Mid-Indiana Meet - March 21, 2009 (Noon - 5pm)
Dec 27, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #16 of 142
...continued from helicopter's thread...
No, I haven't pulled the trigger on the Mouser order yet, I have recieved the Digikey order already. Looks like I waited and the multicolor NKK toggle switch is on backorder now. I was trying to make one order for the gamma and some tube amp stuff to save a buck on shipping. I think I may have it completed before the meet though. I have ordered everything needed from AMB also, including the group buy machined faceplates.

Dec 30, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #17 of 142
Let's make this happen. Should have my WA6 PDPS in by then :)

Dec 30, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #18 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by danmagicman7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's make this happen. Should have my WA6 PDPS in by then :)

The process has been started; I'm contacting people about reserving a room on campus at Rose-Hulman. I'm thinking a Saturday in mid to late March. Do people have a preference on the date?

Dec 30, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #19 of 142
Time to start an equipment list. bperboy, the honor is yours.

Laptop
CAL Sigma II tube DAC
Ipod Classic 160g
Sony cd/dvd/sacd player

Single Power Platinum
Xin Macro 4 (8610 & 634x2)

VD Power 1 power cord
Nordost Red Dawn ICs
ALO Silk Doc

K701/RS-1
ew-9/e2c/ety 4s

tubes

Dec 30, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #20 of 142
So I'm curious...would any of you be interested in a Columbus, OH meet as well? On a different date of course. It would be a similar deal with a conference room on campus...

Anyway...if you guys really want to attract some attention for this meet I'd recommend the attendees putting a link to this thread in their sig. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it out that far west yet till a date is set.

Dec 30, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #21 of 142
Senn HD 25-I II's
Senn 595's
Alessandro MS2

Leckerton UHA-3 Portable DAC/AMP
Lite DAC-AH (resistor mod)
Woo Audio 6 PDPS

Dec 30, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #22 of 142
I'd be interested in a meet in Columbus, depending on the date. Cause I could only go if I were home from college. Here's what I'll be bringing:

HD650 (with a balanced cable)
PMX100

Sansa E280
modded Benchmark DAC1
balanced β22

as you know the β22 isn't done yet, but I expect to finish it long before the meet.

Dec 30, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #23 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be interested in a meet in Columbus, depending on the date. Cause I could only go if I were home from college.

I have relatives in Columbus, so if it was planned far enough in advance, and on one of my breaks, I could probably work it in. Definitely not before this march thing I'm setting up though. Maybe it'd be cool to plan something around when CanJam is, cause I'm pretty sure that I won't have any funds to pay for a L.A. trip this spring.

EDIT:

Gear I'll have for the Mid-Indiana Meet (MIM)

HD580
Possibly K701 (if I buy them before then)
KSC75

Millett Hybrid MiniMAX x2 (unless I sell one)
Millett Hybrid MAX MOSFET (unless I sell this)
Possibly a PPAv2 (if I sell a Millett to pay for parts)

AMB y1 DAC (definitely this one, maybe not the other two dacs)
BantamCableDAC
AudioDIYLab DAC-301

This is really a tentative listing of gear, as I'm kind of in a transition period, selling and buying stuff.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #25 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YGPM re. The Meet

PM replied to.

I've changed the title to early planning stages. I'm only awaiting word from the school in regards to reserving a room. I should know by the end of next week.

Jan 2, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #26 of 142
Mid to late March sounds good.
I can bring:
Denon 2000
Ultrasone 750, 780
ATH-W5000
Aikido 24V(I think you guys are gonna love this amp)
0404usb
I'm hoping to have the following completed well before March:
Gamma 1(all parts are in now)
Aikido 6H30Pi
Dynamite(just need to do some parts matching and I'm ready to begin assembly)
Laptop
18" ALO 18ga. Cryo with Rhodium plated Cardas RCA's(RCA to RCA)
18" ALO 18ga. Solid silver mini to RCA
Also I'm gonna make up an IC using Cardas Crosslink 1 and Eichmann Bullets to try out.
I will probably bring some budget IC's just in case anyone wants to compare.

Jan 2, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #27 of 142
Heh, well, good luck on gettin the dynamite done by then.. with a project that big, something's bound to go wrong!
wink.gif
I've never heard one, so that would indeed be interesting.

Jan 3, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #28 of 142
I can't guarantee my attendance, but I will try and make it if nothing else is going on school-wise. Gear would include:

Source - Marantz CD5001/Parasound D/AC 1100
Amp - Moth Audio EC2A3
Headphones - Senn HD580

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #29 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by chobint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I'm curious...would any of you be interested in a Columbus, OH meet as well? On a different date of course. It would be a similar deal with a conference room on campus...

Anyway...if you guys really want to attract some attention for this meet I'd recommend the attendees putting a link to this thread in their sig. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it out that far west yet till a date is set.

Will there be drugs, booze and frat girls? If so, yeah, I'd come.

Jan 4, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #30 of 142
Very tentatively interested if I can get someone to carpool me down from Purdue. I won't have much, but I'm interested in hearing other people's setups.

Might have:
ad900 + 0404

Users who are viewing this thread

Back