Michael Schumacher IS BACK! Long live the king!
Jul 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
BREAKING: Schumacher to return to Ferrari F1 for remainder of season — Autoblog

Quote:

Yesterday's rumors have been confirmed: Michael Schumacher will take Felipe Massa's place for the remainder of the 2009 Formula One season.

A Ferrari spokesperson said Schumi's return hinges on the seven-time F1 champion's ability to pass the FIA's physical (we doubt that'll be a problem) and he'll be back in full-force on August 23 at the European Grand Prix in Valencia.

Schumacher has been under the employ of Ferrari as an advisor to the team since his retirement in 2006, and although Massa is reportedly well on his way to recovering after sustaining a serious head injury at last weekend's race, Schumacher will take his place for the remaining seven races of the 2009 season.

[Source: BBC Sport]

Schumacher vs. Hamilton vs. Vettel, this is going to be a great F1 year!

OMG F1 is always so crazy drama..haha

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 20
aye..its going to be exciting for sure.

Kimi, Lewis, Alonso (not for the next race or two i think), Button, Vettel, Rubens all racing against Schumi..its going to be something else. And Schumi is the underdog now..Of ocurse am a Schumi fan..so yeah its great to see the master back at what he does best.

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 20
I wonder what kind of outfit he will be wearing?

stigk.jpg

biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 20
The real stig would fail hard at F1. There's a reason why the FXX obliterated the top gear lap time chart - Schumi drove it around the top gear track, cause ferrari wouldn't let the real stig drive it.

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #7 of 20
Waah why now?!? I remember the tickets for the Night race here in SG has all been sold out about 2 months ago. ='/

I haven't really been following F1 since a year after Schumi's retirement. IMO, I felt that year there was no real race. =(

Anyway got to find some scalpers.

Jul 30, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The real stig would fail hard at F1. There's a reason why the FXX obliterated the top gear lap time chart - Schumi drove it around the top gear track, cause ferrari wouldn't let the real stig drive it.

.... 7/10 not bad.

Jul 30, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that is good news for Head-F1.
tongue.gif

He he

Jul 30, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ferrari? It was Schumi's personal car.

Aug 1, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo_b2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Waah why now?!? I remember the tickets for the Night race here in SG has all been sold out about 2 months ago. ='/

I haven't really been following F1 since a year after Schumi's retirement. IMO, I felt that year there was no real race. =(

Anyway got to find some scalpers.

It still not sold out yet. I think this year is interesting with Brawns and Red Bull leading and Ferrari, Toyota, Williams and Mclaren on the hunt... The magic button
wink_face.gif

Aug 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #14 of 20
He will have a seriously hard time being competitive at Valencia since he is not allowed to test the F60 because of the three week summer ban on testing. He is training in a 2007 model F1 equipped with GP2 tires not to break the ban. It seems a bit irresponsible to let him race without any real experience with the modern F1 cars. But who cares after a race I bet he will be fast again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back