Mikhail (Singlepower) you win...or maybe you're losing...
May 10, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #166 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's more likely that the backlog of work he has stacked up has made him depressed, and when you are depressed you don't work effectively.

This is certainly a generous thought. But I unable to bring myself to extrapolate from the above defense that a backlog of work and subsequent depression would cause someone to lie, cheat, steal and commit mail fraud.

To say he has retreated from communicating and is seemingly overwhelmed from his situation for whatever reasons seems plausible until you see how quickly he still responds to email inquiries to make a sale. When I saw that my head almost exploded. Additionally, he seems to have zero problem meeting shipping deadlines with his ebay customers. About that...

I have spoken to at least one headfier who stated Mikhail asked him to sell some of his equipment for him because he needed money and he didn't want people to know it was coming from him. Hello!

I'm emotionally conflicted here. On the one hand I believe that mental illness has driven him to a desperate place.(fine, sue me!) For this I can have tremendous compassion. On the other side there is the deceptive dishonesty he has resorted to in order to cope with his consequences. For this i have zero understanding.

The real irony here is that this is someone who built as much of his early reputation and branding on being an honest and genuine friend as he did from being a gifted amp builder. Now, he uses that same charm and affability, like a good con man, to disarm people so he can steal them blind.

In a nut shell I believe this last thought speaks best to what so many people find so incredulous about what is going on now.

May 10, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #167 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by bergman2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...fyi...as a former practicing attorney there are also issues of libel/defamation of character which could arise....and this thread would be a gold mine for an attorney...

come to think of it, and torts were not my specialty, but tortious interference of contracts could also be a basis for redress, except of course that fair commentary by parties with direct dealings with Mikhail is protected speech

How much are you charging for that post?

May 10, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #168 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope you are the only one. Regardless of what he's done, it's more that a bit much to engage in slanderous armchair psychoanalysis...not to mention dragging his wife into it.

A good acid test would be if reading something posted about someone who IMHO deserves a good comeuppance makes you want to take a shower. I would hope that we're all better than that, but maybe I'm wrong.

I mean, what next? Care to drag his mother into it too?

Talk about missing the point. I didn't say anything about his wife or mother for that matter.

I find it incredible that people are actually concerned about this guys "reputation", as if he had one left to defend.

If he actually filed a lawsuit for slander/libel, he would not recover anything because he would have to show damage to his reputation. How in the hell would he be able to do that?

May 10, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #169 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Talk about missing the point. I didn't say anything about his wife or mother for that matter.

I find it incredible that people are actually concerned about this guys "reputation", as if he had one left to defend.

If he actually filed a lawsuit for slander/libel, he would not recover anything because he would have to show damage to his reputation. How in the hell would he be able to do that?

Yes, I'd say that you DID miss the point.

The point isn't that anyone frankly gives a damn about his reputation...at this point, I don't, and I doubt that others do either. You're confusing an objection to the level of discourse (in or around the gutter) with concern about some wrong that's being done to him.

The point is that his behavior, however bad it's been, doesn't give you, me, or anyone else license to engage in our own bad behavior by engaging in the disquieting armchair speculation that's been going on here. Frankly, it's giving me the creeps...and that has NOTHING to do with whether he "deserves" it or not.

The point at which this thread becomes anything other than a cataloging of his various and sundry issues with our membership is the point at which the thread IMHO becomes useless...and is therefore a candidate for being locked. We're getting to that point in a hurry.

May 10, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #170 of 297
elrod-tom;5673376 said:
I hope you are the only one. Regardless of what he's done, it's more that a bit much to engage in slanderous armchair psychoanalysis...not to mention dragging his wife into it.

Galena is a wonderful person and it wasn't my intention to "drag her" into this. On rereading my post maybe I shouldn't have speculated as to the current state of their relationship. I get the irrelevance of that.

The rest is that "elephant in the room" that no one wants to talk about largely because they aren't comfortable doing so or don't know how to. But in truth it goes to the heart of this whole matter. My comments are not about character assassination. They are about what I know to be true and totally relevant.

For the protection of this forum and its members you might not be comfortable with that even if it is 100% accurate. I can certainly understand not wanting to take that chance.

May 10, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #171 of 297
Dragging his wife into it is not appropriate, since it's pure speculation, but Mikal is a different subject. The evidence is overwelming against him. If calling a theif a theif slander or 'character' assassination I don't know what to say.

May 10, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #172 of 297
As far as I know, The "thief" had sent some amps out in last few months, he just simply ignore some of buyers while sending others the products. Poor custom service! if can't make that such amount of amps within a certain time don't take the money. I guess the lord may be right, it's no good to keep following the case

May 10, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #173 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dragging his wife into it is not appropriate, since it's pure speculation, but Mikal is a different subject. The evidence is overwelming against him. If calling a theif a theif slander or 'character' assassination I don't know what to say.

I don't, by the way, think that it is.

May 10, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #174 of 297
Did I mention that I have been dancing with Mikhail for close to 4 years? We are talking about an SDS-XLR that I received after 2 years but never ever performed properly. It was sent back and forth countless times and I haven't seen it for close to 2 years! It was the one Mikhail had at the International Meet in '07 with the blue anodized columns. I even paid to have it overnighted to him after he begged me to do so so he could have it in time for the show(along with a pair of my own R10s). I never got reimbursed or got the amp back. Ever. An ES1 that I payed full price for to only receive a piece of crap prototype not worth 1/10th of what I payed for it. Then we agreed to build the ES2 and he would keep the SDS-XLR. It's been another 2 years and that amp has been in my possession 3 times for no more than a couple of days before having to go back because of malfunctions and ridiculously POOR BUILD QUALITY issues like you have no idea. Please don't make any excuses for this guy. This is NOT a customer service issue. I'm out more money than I ever want to be reminded of. If I had been keeping track over the years of all the b**** this a**** has done you would be blown away! Yes, I know. That I could endure such punishment for so long suggests that there must be something wrong with me as well. I'm working on that. The rest... You can't imagine.

May 10, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #175 of 297
The guy makes really nice amps. They are very expensive. Many people paid him in advance and he has not delivered thier amps. Many other people sent thiers for repair and have never recieved them back again and they are unhappy with his customer service. Why he does this, No-one knows. SO.... If you want one.... Watch Out!! Don't pay anymore in advance than you are willing to loose in the gamble. If you get one and you like it, Great !

THE END !!

May 11, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #176 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much are you charging for that post?

HA! ... freebie ... i'm running a head-fi'er special this month

May 11, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #177 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by bergman2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...fyi...as a former practicing attorney there are also issues of libel/defamation of character which could arise....and this thread would be a gold mine for an attorney...

Doesn't even pass the red face test.

May 11, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #178 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The guy makes really nice amps...

Really?!? Recent evidence supports the contrary.

May 11, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #179 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't even pass the red face test.

"red face" test ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back