Micro iUSB3.0 Impressions Thread

1. rickyleelee
    Ok. me the first guy. no-one started this yet so I will get it up and running. Pretty good buz over on the sponsors thread

2. Rob N Contributor
    Ordered one yesterday

3. Darren Cotter
    I have an iDSD, iPower and an iCan, but why put a different USB connector on it compared to the original?.

4. technobear

It's fully backwards compatible with USB 2.0 cables but will only of course then operate at USB 2.0 speeds (apparently).

5. rantzmar
    From what I am understanding...the new iUSB3.0 is suppose to be inline or better than the Regen Amber. Its suppose to give better Sound Quality all around. 

6. Darren Cotter
    Thanks for the answer. So there is an audio benefit to USB3.0 compared to USB2.0?

7. technobear

The jury is still out on that one I think :rolleyes:

8. EVOLVIST

At the moment all I can imagine is 3.0 over 2.0 is about future proofing. I can appreciate iFi for this.

3.1 has been out for two years and has not taken off one bit.

That's not to say you can future proof anything 100%, but within a reasonable amount, certainly.

9. Music Path
    So how does iusb 3 compares to the regen? Thats my question now.

10. Rob N Contributor
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

11. Darren Cotter
    Nice pictures. Wouldn't it be nice if all new designs came with the iPOWER power supply as standard.

12. Krutsch

Where do I get one of these in the US? No word on Music Direct. I also want a 5v iPower (I am using 2 9v iPower adapters).

13. Faber65

I am not sure about the change over date, but as far as i understood all the latest ifi production comes with the iPower as a standard PSU (at higher price).
    Maybe I am wrong...

:)

14. Darren Cotter
    Not sure. It would cost extra, but you would save on the price of the standard PSU.

15. technobear

The iPower has been shipping with iCAN, iTUBE and iUSBPower since February or March.