Mini-Meet in FLORIDA. North/Central area. Look here if interested!
Jun 19, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #123 of 151
  I'll be bringing my Stax SRD-7 energizer, normal bias 6-pin, circa 1977. Will that work ?

Unfortunately, it and the matching h/ps are my only bit of high-quality h/p gear. I'm looking to upgrade the energizer unit to an amp with both normal and pro bias outputs, so I have a flexible upgrade path, but I probably won't have done that before the gathering in Leesburg. 

d.d.

Supposedly that will work.

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #124 of 151
  I am interested in Leesburg meeting as well because I live in Orlando area. Of course it depends on date because I can only do weekends and have a 2nd baby on the way in August.
I can bring my HD600, Crack with speedball and an Esoteric D70 DAC.

That would be awesome if you can make it. I haven't had the chance to hear the HD600 and would like to compare it to my HD650.

Hi All: In the last couple of days, it has become apparent that there were several people that had prior commitments on the 19th. of July.
This morning I checked with the secretary at our clubhouse & found that the next Saturday, July 26 was also open. Changing the date should make it possible for those who were tied up on the 19th. to attend; it will also give me another week of lead time to plan.

THE NEW & FINAL DATE FOR THE SUMMER MEET IS SATURDAY JULY 26, 2014!!!!

Please let me know if you plan to attend & what equipment you are planning to bring. Contact me either in this thread or by P.M.

Bill Wilson

I still plan to attend, and have updated my calendar for the new date.

I can bring my DT770 Pro 80, DT880/600, HD650, Modi, La Figaro 336C, and a stock BH Crack if I build it in time.

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #125 of 151
Got a pass from the wife so I'm confirmed.
beerchug.gif

Here is what I plan on bringing:
Bitfrost Uber
Valhalla
Koss ESP-950
HD800
T1
Shure SE-846
AK240 w/balance Noble 6

I have more portable gear which I could bring if anyone is interested in something specific. I have everything in my profile.

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #127 of 151
Hey guys, I'm brand new here to the forums but I've always cared about decent audio. I am from Tampa and can be a maybe for this event at the time being. If I can go, I'd bring:

Tampa

Sony MDR-V6
Sennheiser HD-202s (my first pair of cheap decent phones under $30)

Yamaha MSP5 studio powered monitors

Also, I'd be interested if in the future we could even make a two-day event out of it - maybe even invite some businesses to promote their audio stuff, etc. Of course, that requires a lot more planning and coordinating for places/venues, etc. Also, if possible in the future is Orlando a terribly long haul from G'Ville?

Cheers,
Jon

Jul 7, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #130 of 151
This thread has become unmanageable, so I have started a new one titled "Central Fla. Mini Meet Confirmed for Sat. July 26th. Please post any further comments or information in the new topic.

Thank You:

Bill Wilson  aka Sewerguy

Jul 30, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #132 of 151
+1...I would also like to see some of the pictures...I know a lot were taken during the meet.

Aug 29, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #134 of 151
For some reason the thread for this meet got locked so we opened up a new one and posted a few photos.  Unfortunately, we were wrapping things up when these photos were taken so you don't see much of the gear.  Great event and there was talking of having another later this year or early 2015.

New thread:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/728761/central-florida-mini-meet-july-26-2014

Aug 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #135 of 151
  For some reason the thread for this meet got locked so we opened up a new one and posted a few photos.  Unfortunately, we were wrapping things up when these photos were taken so you don't see much of the gear.  Great event and there was talking of having another later this year or early 2015.

New thread:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/728761/central-florida-mini-meet-july-26-2014

You got a PM. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back