Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Nov 29, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #556 of 1,867
What way would you describe the sound improvements?
It's very personal. What I like may not be what you like. The results of my pairings may also be different to the results of yours if you are using different IEMs and DAP/DAC/amp.

U18T is a little too bright to me on stock and other cables I have.. TWT reduce the brightness a little which is perfect to my liking and what I've been looking for.. I recently auditioned cables costing a few times the cost of TWT but the warm touch they give to my U18T plugged to DX220 Max are either too much or too little compared to TWT to me. As for the rest like soundstage, levels of details it just improves in all aspects generally compared to other cables at around the same price or cost more. Some other high end cables give better soundstage, separation, speed and details but each other them have their pros and cons when paired to different equipment. Again, it all depends on the users' preferences. The pairing just made me keep listening.

Another thing is the separation on balanced plug is just nice to my liking, I don't like too much separation until the music is focused on separation, i.e. left, right, left right until I lose the focus on the vocals in certain tracks.

Nov 29, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #557 of 1,867
It's very personal. What I like may not be what you like. The results of my pairings may also be different to the results of yours if you are using different IEMs and DAP/DAC/amp.

U18T is a little too bright to me on stock and other cables I have.. TWT reduce the brightness a little which is perfect to my liking and what I've been looking for.. I recently auditioned cables costing a few times the cost of TWT but the warm touch they give to my U18T plugged to DX220 Max are either too much or too little compared to TWT to me. As for the rest like soundstage, levels of details it just improves in all aspects generally compared to other cables at around the same price or cost more. Some other high end cables give better soundstage, separation, speed and details but each other them have their pros and cons when paired to different equipment. Again, it all depends on the users' preferences. The pairing just made me keep listening.

Another thing is the separation on balanced plug is just nice to my liking, I don't like too much separation until the music is focused on separation, i.e. left, right, left right until I lose the focus on the vocals in certain tracks.
Thanks for the impressions! Btw what are the names of the cables you mentioned that has 'better stage, detail and speed'?

Dec 1, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #559 of 1,867
This thread is kind of overwhelming... but useful. Would anyone be able to recommend an upgrade to Campfire's Smoky Litz? Is the Penon OSG kind of the go-to "mid-fi" cable upgrade, shy of breaking the four-figure mark? Are the lower-priced Penons typically an upgrade?

This is for a pair of Andromedas. I love their detail, separation and clarity and would like just... more.

Dec 1, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #560 of 1,867
You need to specify a "balanced" DAP connection for that end of your new cord. 2.5 or 4.4, which ever your source/DAP has. That will be an improvement over the CA cable. The OSG is a great choice for your Penon cable for Andros.

Dec 1, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #561 of 1,867
You need to specify a "balanced" DAP connection for that end of your new cord. 2.5 or 4.4, which ever your source/DAP has. That will be an improvement over the CA cable. The OSG is a great choice for your Penon cable for Andros.
Thank you. Yeah it'd be a 2.5 as my balanced amp only has XLR, so I use a Drop 2.5 to XLR adapter.

Dec 2, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #562 of 1,867
You know you have bought too many cables when Penon sends you a Christmas card. Got one from them today. Very nice.

Dec 6, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #563 of 1,867
I am still searching for the perfect cable for my Solaris. The CEMA was great but ergonomics where horrible.

Can anyone recommend a very good cable for the Solaris? Some say that a pure OCC silver cable is the way to go...

I consider:

- CEMA XS Series
- GUcraftsman silver

I would be very thankfull for your recs 😃

Dec 7, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #564 of 1,867
Im looking for a new cable. Nicehck c4-2 and Darkjade anyone used them before?

3B9A2555-FB4C-4C15-B416-08B1FF8FB394.jpeg

9A7273CF-0508-4C0C-B63E-0189FC5A14A0.jpeg

Dec 7, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #570 of 1,867
Im pretty sure the cable come from the same OEM company. Have you tried the cable before?

Nope just seen them on Drop, not a lot of review on them except from Penon OSG,
if you say them they're from the same OEM, you can read them here a few page back there should be few reviewnfor OSG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back