Middle-aged women keep striking up conversations with me
Oct 9, 2010 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
This has been happening quite a bit, often at the most random at times. This week alone, a south american women began speaking to me while at Starbucks. I told her I was Cambodian, she told me she loved our mangos. As I was leaving my interview, a woman born in the '60s (she told me) accosted me in the elevator and started to speak of all the countries she visited as a child. We continued to talk until she left the building. They were very nice people, it just seems odd that this keeps occurring. Do older women just like conversing with strangers? 

Oct 9, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 75
Too uncomfortable honestly, seeing as I picture myself a very stupid and immature child. 

Oct 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 75
It's your new suit dude.
wink_face.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #9 of 75
^ You're right. Especially consider I probably spend more time talking to older people than my own peers. 

Oct 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #12 of 75

Quote:
Just gonna say this really quick, your life's not going to get better until you stop devaluing yourself.  You should be your biggest supporter out of anyone in the world.

It's kind of cute when guys do it... at first. Then it just gets old and annoying after a while.

Oct 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #13 of 75

Quote:
Just gonna say this really quick, your life's not going to get better until you stop devaluing yourself.  You should be your biggest supporter out of anyone in the world.

It's a product of my youth and general idiocy. Didn't help that I lowered my standards in order to fit in with the rest of crowd, only to have them burn me. For example, a girl I fell fore told me to have more confidence, only to throw me away for a misogynist with no personality... who's spirits I also lifted when he was down. Gotta stay away from stupid people, else I end up one. 

Oct 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #14 of 75
Well here's to you, Mrs. Robinson. Heaven holds a place for those who pray. Hey, hey, hey.

Oct 9, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #15 of 75
^^ don't take it too personallly. Just saying..stay away from women who are crazy (i know i know its like an oxymoron). But always look out for the signs, ur friends don't approve of her, she doesn't hang out with her own friends much, controlling behaviour, PTSD, OCD, general craziness.... When it really comes down to it, doesn't matter if she's a super model and hella fun in bed, everything else goes out the window if the girl/woman is plain nuts.

As far as the topic at hand, they might be flirting with you or casually striking a conversation. If they were  flirting with you, then use the opportunity to fine tune your own flirting techniques and if it leads to it, learn from them the fine art of bodies squelching.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back