Mid priced IEM cables thread.
May 26, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #106 of 1,849
Hello :)

i'm looking for a new upgrade cable for my Fearless Audio Rolands and maybe you can give me a few recommendations :)

I use a Gala Audio Solar Eclipse for my Noble K10 and i'm happy with the materials: https://www.zoundaholic.com/product/1592/สาย-gala-audio-solar-eclipse

But i think i want to try something new. The Penon Leo Plus sounds very interesting or maybe the ISN AG8? Or something from Xiaofan?

Thanks for you help :)

So I got word that the Roland has somewhat of a darker sound. If so than ya ISN AG8 or if you want a stunning cable for it try out the Penon Leo Plus.

May 27, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #107 of 1,849
So here is something so new so fresh. I just heard about it. ISN is making yet another premium cable. You are reading about it here first!! Introducing the new ISN GC4!! oooooooOOO!!
GC4.jpg

ISN Audio GC4
Audiophile Earphone Earbud IEM Cable
Single crystal copper gold-plated conductor, the wire body is soft and smooth, without knotting

Hand-woven, durable
carefully polish every detail, only to satisfy your selective choice, and carefully control each conductor, only for better sound.

High-fidelity anti-interference
The most impressive thing about the opening is the sound field, which is particularly magnificent,

like the gorgeous golden hall in Vienna.

The high frequency is very smooth and round, the revolution laying is very clear, and right on the best.

Accurate positioning, instruments from different directions can be accurately captured.

The mid frequency is full and mellow, with a strong sense of envelopment like a live music festival.

The low-frequency dive is like a deep abyss, and the rebound is very resilient.

Model: GC4
Material: single crystal copper plating pure gold
Number of cores: 4 strands, single strand is 16 cores
Sheath: environmental protection transparent PVC
Aluminum alloy CNC cutting integrated slider
Secondary oxidation gold foil gold ring
The solder joint is silver–contained tin
Rhodium-plated plug
Cable length: 1.2M

Don't know what it cost and when available yet but I will let you all know, very soon.

May 27, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #108 of 1,849
So I got word that the Roland has somewhat of a darker sound. If so than ya ISN AG8 or if you want a stunning cable for it try out the Penon Leo Plus.

Thanks for you reply :)

The Roland is a TriBrid IEM: 2 EST, 2 BA and 1 DD. It sounds darker but wonderful :)

I think the Leo Plus could be a great option. Which cable is the "legendary" 175 everyone is talking about? :)

May 27, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #109 of 1,849
May 28, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #110 of 1,849
Thank you so much for you help :)

I think for the Rolands i need a cable that "brighten" up the sound just A bit. My Gala Audio works well on them but i want to use it with my Nobles.

I've bought an Effect Audio Thor Silver II yesterday. It should arrive tomorrow and i'm really excited.

But i think i will give the Leo Plus also a try. Can you compare the Leo Plus to higher priced Xiaofan Cables?

May 28, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #112 of 1,849
This cable is simply beautiful. I think it could be a nice match with my K10 :wink:

And it is not very expensive

Jun 3, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #114 of 1,849
I've bought an Effect Audio Thor II Silver Cable and tested it with my Noble K10 and my Fearless Roland and i was completely disappointed.

I think a complete silver cable is to much for me :ksc75smile: My Gala Audio Solar Eclipse (Gold-Plated Silver with Copper) sounds so much better, fuller, deeper, warmer and more resolving than the pure silver cable - even with my dark-tuned Rolands.

What would you think could be a good match? Maybe the new GC4? Or maybe a complete-copper cable? Or just the "standard" 175? :-D

Thank you so much for your help!

Jun 3, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #115 of 1,849
I got the ISN GC4 in today. I have been using an Eletech Iliad which is a mainly silver cable but I was getting a lot of sibilance on vocals (possible a bad match with my WM1Z and VE8, I don't know). The IC4 has smoothed a lot of that out thankfully and it's now more pleasant to listen to music. It's warm but not muddy and has a nice soundstage too. The cable itself is very nice albeit a little rubbery but I'd rather have that than stiff. A very nice purchase all told.

Jun 3, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #116 of 1,849
I've bought an Effect Audio Thor II Silver Cable and tested it with my Noble K10 and my Fearless Roland and i was completely disappointed.

I think a complete silver cable is to much for me :ksc75smile: My Gala Audio Solar Eclipse (Gold-Plated Silver with Copper) sounds so much better, fuller, deeper, warmer and more resolving than the pure silver cable - even with my dark-tuned Rolands.

What would you think could be a good match? Maybe the new GC4? Or maybe a complete-copper cable? Or just the "standard" 175? :-D

Thank you so much for your help!

Noble K10 has a lot going on in the treble. I could have told you a silver cable is not the way to go on them. I would try a higher end copper cable GC4 might be a good match for it.

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #117 of 1,849
Noble K10 has a lot going on in the treble. I could have told you a silver cable is not the way to go on them. I would try a higher end copper cable GC4 might be a good match for it.

Sadly even with my Fearless Roland the Effect Audio was not very satisfying.

I have ordered now a 175 and a GC4 :)

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #118 of 1,849
Just jumping in here, as I own the K10U and have done a lot of cable rolling. The K10U can be a little tough to find the right cable pairing. I have had the best results using all copper or SPC. Having tried over 6 different cables with my K10U with all different materials, I have finally settled on an all copper litz from Impact Audio.

Here is the link to the Impact Audio cable, that pairs extremely well with the K10U.
https://impactaudiocables.com/shop/...t-type-6-copper-litz-iem-cable-cst-4ft-typ-62

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #120 of 1,849
You can never have enough cables. I don't have the ISN GC4 yet but I plan on it. I bet they will match well with your K10.
Agreed. My cable inventory never stops growing.

Here is my K10U with the Impact Audio cable.
20200513_080412.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back