Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Aug 12, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #1,096 of 1,855
Aug 12, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #1,097 of 1,855
Cool, thats the silver and copper hybrid cable right? I'm feeling the looks of the full copper haha
Yes it's the hybrid silver and copper cable. Pure copper wires and pure silver wires.

Aug 12, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #1,098 of 1,855
Ill check this one out, Have you heard of the EA Ares S? I have heard its a decent match up with Hybrid IEMs

I was included on the Effect Audio cable tour and now own the ARES S and Cadmus. Cadmus is the silver plated UPOCC and the ARES S is the UPOCC. ARES S is one of the best pure copper cables but I can't say it is the best value for such cables as CEMA and even Penon both have comparable cables that are cheaper. If you have your heart set on a copper variety the ARES S is a great cable to go with.

EROS S brings a lot of detail and will lean out the mids profile a touch. It is a very highly resolving cable but I dont feel it is better than the Penon Mix or the Cema 175 cable that is both copper and pure silver mixed cables.

Not to mention both are cheaper. The ARES S is the safe bet as you can't go wrong with a higher end copper cable. Silver is both good and bad at the same time. You have to have the right tonal qualities for pure silver as it will enhance treble and brightness. If that is what your looking for something with some pure silver in it will help in that regard but otherwise if you want musicality, warmth and dynamics ARES S all the way.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #1,099 of 1,855
Hi, Just picked up my End game IEM's UM MEST MK2, Stupidly bought it with the 3.5mm cable and now looking to pickup a 4.4mm cable moving forward. Any suggestions on Quality cables (Very controversial but I lean more towards the look/feel/quality/flexibility side of upgrade cables), Love the look of copper cables, Open to cables that have swappable connectors, What cables do you guys suggest? Thanks
1660327765272.png
Check out what IEMs Twister here posted on his review for the 3 cables.

Aug 14, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #1,100 of 1,855
Hi,
I went through the 74 pages to get you recommendations on cables. I have IMR IEMs that have a full bodied sound and are not analytical a lot. Based on what I have read in this thread, I shortlisted 2 cables: Penon Mix, Cema 175 and Penon OS849 (although I was told that pure copper has better performance than SPC). Penon Leo Plus is unfortunately out of my budget. Between Mix, 175 and OS849 cables, which one would you recommend?
I have already ordered Cema PS Series that has a mix of paladium, copper and silver. I will share my feedback once I receive it

Aug 14, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #1,101 of 1,855
Is someone here knows the iem cables "Artic Cables" offer ?

Same question with "Satin Audio, monsters serie, Kraken III and Medusa III" .

Thanks 👍

Aug 14, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #1,102 of 1,855
Hi,
I went through the 74 pages to get you recommendations on cables. I have IMR IEMs that have a full bodied sound and are not analytical a lot. Based on what I have read in this thread, I shortlisted 2 cables: Penon Mix, Cema 175 and Penon OS849 (although I was told that pure copper has better performance than SPC). Penon Leo Plus is unfortunately out of my budget. Between Mix, 175 and OS849 cables, which one would you recommend?
I have already ordered Cema PS Series that has a mix of paladium, copper and silver. I will share my feedback once I receive it

Copper cables have its uses, I use pure copper cables on earphones with a bit too much treble emphasis or are analytical in tunings. Helps bring body to the sounds without highlighting the treble aspects of the tunings. SPC cables are actually more versatile as it usually adds on top of pure copper properties that added treble emphasis that pure copper can be missing at times. It is the SPC type cable that give the best balanced type emphasis vs a pure copper or pure silver type cables. This is the reason why you see more SPC type cables in the market than just about any other type. It really depends on what part of the sound profile you're trying to enhance or not pay attention to.

I would try that Cema cable you ordered that seems to be a good mix of properties and should be versatile to use on your IMR IEMS.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #1,103 of 1,855
Copper cables have its uses, I use pure copper cables on earphones with a bit too much treble emphasis or are analytical in tunings. Helps bring body to the sounds without highlighting the treble aspects of the tunings. SPC cables are actually more versatile as it usually adds on top of pure copper properties that added treble emphasis that pure copper can be missing at times. It is the SPC type cable that give the best balanced type emphasis vs a pure copper or pure silver type cables. This is the reason why you see more SPC type cables in the market than just about any other type. It really depends on what part of the sound profile you're trying to enhance or not pay attention to.

I would try that Cema cable you ordered that seems to be a good mix of properties and should be versatile to use on your IMR IEMS.
Thank you for your reply. If I had to buy a second cable, which one would you recommend?

Aug 14, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #1,104 of 1,855
Thank you for your reply. If I had to buy a second cable, which one would you recommend?
Check out XINHS on AliX makes tons of cables for many companies but sells directly

Aug 14, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #1,105 of 1,855
Check out XINHS on AliX makes tons of cables for many companies but sells directly
Actually I was interested in the mix cable (pure silver and OCC) from XINHS, but i have been told that build quality is excellent but they do not sound amazing like CEMA cables. In addition this cable in particular is too good at this price to be true (40$). I doubt it has pure silver in it, otherwise Penon would not have sold a similar cable at 149$

Aug 14, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #1,106 of 1,855
Aug 14, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #1,107 of 1,855
You could consider the ISN G4. It is an all rounder cable, which gives body and weight to the low frequencies, and accentuates the details. I have two, one on mmcx and the other on two pin. I also have the penon MIX, and although it is a great cable, in all the iems in my collection, doing A-B tests, I have always preferred the G4. Once you are convinced that there are differences, and you feel them... It is difficult to go back. There are times that you will be wrong, and others in which you will discover wonderful synergies. The easiest thing is to listen with the stock cable, and ask yourself what you would like to improve on that IEM. Luck!

Aug 14, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #1,109 of 1,855
Aug 14, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #1,110 of 1,855
Is someone here has used these cables yet ?

Are they good in other terms ?
Got it, well I've read only good things about these companies. I don't have an Arctic but a month ago I ordered a satin, theia ii, so the basic line, but I'm still waiting for it, so no direct feedback to give you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back