Microsoft Dares to Depress: LE Joy Division Zune Boon Due in June
Apr 20, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #31 of 39
I suppose copyright laws prevent being able to order any favorite band or Sports Team that you like but it would be cool to have more options with the Zune originals.
On the other hand, one could always have whatever they want engraved locally though.
What's next Microsoft? How about a Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention Zune?

Apr 20, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #32 of 39
What about a PEE WEE HERMAN Zune? That would be something. A Big Top Pee Wee Zune.......
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about a PEE WEE HERMAN Zune? That would be something. A Big Top Pee Wee Zune.......
tongue.gif

and it would be appropriate that you could operate it one handed..........

Just being humorous, I like Pee Wee Herman

Apr 20, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and it would be appropriate that you could operate it one handed..........

Just being humorous, I like Pee Wee Herman

The preloaded content would be...ummm...interesting.

Apr 21, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #35 of 39
The one handed operation in the dark....Is what I was thinking of..... While it gave off a glow.......... Wonder if it would come with a bicycle, a RED bicycle??????

Jun 5, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #37 of 39
In case you've forgotten this ground-puncturing earth-irritating event, the Joy Division Zune is scheduled to be released on June 17 in a limited run of 500 via Zune Originals. Our predictions about Microsloth's suicide-friendly Social-ist have been so correct that the device has proved predictable -- literally. You have only to utter "Joy Division Zune" and the wee person rises from the collective consumer unconscious, taking on its lone recognizable form. The Joy Division Zune has been represented more uniformly in pop gadget culture than the Black God of the Pleiades in classic Navajo maskwork. Perhaps Carl Jung would be miffed.

Here lie the partics:

1. The projected artwork by Engadget (Unknown Pleasures on the back of a black Zune) is disturbingly close to the finished object.

2. Call it an homage to greatness by the self-professed source o' greatness: According to Spin, the design will not only be an homage to Peter Saville (the man responsible for Joy Division's covers), but also designed in part by the main mane hissef. (Odd, isn't it, how certain prominent balding men seek to remedy their plight by growing their hair longer!? Someday, when my follicles leap one-by-twelve from this earthly pate, remind me to dismiss my train of cowering yes-peeps.)

Those who ain't in f'dis but worship Peter Saville might want to hit eBay in search of Saville's Adicolor Adidias. Budding bidding virtuosi who use Saville's customization options will be rewarded with the gaudiest minimalist sneaks in the history o' sneakwear.

==========================

Edit: And for those who are as interested in shallow aesthetics as I, Saville has made truetype font sets for each of his Factory covers. Most of them may be downloaded here.

Jun 26, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #38 of 39
Someone has actually bought the Joy Division/Peter Saville Zune and posted unboxing pictures:

Peter Saville Zune Gallery

Note that the package includes a leather case which, like the back of the Zune itself as well as the presentation box, klezmers* the Unknown Pleasures cover image:

y1pQySAVYKLSOT7_8H7sn5mamrvcmZ7vgfF6mfh3AEx_n_zBgH8BYaaQ2ONWlyW9Ot_

I don't need one of these, yet the hoarder within is whispering Latin phrases backwards.

======

* Semitic-friendly version of the verb rocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back