Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Mar 17, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #1,771 of 1,855
How’s the Dragonscale 2? Did anyone else get it?

Frankly at this point I’m still enamoured of the GoldCrown and pretty much stunned by how resolving it is and the dimensionality and treble air that it is able to bring out in the Impact. To the extent I keep thinking of it when I’m not listening to it. So I’m open to taking a punt on another NiceHCK cable at the impending AE sale.

Anyone have experience of AuKing, RedGod or Wabizone or any of their other higher end offerings?
1000010497.jpg

black background, adds dynamism. it seemed that it did not add any colors to the sound, but the detail became higher. as usual, the stage is also wider.

1000010490.jpg

one small nuance is just a huge splitter and a 4.4mm jack cap.

The cable is medium in stiffness(elastic?), but there is no microphone effect.

Mar 17, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #1,772 of 1,855
Thanks for the opinions. What did you dislike about AuKing compared to the other two, and did you get it with or without the OFC plug?

For instance, I personally hear more stage depth and treble extension with the GoldCrown than AceOrpheus, which sounds darker. GoldCrown is more resolving as well.
In terms of musicality and overall balance, there are no complaints about Auking. I don't like its microdynamics, images are a bit muddy and the stage lacks depth. My Auking is of the OFC version. But it looks great. Parade look.

Mar 19, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #1,777 of 1,855
20 Hours of burn-in have passed. My White Snow cable is still sounding good but it did not improve a lot in my humble opinion. I was surprised how deep the bass can get with these cables. A real upgrade for bass lovers. The treble has a little splashiness but otherwise it sounds good.

Mar 19, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #1,778 of 1,855
NiceHCK make some very good cables. Trick is to get when they have sales
That said it is very easy to find yourself with a whole bunch of them very quickly

I have the SnowSG, MeetAlice, CoaxialSir Ultra, Grey Dragon, AceOrpheus, 1950 Saga and DualDragon
Meetalice and aceorpheus comparison ? Thanks again mate

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #1,779 of 1,855
Meetalice and aceorpheus comparison ? Thanks again mate

These cables are of different price points and performance levels. While being value for money, Meetalice is outclassed by Aceorpheus in every way in terms for details retrieval, soundstage and refinement

So it is a little pointless to compare them

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #1,781 of 1,855
20 Hours of burn-in have passed. My White Snow cable is still sounding good but it did not improve a lot in my humble opinion. I was surprised how deep the bass can get with these cables. A real upgrade for bass lovers. The treble has a little splashiness but otherwise it sounds good.
Burn-in status.

Hakugei White Snow: 20+ hours.
Hakugei Lothar: 11+ hours.

The Lothar sounds darker and this is what I have expected from a litz occ cable. Macro and micro-details do not really suffer it is just fact that the Lothar is less bright then the White Snow. The White Snow sounds slightly bright but with a strong impactful bass. Spacial cues are wonderful precise. Very very detailed cable, micro-details are more prominent. Slightly splashy in the treble. In comparision the Lothar is less splashy but sounds more dynamic. I haven't listened much to the Lothar cable while it was burning in, i was mostly at work while the cable was connected to my Sound Rhyme DTE500. The White Snow sounded superb and close to perfect but it was sometimes to splashy and too bright for example on cymbals. The Lothar tames the treble of my DTE500 properly. My current EQ setup is configured to match my DTE500 to the 64Audio Fortre Blanc with a bass boost. Hakugei White Snow was just a tiny little too bright for this set. My White Snow cable is now connected to my SR5 that I use for my gaming pc. I set the EQ on that PC to match the Fortre Blanc too (hehe) but this time it matches well with the IEM and the imaging is very good for gaming. MY DTE500 remains my listening IEM with this cable attached to it. Both cables have very little microphonics and have exceptional build quality.

Now it is time to listen to some music.

Mar 22, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #1,782 of 1,855
Burn-in status.

Hakugei White Snow: 20+ hours.
Hakugei Lothar: 11+ hours.

The Lothar sounds darker and this is what I have expected from a litz occ cable. Macro and micro-details do not really suffer it is just fact that the Lothar is less bright then the White Snow. The White Snow sounds slightly bright but with a strong impactful bass. Spacial cues are wonderful precise. Very very detailed cable, micro-details are more prominent. Slightly splashy in the treble. In comparision the Lothar is less splashy but sounds more dynamic. I haven't listened much to the Lothar cable while it was burning in, i was mostly at work while the cable was connected to my Sound Rhyme DTE500. The White Snow sounded superb and close to perfect but it was sometimes to splashy and too bright for example on cymbals. The Lothar tames the treble of my DTE500 properly. My current EQ setup is configured to match my DTE500 to the 64Audio Fortre Blanc with a bass boost. Hakugei White Snow was just a tiny little too bright for this set. My White Snow cable is now connected to my SR5 that I use for my gaming pc. I set the EQ on that PC to match the Fortre Blanc too (hehe) but this time it matches well with the IEM and the imaging is very good for gaming. MY DTE500 remains my listening IEM with this cable attached to it. Both cables have very little microphonics and have exceptional build quality.

Now it is time to listen to some music.
Thanks for the very lucid write up. I want to know how stiff these cables are.

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #1,783 of 1,855
I have a few of those and agree that NiceHCK make some very good cables, so long as you get them at the sale prices. My impressions:

Maple boosts bass without sounding muffled. Great for IEMs that need a bass boost but get sibilant with cables that have a more typical “U-shaped” tuning. Very useful if you can get it for under ~$60.

SilverCat really deep, satisfying bass balanced by a modest treble boost. I was recommended this on the Low End Cables thread and really think it’s great for the typical ~$30 sale price.

MeetAlice. I’ve not used it for a while as it’s in an IEM that I meant away, but my memory is that it is simply a nice and well balanced cable.

I also have BlackCat, BlackCat Ultra, SnowCat, PurpleSE, GreyDragon, BlackDawn, BlackSoul, FirstTouch, MeetAlice, BlueIsland, BlackJelly, SnowAG, RubyCat, GCT5, SuperBlue, Jialai JLDT3, StarDream, GreyRhino, RainbowTaiwan, CafeFlag, GreyFlag, MixPP, CoaxialSir, SkyFlag, OrangeSir, LitzOCC, Litz PS, C16-4, C16-5, and C24-2. Happy to answer questions if anyone wants.

And yes, I know I have a cable problem.
Hi, I am currently browsing through the sales of AE for IEM cable for my Salnotes Zero. The cable that came with them is horrible. It broke 2 weeks in and even the replacement cable is with same design flaw, so I will definitely need a better one. I will use it with Fiio BTR3 BT and wanted to ask for oppinion on the difference you can share between the BlackCat, PurpleSE, and OrangeSir. I am looking for a more neutral/warm sounding cable. Can you please recommend? I was also looking at the HAKUGEI Rice one, which is significantly more expensive than the ones mentione, so also if you have experience, please share. I might even pick up two while the sales last.

Mar 22, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #1,784 of 1,855
ISN SC4. 4 Cores of silver with a crystal copper inlay providing that detail from pure silver but with added note weight of crystal copper. Wider stage precision and retains what we love about bass. RP $109 It is more of a hybrid type cable providing enhancements of both silver and copper.
Ohh ... the HA-FDX1. I've tried 10+ cables on my FDX1 and ended up with a humble ISN S8 that gives more structure to the bass (weak spot of the JVC on all other cables), while taking care of some of the shoutiness (4.2 kHz peak, I'm oversensitive in that area) at the same time (on my trusty E1DA 9038S 3k). Apart from a pure silver 8-core XINHS cable I've never heard any other cable having that much of an influence on any of my 50+ IEMs and it's not for the lack of trying. To my ears this cable lifts those bad boys one tier up sonically, at least with my usual diet of jazz/fusion/acoustic vibes. YMMV.

1711110953024-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back