Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)
Mar 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #256 of 334
Quote:
Add a crazy rare Sony DR-Z5 to the list of headphones I'm bringing!

Haven't received it yet, but it's supposed to be an extremely revealing headphone from the late '70s. Warm and lush with wonderful imaging, very organic sounding. 

Damn, how many vintage 'phones are you going to have come the meet??? Haha 
wink.gif
. Can't wait to hear them considering them being favorably compared to the SA5000.

Quote:
Well, I'm still driving up to Michigan, I just won't be able to make it in time for the meet because I have to leave that Friday night.  I'm probably just going to hit the NC meet on saturday instead since it's only a 4 hour drive and then head up to Michigan that Sunday.  I PM'd Takato14 about this but if there's a few that really want to hear my gear badly and are in the area near Holland/Zeeland, maybe Grand Rapids area, I'll be there for about a week or so and I don't mind a small get-together of some sort that I could demo my gear.

I would love to come, but I'm afraid that is a considerable distance from where I like (St. Charles)...

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #257 of 334
Quote:
Bad news guys.  I just discovered that I have work related commitments from the 15th - 19th of April so it would be unrealistic for me to drive 13 hours from North Carolina on a Friday night to make it.  I originally planned to take time off starting on the 15th but I can no longer do that.  I'm really bummed about it, I was really looking forward to this meet.  Sorry everyone, I'll keep an eye out for future meets.  I can always use visiting my wife's family as an excuse to come up there 
biggrin.gif

I'm sorry to hear that. I've never been to a meet and i'm excited myself, so I can empathize about missing it. Hope you can make to one of them! :frowning2:  

Quote:
Add a crazy rare Sony DR-Z5 to the list of headphones I'm bringing!

Haven't received it yet, but it's supposed to be an extremely revealing headphone from the late '70s. Warm and lush with wonderful imaging, very organic sounding. 

Awesome! I'm not too familiar with Sony headphones besides the MDR-10s/holy grail. I'm looking forward to hearing what they can do!

Mar 7, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #258 of 334
Quote:
Damn, how many vintage 'phones are you going to have come the meet??? Haha 
wink.gif
. Can't wait to hear them considering them being favorably compared to the SA5000.

Vintage headphones are kind of my thing, lol. Check my profile, I have almost two vintage sets for every modern one.

My very first headphone was a vintage KOSS set from the 80's. I got them from a garage sale when I was about 12 years old. Probably has something to do with it 
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #259 of 334
Damn....have to cancel, guys. I'll be getting back from a business trip late on the 20th. I'm really disappointed....was really looking forward to meeting people and hearing new gear.
triportsad.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #260 of 334
I will be attending. I can bring my Oppo BDP-105 and Fostex T50RP with Shure pads otherwise stock. I also can  bring my Audio-GD NFB-12 (2010 model). 

I will likely have 3 - 4 others with me but I am not sure if they will bring their gear. 

How do we go about "setting up?" Do I need to bring a table? Source material will likely be Fedora MPD  --> USB --> Oppo BDP 105. 

I have never attended a Head Fi meet before. I'm pretty excited. 
gs1000.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #262 of 334
Is it too late to sign up? I'm starting a nice little audiophile setup and this seems like a great way to make my stuff look inadequate. I can bring my Grado 225i, an AKG 271 MKII, plus NAD 3022 amp and Dual 1237 TT. If I can, I was going to bring a friend or three, try to get two them into the hobby and one out of getting studio beats.

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #263 of 334
Hi, I'm darkfireblade25's friend, also a student at MSU. I will bring my DT 770 250 ohm and my HE-400s. Really excited to be there!

also, if I want to bring my own music would an SD card be appropriate? I've never actually been to a meet before.

Mar 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #264 of 334
SD card would be good but you may want to bring a few other forms. like something with line out, something with digital out, or at least a USB hard drive.

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #265 of 334
Quote:
Hi, I'm darkfireblade25's friend, also a student at MSU. I will bring my DT 770 250 ohm and my HE-400s. Really excited to be there!

also, if I want to bring my own music would an SD card be appropriate? I've never actually been to a meet before.

Personally, I'm bringing a 500GB USB hard drive loaded with all my music. I'll bring an SD card reader for you if you want.

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #266 of 334
Well, I will definitely not have the Centrance HIFI-M8 for the meet, but I can take a Benchmark DAC-1 USB and a macbook pro with pure music and a nice assortment of tunes. Since I wont have a balanced rig I will take my HD-600s with a Cardas 1/4" plug and also the balanced cable in case someone wants to hear it. Can't wait 'till the day.

Mar 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #267 of 334
Just got a pair of airmotiv 4's as they are slightly on sale. I could bring them to them to the meet but I'm not quite sure where i'd set them up without being rude. Coming from an older 2.1 cambridge soundworks(engineer left bose, formed that company) setup and should be a nice bump. Meet is getting closer and closer! I'm pumped up!

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #268 of 334
I need to sell some things so I can get a dedicated amp for my cans... again with the shamelessness: anyone wanna buy something? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #269 of 334
Oh by the way guys, my V-MODA M-100 has the paper towl mod installed on it which slightly altars the sound (henceforth why i did it) and also helps with comfort (its original purpose). So mine sounds different then the actual M-100. Does anyone want me to take it out or hear it how it is moded now? I really think this can shines with the mod and prefer it much more then the original. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back