. I was at the first annual Head-Fi meet and a couple of subsequent ones. Been off Head-Fi for a few years. I'd like to meet up too. I don't have much but I can bring an Oppo disc player Benchmark Dac1, headphiled SR225, Alessandro MS1, UE6000, TF10, K240S, I have a ton of budget-fi (porta, sporta, ksc75&35, 8323 & 8320, she3590, 2 versions of PK3, ep630, should have a clip+ by friday). Amps I have are all portables bithead, E5, pimeta, self built cmoy oh and I just got the I.fuzen hp1.

Mar 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #38 of 151
Quote:
I'm new to Tampa. Came from NY. I was at the first annual Head-Fi meet and a couple of subsequent ones. Been off Head-Fi for a few years. I'd like to meet up too. I don't have much but I can bring an Oppo disc player Benchmark Dac1, headphiled SR225, Alessandro MS1, UE6000, TF10, K240S, I have a ton of budget-fi (porta, sporta, ksc75&35, 8323 & 8320, she3590, 2 versions of PK3, ep630, should have a clip+ by friday). Amps I have are all portables bithead, E5, pimeta, self built cmoy oh and I just got the I.fuzen hp1.

Seems like you have alot of fun stuff, Maybe i'll try one or two. but i think i will have my eyes set on the LCD 3. am really eagar to see how my music will sound like coming from those cans.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #39 of 151
Is this mini-meet over already? I just found it and I'm interested. I'm in Davie so it's a bit I a drive out to Jacksonville or Gainesville. Plus I gotta convince my parent to take me. (They are not accepting of me trying to get started in this hobby)
I don't have anything to offer except my superlux hd681
If you guys can come up with a solid reason for me to tell my parents to take me there that would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #40 of 151
Quote:
Is this mini-meet over already? I just found it and I'm interested. I'm in Davie so it's a bit I a drive out to Jacksonville or Gainesville. Plus I gotta convince my parent to take me. (They are not accepting of me trying to get started in this hobby)
I don't have anything to offer except my superlux hd681
If you guys can come up with a solid reason for me to tell my parents to take me there that would be greatly appreciated.

Nope, not yet.

You can tell them you're studying to be a sound-engineer.. 
experiencing audio gear is essential in your field of study.. 
that you're going to be making hundreds of thousands of dollars..
and you will retire them to the Keys.
Get your dad a shirt, some clubs, and directions to some golf courses in the Jax/Ponte Vedra area.

You should be all set. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #42 of 151
Quote:
Nice but I tried the whole sound engineer thing but they didn't buy it.
frown.gif
I really want to go. Also is my superlux good enough? I know it's not that great

Hmh.. maybe try surrounding your pc/work area with audio books (not sound+vision/crutchfield) but actual audio engineering books.. Print some large Frequency Response graphs and hang them all around your room. If you're serious about it.. (or at least look the part).. your parents would/should start giving you more leeway.

I'd suggest going to flea markets/garage sales/craigslist.. and start collecting audio gear.. you can find some REALLY good stuff out there for cheap.

If all else fails.. yell at your parents for never supporting you.. tell them you never ask for anything.. and all you want is support for your dreams and goals.

If THAT fails.. then dye your hair black and pump up the music... You'll just have to wait til' your older with your own transportation and money :)

Hope this helps.  

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #43 of 151
Hmh.. maybe try surrounding your pc/work area with audio books (not sound+vision/crutchfield) but actual audio engineering books.. Print some large Frequency Response graphs and hang them all around your room. If you're serious about it.. (or at least look the part).. your parents would/should start giving you more leeway.

I'd suggest going to flea markets/garage sales/craigslist.. and start collecting audio gear.. you can find some REALLY good stuff out there for cheap.

If all else fails.. yell at your parents for never supporting you.. tell them you never ask for anything.. and all you want is support for your dreams and goals.

If THAT fails.. then dye your hair black and pump up the music... You'll just have to wait til' your older with your own transportation and money :)

Hope this helps.  

Haha made me chuckle a bit. So helped a bit. Also how do I make posts in the for sale and trading forums?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back