Mikhail (Singlepower) you win...or maybe you're losing...
May 10, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #151 of 297
Since when was Head-Fi renamed as the Sigmund Freud Society? We sure seem to have a lot of amateur psychiatrists around here all of a sudden. Oh, and marriage counselors.

Can we at least make some faint effort to stick to the facts, and keep the (however formed) opinions and character assassinations within the realm of reason. If nothing else, can we leave any further armchair medical diagnosis out of the discussion here? Is that too much to ask? <-- That was a rhetorical question, in case you were wondering.

May 10, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #153 of 297
why is there talk about bipolar disorder? i looked back couple of pages (went to around page 7) and didnt see anything stating that mikhail has bipolar disorder.

May 10, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #154 of 297
...fyi...as a former practicing attorney there are also issues of libel/defamation of character which could arise....and this thread would be a gold mine for an attorney...

come to think of it, and torts were not my specialty, but tortious interference of contracts could also be a basis for redress, except of course that fair commentary by parties with direct dealings with Mikhail is protected speech

May 10, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #155 of 297
While I am refraining from rendering any specific diagnosis here I am a physician qualified to do so. To be maturely circumspect as to how such a Shakespearean descent could have occurred without considering the possibility of a concurrent psychiatric condition would be irresponsible. Olblueyes is being very fair when he makes indirect observations drawn from his own experiences. He shouldn't, however, bet the farm. Not in writing at least.

May 10, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #156 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boilingfrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I am refraining from rendering any specific diagnosis here I am a physician qualified to do so. To be maturely circumspect as to how such a Shakespearean descent could have occurred without considering the possibility of a concurrent psychiatric condition would be irresponsible. Olblueyes is being very fair when he makes indirect observations drawn from his own experiences. He shouldn't, however, bet the farm. Not in writing at least.

Me too, but I still deleted one of my diagnoses, made from direct observation of the subject last summer.
tongue.gif

May 10, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #157 of 297
Attorney A: "So tell me <head-fi'er X> what degree in psychiatry do you hold?"
<Head-fi'er X>: "....aaahhhhhh...."
Attorney A: "...and on what occasion did you conduct a psychiatric evaluation of Mikhail?"
<Head-fi'er X>: "....aaahhhhhh...."

...sorry, I couldn't resist...

May 10, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #158 of 297
so...i was hoping that someone could answer my question overlooked above. why is it that we are talking about disorder with mikhail? i dont see anywhere in the previous page about mikhail having bipolar disorder

May 10, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #159 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so...i was hoping that someone could answer my question overlooked above. why is it that we are talking about disorder with mikhail? i dont see anywhere in the previous page about mikhail having bipolar disorder

Some posts have been deleted - I think wisely so - by other moderators. I think it would be best to leave any further armchair discussion off this site, thanks.

May 10, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #160 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was commenting on these original quotes. Then someone else brought up bi polar. So I thought I would say something sorry.

Quote:

He and Galena even visited socially at one point. Yet as his mental state began to progressively unravel eventually that relationship changed dramatically.

Quote:

In truth I believe he is the victim of a progressive mental illness that has left him financially destitute and very much alone. This will just be one for the storybooks.

The intent of my original post was to verify to the head-fi community that yes in fact Mikhail is still in business, and that Boilingfrog may be right in saying that his paid in full ES 2 just might be for sale. Thats all. Sorry we got off track!

May 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #161 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some posts have been deleted - I think wisely so - by other moderators. I think it would be best to leave any further armchair discussion off this site, thanks.

I'm sorry if some of my legal observations were a buzzkill to discussion---indeed, i find the backstory more interesting than the lead story sometimes---but people have to appreciate that while you might be safe and secure in your cave with your slippers on, the minute you hit the "Submit Reply" button it has the same legal power and ramifications of the front page of the New York Times...AND for the writer, the same responsibility....this is not meant as a disincentive to vigorous debate but as a reminder of its downstream effect in the social and legal worlds

May 10, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #162 of 297
I think it's more likely that the backlog of work he has stacked up has made him depressed, and when you are depressed you don't work effectively.

May 10, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #163 of 297
Am I the only one who finds it mind boggling that people here are actually concerned with potential slander/libel of Mikhail when he is the one who has, without question, committed a federal crime (mail fraud)?

May 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #164 of 297
Just passing by...

Why doesn't he come up on this forum and explain anything?
I know U are reading this man!

May 10, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #165 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one who finds it mind boggling that people here are actually concerned with potential slander/libel of Mikhail when he is the one who has, without question, committed a federal crime (mail fraud)?

I hope you are the only one. Regardless of what he's done, it's more that a bit much to engage in slanderous armchair psychoanalysis...not to mention dragging his wife into it.

A good acid test would be if reading something posted about someone who IMHO deserves a good comeuppance makes you want to take a shower. I would hope that we're all better than that, but maybe I'm wrong.

I mean, what next? Care to drag his mother into it too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back