Michael Jackson VERDICT REACHED
Jun 14, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #76 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
MJ is obviously a troubled man, with some very serious issues leading back to his childhood, but I think it's tragic in that he is a by-product of the american way of life, and hollywood. Throw a young kid in the spotlight at an early age, mess up his childhood, put incredible stress on him everyday and take away the possibility of a normal life. Have him raised on the virtues of hollywood, what's beautiful and popular, and this is what you get. And then you have the masses shunning their own indirect creation, demanding he be sent to jail because of rumors and his physical appearance. Hearing people flame mj really shows me the ignorance and hypocrisy of society.

You're right, it must have been tough for MJ to grow up in the spotlight, deal with the pressures of fame (and carrying the Jackson family), have an abusive and difficult family life, and so on and so forth. So the lovely cocktail of physically and emotionally abusive father and fame at an early age (shaken, not stirred) screwed him up big time, right? Well MJ has (well, had, really) all the money in the world and loads of free time, why isn't he dealing with this psychologically? Why isn't he in intense therapy?

Look the guy is a real mess, but it's not an excuse at all for [allegedly] "fiddling about". And let's not forget, even though MJ may have had a bizarre childhood, he also had legions of adoring fans and all the money in the world. What about the millions and millions of people in the world who grow up in bizarre, abusive and POOR families? Should we expect them to be like MJ? Of course not. I'll reserve my pity for them.

The world is full of sob stories and MJ had it much better than a lot of people in the world who didn't turn out to be head cases.

Jun 14, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #77 of 123
I look at it this way...

If he's truely guilty then it's just a matter of time before he does something again. He won't be able to stop so I figure in time it will come out.

If he's innocent then that's pretty much the end of that.

He's definitely got some problems upstairs. His dad created a monster...

Jun 14, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #78 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman
I look at it this way...

If he's truely guilty then it's just a matter of time before he does something again. He won't be able to stop so I figure in time it will come out.

If he's innocent then that's pretty much the end of that.

I see you're not familiar with his legal history.

Jun 14, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #79 of 123
Quote:

Well MJ has (well, had, really) all the money in the world and loads of free time, why isn't he dealing with this psychologically? Why isn't he in intense therapy?

Probably because he's so deranged and deluded that he doesn't realize he has a problem. Remember, this is the guy that thinks it's okay for young boys to sleep in his bed. I'm sure many people have tried to tell him he needs help but he probably refuses to listen.

Jun 14, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #80 of 123
I guess all i can say is that Michael came out of it "white-innocent"!
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #88 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
I was watching Larry King earlier and he interviewed two of the jurors. Interestingly enough, they both believed that MJ has molested children in the past but felt that there wasn't enough evidence in this case to convict him.

That's interesting and it speaks volumes about the insufficiency of the prosecutions evidence. If the prosecution was not able to convince people who believe that Jackson has molested kids in the past, how could they convince anyone without such bias?

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:36 PM Post #89 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen
Probably because he's so deranged and deluded that he doesn't realize he has a problem. Remember, this is the guy that thinks it's okay for young boys to sleep in his bed. I'm sure many people have tried to tell him he needs help but he probably refuses to listen.

Yeah I guess you're right. Hopefully his financial woes will force him to enter the real world for a while. It's a lot harder to hide from your issues if you don't have a ton of money to bury them in.

Jun 14, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #90 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
Some of you seem to be forgetting that the standard is reasonable doubt. This family was simply too sketchy and the evidence was too insufficient to convict Michael Jackson. Maybe some of you personally think that Jackson was guilty, but that's really irrelevant. What matters is whether Jackson was legally guility, and based on the evidence proffered by the prosecution, there was only one verdict that could have been reached: not guilty.

I concur. Our legal system is based on the precept that you are innocent until proven guilty, and the evidence and testimony has to be beyond reasonable doubt. The prosecution's case sucked, the mother's testimony sucked, the whole prosecution did not bring their A-game to the table, there simply wasn't enough evidence brought forth to convict the man on this particular scenario, plain and simple.

Personally, i wouldn't want my kids anywhere near the man, but hey that's just me. I would imagine there were plenty of the jurors who personally thought the man was a sick uncurable pedophile, but they as jurors had to be as objective as possible and rule on the case based on the evidence brought forth and the testimony provided, which was not substantial or convincing enough to prove beyone a reasonable doubt that michael jackson was a perpetrator of any of the stated accusations.

Now just leave your 9 to 5 up on the shelf, and just enjoy yourself...tonight
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back