Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Aug 10, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #1,621 of 1,874
I got a delivery from Effect Audio.
Ares S 8W, Cadmus 8W and Eros S 1ST Anniversary Edition.

They succeeded my expectations so far, I look forward to cable roll and look for synergies on my IEMs. Already have some thoughts for some stellar pairings, but will try over some weeks and write down something on it. I respect both sides about cables, always been in the middle road of the beliefs.

1691700739430.png

Aug 10, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #1,622 of 1,874

They succeeded my expectations so far, I look forward to cable roll and look for synergies on my IEMs. Already have some thoughts for some stellar pairings, but will try over some weeks and write down something on it. I respect both sides about cables, always been in the middle road of the beliefs.

1691700739430.png
I really hope that you will try Ares S 8W with Aur Audio Neon Pro, really interested how they pair!

Aug 13, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #1,623 of 1,874
Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #1,624 of 1,874

1691700739430.png
Gorgeous pairing between your Neon Pro and Eros S 1st anniversary 🥰😎

If the sound fits the esthetics....... 🫶

It would be perfect too with my beloved Aure Ringo's... But the pairing with the Ares S Founders Edition is so... definitive (sound wise ; but the ergonomics are really great too ... and it's just a near perfect beauty, so it's ok)... 😅

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #1,625 of 1,874
Yeah its stunning together 😍

Doing testing today about pairings with my 3 AüR models, also done some earlier this week.

It depends what you look after in Neon Pro, I like to use Neon Pro for metal music paired with switch on. Then I do prefer to go for Eros, but if I go the other way with switch off. I love that fulness the Ares brings to the sound, but it takes a hit on the soundstage and openness of Eros.

Eros pushes the dynamics and resolving character of Neon Pro to higher level. And is my current favorite.

Gorgeous pairing between your Neon Pro and Eros S 1st anniversary 🥰😎

If the sound fits the esthetics....... 🫶

It would be perfect too with my beloved Aure Ringo's... But the pairing with the Ares S Founders Edition is so... definitive (sound wise ; but the ergonomics are really great too ... and it's just near perfect beauty, so it's ok)...

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #1,626 of 1,874
I'd love some recommendations from the cable lovers here :)

I'm not a cable believer, meaning I have not heard any differences between cables. That said, I'm open to it, and if I hear a difference I'm open for yet another rabbit hole :wink:

That said, my main two 'wants' for a cable are: lightweight, and a soft/supple cable. Price-wise, around 100 USD would be great

Right now I have a Penon Fiery, and though it's a nice cable, it does hold it shape, and is not supple enough

Aug 20, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #1,627 of 1,874
How do people feel about Hakugei cables? These 3 have caught my eyes: Antiquity, Healer, and Soul. Has anyone tried them?

The other that I have been looking at, is the Han Sound Audio NYX

Edit: Im not saying I'm impulsive/impatient, but I just placed an order for the Soul cable

Attachments

• hakugei-antiquity-litz-silver-earphone-cable-25-35-44-078-2pin-mmcx-hifigo-406961_800x800.jpg
    hakugei-antiquity-litz-silver-earphone-cable-25-35-44-078-2pin-mmcx-hifigo-406961_800x800.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
  • hakugei-healer-litz-high-purity-oxygen-fee-occ-copper-earphone-cable-35-25-44-mmcx-078-qdc-hi...jpeg
    hakugei-healer-litz-high-purity-oxygen-fee-occ-copper-earphone-cable-35-25-44-mmcx-078-qdc-hi...jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 0
  • hakugei-soul-4-strands-litz-6n-occ-earphone-cable-44-35-25-078-mmcx-qdc-a2dc-ie80-earphone-ca...jpeg
    hakugei-soul-4-strands-litz-6n-occ-earphone-cable-44-35-25-078-mmcx-qdc-a2dc-ie80-earphone-ca...jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 20, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #1,628 of 1,874
How do people feel about Hakugei cables? These 3 have caught my eyes: Antiquity, Healer, and Soul. Has anyone tried them?

Edit: Im not saying I'm impulsive/impatient, but I just placed an order for the Soul cable
I have the healer in my favourites for 2 years

Aug 20, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #1,629 of 1,874

They are pretty good for the price and better sounding than XINHS cables. I only have the Healer and it's bassy, has very good stage size like a high end cable, and the treble is on the less polished side.

Aug 26, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #1,630 of 1,874
That said, my main two 'wants' for a cable are: lightweight, and a soft/supple cable. Price-wise, around 100 USD would be great

You may be interested in Wagnus’ “budget” gateway Lily series which is readily available on Amazon.jp (the rest of their cables mostly have to be ordered directly from them or through a forwarder from Japan).

There are several and each of them targets different parts of the frequency range, depending on what you’re after. Here’s Fiery and Easter Lily for comparison:

IMG_8280.jpeg

Having said that, I’d swing for one of the Sheep if it’s even remotely within your budget.

Aug 26, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #1,631 of 1,874
You may be interested in Wagnus’ “budget” gateway Lily series which is readily available on Amazon.jp (the rest of their cables mostly have to be ordered directly from them or through a forwarder from Japan).

There are several and each of them targets different parts of the frequency range, depending on what you’re after. Here’s Fiery and Easter Lily for comparison:

IMG_8280.jpeg

Having said that, I’d swing for one of the Sheep if it’s even remotely within your budget.
Great suggestion, I was actually looking at those, but had no idea they were also sold through Amazon Japan. Great tip, thanks!

Aug 26, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #1,632 of 1,874
Great suggestion, I was actually looking at those, but had no idea they were also sold through Amazon Japan. Great tip, thanks!

One thing to note about Wagnus cables though, the sleeving makes them a bit stiffer and more microphonic than you might expect. Personally it doesn’t bother me as I don’t move around much when listening, but it should be noted anyway. And if it doesn’t deter you either - go for it!

Edited to add: comparing the Fiery and Easter Lily with the Serial, I think the Easter Lily’s better layering and imaging is worth the trade off at almost the same price before tax. But ymmv, as always. If ergonomics is the main priority, perhaps check out Venture Electronics Vita.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #1,634 of 1,874
1693189997336.png

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/effect-audio-eros-s-1st-anniversary-edition.26684/

So these are like the old classic Cemas 175 cable but on steroids. I will have to compare these two more closely but I have a feeling these are using a bit less silver in the mix than Cemas 50-50% mix of silver and UPOCC copper. Reason why I say that is that these lean a touch more towards its UPOCC copper foundation for sound more so than pure silver. Not as bright as the 175 cables can be on IEMs. These are a gateway to much higher end IEM cables and belong to this thread as the RP is $350.

For folks that have them imagine an 8-core version of the Penon Mix and you might have a good idea of what these cables might be about.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #1,635 of 1,874

Hey Leonard, could you please tell me what storage case that is? Looks like a nice solution for a portable arsenal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back