Micro iUSB3.0 Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #648 of 663
Does the idefender have to be plugged into the PC when supplied with external 5v from the UBC c port?

Pass. Cannot remember. Don't have the design files here, sorry.

I'd say probably because by default USB should cut power when the host cuts power.

Thor

Dec 13, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #649 of 663
Pass. Cannot remember. Don't have the design files here, sorry.

I'd say probably because by default USB should cut power when the host cuts power.

Thor
Currently im just using it powered via external 5v usb-c only, i think thatd be ""cleaner"" then plugged into pc with external.
What im really interested in is ifi's claims that spamming a bunch of isilencers works like the ac purifer on the usb line, but god that sounds like a rabbit hole, spending hundreds on isilencers till every usb slot is full lmao!:sweat_smile:

Dec 13, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #650 of 663
They fixed my rattling ipurifer3 by pouring glue into it LMAO!
They were about to fix my micro iDSD V1's dead battery. When they said "your device has its ieMatch problems due to the switch being tarnished" so you have channel unbalance and that will cost you about 60 bucks to fix (how are you gonna fix that if that is a problem that comes with all devices of the micro idsd linup where theres channel unbalance at low volumes) on top of the battery, then I kinda lost faith on their service.
@pcsgcs - joke of the month at least :deadhorse: It would be funny if it wouldn't be so sad. I really have few great products from that company.
Yeah, that's the thing. Most of their products are great, is just that they are overpriced AND overhyped.
Fortunately there are other manufacturers that care more about their loyal customer base than ifi.
Well, I want them to attempt to improve over ifi's products but that's a long way nobody is willing to perform, sadly.

Dec 13, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #651 of 663
What im really interested in is ifi's claims that spamming a bunch of isilencers works like the ac purifer on the usb line, but god that sounds like a rabbit hole, spending hundreds on isilencers till every usb slot is full lmao!:sweat_smile:

Not put them in series. But if you plug them into unused USB Ports (they usually all share one rail) they will lower noise.

However, each time you double, that's only 3dB. The big step is the first one. After that extras have very small improvements only.

Thor

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #653 of 663
You could try one of these "femto-clock" style oscillators from Crystek, original is a China "mil spec" 7.5mm x 5mm SMD 25MHz oscillator, but I'm rather dubious on the benefit IN THIS APPLICATION. The clock is the silver rectangle near the bottom left on the second picture.
sorry for bothering you, if you could just take a quick glance,
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Crystek-Corporation/CSX1-BJ-20-25.000?qs=r2Ui/jbkGg8tNb99KTgn5A==
would this work for the clock?

Also I plan to replace the usb connectors with usb 3.2, is this possible or would i have to get usb 3.0
...and is it possible to replace the ac connector easily haha?

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #654 of 663
sorry for bothering you, if you could just take a quick glance,
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Crystek-Corporation/CSX1-BJ-20-25.000?qs=r2Ui/jbkGg8tNb99KTgn5A==
would this work for the clock?

No, it's not a clock.

Also I plan to replace the usb connectors with usb 3.2, is this possible or would i have to get usb 3.0
...and is it possible to replace the ac connector easily haha?

I am unaware of USB 3.2 compatible "A" Sockets. And I am also not aware of any AC connector on the iUSB?

Thor

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #655 of 663
No, it's not a clock.

I am unaware of USB 3.2 compatible "A" Sockets. And I am also not aware of any AC connector on the iUSB?

Thor
oh im stupid its a dc connector. also yeah i dont think i can find the exact models of sockets on the iusb to replace with on mouser.
if i tried getting a different one itd probably wont even fit on it :joy:

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #660 of 663
@Thorsten Loesch
Just got the unit back with (most) of the new parts. It sounds completely different, im pretty damn sure the distortion is much lower, music at max volume is much cleaner. Thank you so much for the idea. It sounds great even though the tech guy only replaced half the caps cuz he got lazy -_-

But man, in terms of value for money, this is exceedingly amazing. My system has never sounded so good, all it took was a few new caps and soc's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back