Mid-to-High-End 'Phones
May 11, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'll get better SQ from the Compass than the Zero + MKV, much better SQ compared to the stock Zero especially, not to mention that Zeros have a habit of randomly dying and that Little Dot's quality control is very dependant on how busy they are.

Anyway...what kind of music do you like? I'd suggest a considerably more expensive rig for K701s though.

Most definitely. My amp has a loose tube socket and a loose jack. None of which have any impact on the sound, things just wobble a little more than I'd like them to.

May 15, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I've heard about the DT990s is tha they're overly bassy and sound is less refined. The reason I don't buy Bose is because I don't want my bad recordings to sound decent, my decent recordings to sound great, and my great recordings to sound like crap.

Overly bassy? I listen to metal all day long...the bass is deep, tight and accurate. The DT990s truly shine with great recordings iff you have a good source.

May 15, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never recable. You'll be wasting your money. Just spend your money in some of the cans from above, some DAC or something like that and you're done.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back