Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Nov 11, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #541 of 1,855
They are same cables
I checked with cema and fa and both say it's using pure silver, palladium plated silver and gps for the inner core whereas totem is using gpc and palladim plated silver only for inner core so I don't think they're the same. Different strand counts too. I'd expected the cema to be brighter due to it mainly being silver.

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #542 of 1,855
I’ve been A/bing 8 hours straight and they sound same to me. At Taobao, the raw reels of the green(Totem) and white(Tianwaitian) are being sold as same cable geometry unless I missed something.

later today I will try to a/b with the volt instead of the MEST

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #544 of 1,855
I’ve been A/bing 8 hours straight and they sound same to me. At Taobao, the raw reels of the green(Totem) and white(Tianwaitian) are being sold as same cable geometry unless I missed something.

later today I will try to a/b with the volt instead of the MEST
20201113_095009.jpg

Can confirm that there's copper in the totem core. Asked CEMA and they claim their core has no copper, just GPS, PPS and pure silver, so who knows haha

Attachments

• 20201112_233341.jpg
    20201112_233341.jpg
    816.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #545 of 1,855
My Tianwaitian arrived today. Presently breaking in on my good old Sony ZX 300. Sounds great so far, BUT... I do not like the curved coverings to wear behind my ears. Anyone have a good way to remove this extra sheath?

Nov 24, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #548 of 1,855
Came across the Crescent Moon cable from Cosmic Cables earlier, looked interesting as using the same materials as the Totem and Tianwaitian. They have a 10% off for Black Friday so ordered one, I'll add impressions when I get it.

https://www.cosmic-cables.co.uk/product-page/crescent-moon
Came across the Crescent Moon cable from Cosmic Cables earlier, looked interesting as using the same materials as the Totem and Tianwaitian. They have a 10% off for Black Friday so ordered one, I'll add impressions when I get it.

https://www.cosmic-cables.co.uk/product-page/crescent-moon
Very tempting this is as I'm from the UK and my 2 recent cable purchases have been really positive.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #549 of 1,855
But I wonder how much of that palladium they are using though. It seems as though every cable using that material get very favourable impressions. I hear stuff like the best possible bass, best detail and really textured sound. Don't know how true this is until I hear it for myself.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #550 of 1,855
But I wonder how much of that palladium they are using though. It seems as though every cable using that material get very favourable impressions. I hear stuff like the best possible bass, best detail and really textured sound. Don't know how true this is until I hear it for myself.

Not sure how much is in the cable but I've had the EA Leo II, Eletech Iliad and Penon Leo Plus. They all worked well, especially the Leo Plus which was the cheapest of the lot.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #551 of 1,855
Just pulled the trigger on the tianwaitian as it was impossible to resist. What convinced me further was how amazing my ag8 is sounding right now! Honestly, after 2 days use the sound has noticeably filled out giving some crazy sense of immersion and beautiful vocals. This is my best cable to date and the improvements I notice are more then alot of the side grade iems I have purchased over the years.

Nov 28, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #554 of 1,855
I like Tianwaitian with my U18T and ier-z1r so much that I ordered a second Tianwaitian for my Focal Utopia. Not sure whether they are enough for headphones but I can always reterminate them for IEM. Let's see how they compare to Danacable Lazuli ref which are my current favourite cables for Utopia.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #555 of 1,855
I like Tianwaitian with my U18T and ier-z1r so much that I ordered a second Tianwaitian for my Focal Utopia. Not sure whether they are enough for headphones but I can always reterminate them for IEM. Let's see how they compare to Danacable Lazuli ref which are my current favourite cables for Utopia.
What way would you describe the sound improvements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back