Mid-forward in ears with good treble but not a lot of bass recommendations
Feb 14, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #16 of 29
Phonak PFE with Grey filters.

Feb 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #17 of 29
If you could go in the upper end market, I would highly recommend the Westone 4. It has a decent amount of bass (not too much at all) with one of the best details I have seen in a universal, a very good midrange and an excellent treble. The bass is layered and you can especially see the difference in tracks by artists like The Prodigy where you can hear the different frequencies going into a consolidated lower end. The vocals in any track are brought out in crystalline form and the highs are there to complement everything. No one frequency overpowers another.

I'm sure a bunch of other members can vouch for these IEMs. If you can audition these, definitely, give them a shot. And they are comfortable as hell, especially with complys.

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #18 of 29
yeah. hmm. seems like Westone is loved among many midrange-fans here... makes it harder to choose, cause I'm so happy with every AT purchase I've ever made. and the descriptions I read about CK100 makes them seem so good. haha.

uhm. so has anyone compared the top Westone universals vs CK100? woud help immensely!

thanks a lot! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #19 of 29
Feb 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #20 of 29
hmm, I see you keep mentioning that they have a V-shape. which is quite the opposite of what I am looking for...

feeling a bit confused right now, think I need to go get some sleep... 
redface.gif

thanks!

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:
hmm, I see you keep mentioning that they have a V-shape. which is quite the opposite of what I am looking for...

feeling a bit confused right now, think I need to go get some sleep... 
redface.gif

thanks!

Even though they are v-shaped, the mids are still present - just not as strong as the lows/highs.  I would still definitely recommend them!

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #22 of 29
Another suggestion, although I haven't finished burning them yet, Moshi Clarus.  Mid-heavy phone, with slightly more tamed highs like the T15s (maybe even more tamed).  Powerful bass as well.  I can go into deeper detail if necessary (however, they aren't burned in yet).  I can also do comparisons on request as well.  With the Clarus, you do sacrifice isolation though :frowning2:

Feb 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #23 of 29
hey everyone!
I decided to go with the CK100 after all, slightly worried about the treble on these. that it might be a bit tame. but I will see for myself when I get them.

will probably go with the UM3X if I'm not too pleased with these though!

thanks for the help!

Feb 18, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #24 of 29
why hasn't anyone recommended the DBA-02's. And more notably the MKII's. There is a thread started about them here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593812/fischer-dba-02-mkii-impressions-and-review-thread-ck10-threatened

That being said, the CK10 is a great choice and I guess I wouldn't describe the DBA as "mid-forward". But they do sound great.

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #25 of 29
The Sony EX7550, EQ7, GR10, PFE232, HF5 and RE272 willbe the IEMs you are looking for and they offers detailed mids and good highs with deep bass.

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #26 of 29
kind of reviving old thread, 
as of now, Final Audio Design Heaven series have very beautiful mids and vocal, Bass and treble is beautifully rendered as well.
right from Heaven II up to VI, VII and VIII I don't have chance to try them yet

Jul 4, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #29 of 29
Dunu dn2k. Very balanced. bass is very detailed. I didn't think it was the best instrumental/timbre oriented iem but the vocal details are highlighted while the rest of the mids are smoother in contrast to the singer. My impression anyway.

(Details in texture for bass and vocals - you'll definitely enjoy them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back