Mid priced IEM cables thread.
Apr 19, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #1,831 of 1,860
1713537838702.png

These are an excellent value at the price Penon is asking for. My take on this particular cable. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/is...brid-audiophile-iem-cable.27177/review/33610/ They share a similar sound shaping ability to the Code24 actually more so than the Code23. No they are not at that level of cable. It would be awesome to get a cable that cost $120 that performs similar to $799 cable. But they do share some similar traits in how they shape an IEM sound. The cable is versatile and uses 4 types of copper material that shapes what it does. Excellent cables especially at their price.

Apr 19, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #1,832 of 1,860
So, even if it's paid...what that means? That the review can't be honest?
There are xyz comments on gear completely biased by the members, guided by simple psychology, and that's ego and vanity...
"Just because I have it..it's the best!"
I'd rather trust a reviewer like Redcarmoose, who reviewed who knows how many things, than folks who comment on a single unit that they own.
Even if Redcarmoose is paid, that wouldn't change anything. He can make a mistake or hear differently than others,
and that's the only blame he carries...but is that relevant at all...to not trust him?

Gordana is new here...don't take it seriously Redcarmoose :)

Cheers!

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #1,834 of 1,860
1713537838702.png
These are an excellent value at the price Penon is asking for. My take on this particular cable. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/is...brid-audiophile-iem-cable.27177/review/33610/ They share a similar sound shaping ability to the Code24 actually more so than the Code23. No they are not at that level of cable. It would be awesome to get a cable that cost $120 that performs similar to $799 cable. But they do share some similar traits in how they shape an IEM sound. The cable is versatile and uses 4 types of copper material that shapes what it does. Excellent cables especially at their price.
Well, the order is in... have already more cables than iem's 🤦

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #1,835 of 1,860
It is typically a reality.......even if you order one aftermarket cable, that you have more cables than IEMs. :)
Well, the order is in... have already more cables than iem's 🤦

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #1,837 of 1,860
Apr 20, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #1,838 of 1,860
I recently borrowed the Hakugei Arcanist cable with my Symphonium Helios which improved it's bass definition, stage depth and treble detail while losing out on some bite from the trebles. Definitely an upgrade from the Stock Altalune nova cable. Did anyone else try the Arcanist?? If I were to increase my budget to around 200-250USD, what options do I have that offers a more mature sound? Options are limited to ordering from Aliexpress.

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #1,839 of 1,860
IMG_7391.jpeg
Getting this beauty this upcoming week. Vortex Seraphina. Will be the main cable for my 634Ears LOAK2-Ti Copper Blue.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #1,840 of 1,860
Anyone know what cable material would match well with Audeze Euclid Planar iem eg Silver or copper or alloy like the Nicehck black soul

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #1,842 of 1,860
Mine is the Leo Plus which is not all silver. My problem with the silver cable I have--- the ISN AW8. (I think that is the number) Is that while everything else is great--- the bass impact is not as good as the copper I have (PWGenesis). With the Leo Plus, is better all around than the silver, but the bass (impact) is better on the copper. The bad on the Leo. Plus is very nice in weight and timbre, but the impact is softer. Is like to find a cable with the overall sound of the LeoPlus, but the impact of copper. I was thinking that the Totem might fit the bill. There are some used ones for 400. Soundstage and imaging are great on the Leo Plus. The PW is not in the same ballpark.

Haven’t tried Leo Plus but own other silver palladium cables as well as Totem. Totem is really nice and will bring out more weight and musicality with good extension, and yes staging and imaging. Not tried the PW Genesis, but I find that a good copper cable can bring an expansiveness to the stage in a way that even silver can’t quite.

On the flip side, Totem may not be what you’re looking for if you want significantly greater bass pressure or harder note edges. Its sonic character lies more on the natural side of copper-based cables, which helps with timbre.

I take advantage and join the ask for recs, my budget is 200 I am searching something that enhaces all aspects of sound and also tames the pina region

Don’t think I saw many answers to this.

Knowing more of your sonic preferences would help us make more focused recommendations, but Penon/ISN have a few good all-rounders that fall well within your budget - or you can keep an eye out for more impressions on their new T-OCC, which sounds very promising. Or take a look at the higher end NiceHCK cables I posted about here recently and see if any of the descriptions appeal to you? Perhaps the AuKing Ultra or DragonScale 2.

Not sure how much pinna you can tame with cables though - you may have more luck rolling different tips and tip sizes and trying different insertion depths.

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #1,843 of 1,860
Haven’t tried Leo Plus but own other silver palladium cables as well as Totem. Totem is really nice and will bring out more weight and musicality with good extension, and yes staging and imaging. Not tried the PW Genesis, but I find that a good copper cable can bring an expansiveness to the stage in a way that even silver can’t quite.

On the flip side, Totem may not be what you’re looking for if you want significantly greater bass pressure or harder note edges. Its sonic character lies more on the natural side of copper-based cables, which helps with timbre.

Don’t think I saw many answers to this.

Knowing more of your sonic preferences would help us make more focused recommendations, but Penon/ISN have a few good all-rounders that fall well within your budget - or you can keep an eye out for more impressions on their new T-OCC, which sounds very promising. Or take a look at the higher end NiceHCK cables I posted about here recently and see if any of the descriptions appeal to you? Perhaps the AuKing Ultra or DragonScale 2.

Not sure how much pinna you can tame with cables though - you may have more luck rolling different tips and tip sizes and trying different insertion depths.
Yes that auking seems a good option, hopefully the T-OCC its arriving to my place at the end of the month so I will writte a little review

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #1,844 of 1,860
Yes that auking seems a good option, hopefully the T-OCC its arriving to my place at the end of the month so I will writte a little review
Another option would be Hakugei cables

Apr 22, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #1,845 of 1,860

Users who are viewing this thread

Back