Micca Store - FiiO E7/E9 Headphone Amplifier Bundle For $199.95
Oct 18, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #16 of 118

Quote:
I really wanna know how well it can drive the K701/2 and 600ohm Beyers...

Even on low gain setting, the E9 has no problems driving any of these headphones to uncomfortable listening levels. You will need to exercise caution and turn down the volume every time you switch headphones.

And if you plug in a pair of low impedance IEMs... always start the volume from 0 and with the IEMs out of your ears.

Jack

Oct 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #17 of 118
Good news indeed. Some people around here like to ruin it for everyone else, and will probably say that products like the E9 couldn't possibly drive the 600ohm Beyers well, nor the K701 and K702. I'm looking for a decent, affordable solution, and as I already own an E7 (wish I had bought it off you guys, stupid me), the E9 is the next logical step.

Here's somebody who thoroughly enjoyed the K701 out of an E5.
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #18 of 118

Quote:
Good news indeed. Some people around here like to ruin it for everyone else, and will probably say that products like the E9 couldn't possibly drive the 600ohm Beyers well, nor the K701 and K702. I'm looking for a decent, affordable solution, and as I already own an E7 (wish I had bought it off you guys, stupid me), the E9 is the next logical step.

Here's somebody who thoroughly enjoyed the K701 out of an E5.
biggrin.gif

Looks I'll be doing the same thing.
biggrin.gif

So how does the combo work?

The E7 works as a DAC and the E9 works as an amp?

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #19 of 118
Yes, that's the purpose of the E9, as a desktop amp made to drive headphones that the E7 would have problems with. The E7 would only be doing DAC duties when docked with the E9. At least that's the main reason I'm getting it. XD

I was really hoping Fiio would have finished the L7 line out cable for the E7 to use with other amps...

Oct 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #20 of 118
What about that gain switch?

I read somewhere that Bass Boost will be disabled on E7, so, no way for me to boost the bass when using E9?

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #21 of 118

Quote:
What about that gain switch?

I read somewhere that Bass Boost will be disabled on E7, so, no way for me to boost the bass when using E9?

Just use EQ. That's pretty much what bass boost is. A preset EQ.

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #23 of 118
They have a very easy return policy. If I remember correctly they give you a label to print out which already covers shipping costs. Just drop it in the drop box at your local post office no questions asked.

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #24 of 118
Me too. I received my e7 from Micca's amazon store the same day I read this...

I decided to just order another e7 from Micca and keep both instead of returning the amazon purchase, which prolly just screw them a little more.  E7 is pretty slick and I am sure I can either keep 1 at work or haul it with my laptop etc

Still wish I've seen this earlier.

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #26 of 118
Good news!

The first batch of E9s have been received. They are now available for purchase at:

http://www.miccastore.com/fiio-fiio-desktop-headphone-amplifier-black-p-42.html

The price is $129.95, which includes standard shipping in the US. Those that wish to purchase the E7 and E9 as a bundle will have the option of adding a E7 for $70 more.

Those that took advantage of this deal by ordering a E7 from our website after the announcement of this deal, please purchase your E9 from the above link and send us an email at support@miccastore.com along with your order number and we will issue a refund of $30.

PLEASE NOTE: if you purchased a E7 before, you cannot purchase a E7+E9 bundle for $199.95 and also get a $30 refund.

Jack

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #28 of 118
Just submitted my order also. (and emailed for my refund
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Whoohooo.   Going to be on a business trip for 13 days so I went with regular shipping. Hopefully it will be waiting for me when I get back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back